PDA

View Full Version : WL Standard View

LarryBoy
06-03-2009, 11:20 AM
We are making our first stay at the WL in late July and will be in a standard view room, unless we get upgraded. :fingers: Is there a particular floor or wing that we should request? We will have two 8 year olds so there will be swim time each day. Also we will usually do breakfast and lots of refills at the RF, and of course we will spend a lot of time at the MK. Should I make any requests or just wait and see what they give us?

Figment78
06-03-2009, 01:08 PM
One of the things I really love about WL is how "compact" it feels. Nothing ever really seems like too far of a walk.

That being said, when we checked in last March, I asked if they had any rooms available on the Roaring Forks side, near the elevators and received my request. (sadly, this was after having to turn down an upgrade because the upgraded room didn't have a bathtub which we needed for my one-year-old!)

I'm not sure where the standard view rooms are exactly, but it can't hurt to make your request.

KylesMom
06-03-2009, 01:32 PM
We've always been very comfortable letting the chips fall where they may when checking in and have never been disappointed. We could see Wishes from our bed in our first "Standard View" at WL a few years ago, and the second "Standard" overlooked the WL DVC property and was a quick walk to the pool & boat dock. This year we'll do the same thing - I really don't think we could be disappointed with our room location at WL! :mickey:

pox24
06-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Don't let it be a concern. This hotel is a gem. Its not a long walk to anything. Gosh, I wish I was there now. Of all the WDW hotels my wife and I have stayed here the most since 1995. That not just a coincidence. The boat trip to the MK is great. No trams and no parking. Try the boat to the CR then Monorail to each hotel on the lagoon. Thats fun, especially for the shopping. Enjoy.

2lilboys
06-03-2009, 06:24 PM
We also had a standard view room on the Roaring Forks side of the building. We overlooked the loading area, which I was a little disappointed about at first, but we had a great view of the MK fireworks each night. If you ask for that side of the building, request a higher floor. We had a room on the 5th floor and could see the fireworks perfectly over the trees. I think you would have greater difficulty seeing them clearly through the trees on a lower floor. It was convenient to Roaring Forks, elevators, the pool and the boat launch to MK (although it is a small resort so nothing is really far away from any room). I would stay in that location again. We Loved WL!!