PDA

View Full Version : September Vacation Concern

Mister421
06-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Last time we went to Disney World was Nov. 2003. We had no trouble making reservations, dined at all of our choices, our times and even received all of our special requests. Prior vacations also went off the same way. We are planning now for another trip in September 2010. I've been reading all the horror stories with the free dining package and not being able to get reservations. It seems this occurs when the free dining offer is in effect. (Just my observation.) We are not concerned with "free" dining but more so with getting what we want as for reservations. Would we be beneficial in changing our vacation time to October or November when the free dining plan in not in effect? We were looking to save a little bit and beat some of the crowds by doing September, however, this is a special trip. We will be celebrating our anniversary and it will be our children's first trip to Disney. I guess I'm willing to spend a little more to make sure everything is as perfect as can be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cer
06-03-2009, 11:40 AM
If I were you, I'd wait and go outside of the promotion time. But that is just me. I'm all about avoiding crowds and heat and that way, you are much more likely to get your ADR's...

Mickey'sGirl
06-03-2009, 11:52 AM
We will be at the World from August 23 to Sept 5 this year (a total of 14 days). We got every single dining ADR we wanted at the time and place we wanted it. I did not get up and call at the crack of dawn either, it was more like 10:15am, and I was done and confirmed 15 minutes later. It was painless.

Don't let the panic stricken masses freak you out. If you are organized and flexible, you will likely have success.

I can not comment on the crowds. I don't think there is a slow time any more, just a crazy and even more crazy time. Have fun! :mickey:

Mater
06-03-2009, 11:54 AM
I've been in September the last few years in a row, specifically for the free dining. I had no trouble getting the reservations that I wanted --I just called as soon as the ADR window opened. The restaurants were busy, but certainly not unmanageable. We've found the free dining and low crowds in the parks to be a good balance.

If you plan in adavance you'll have a great experience. However, Florida in September is still hot, somewhat rainy and humid --you may find the climate more pleasant in October and November.

kwhitt3202
06-03-2009, 12:18 PM
We have gone end of Septermber beginning of October or end of November beginning of December the last four years and had no prolbem getting into places we wanted as long as I booked our dinning reservations the first morning I could either 180 days out or 90 days out. The only one we had a prolblem with is Le Cellier and since the menu change we have no desire to go. It depends on where you want to go you may have to be flexable on times and days when you call. (IE. you want to go to chef mickey at 6:30 pm on Monday but they dont have that time or day but they have one later in the week.) I have somewhat of a touring plan in my head when I call but I will rearrange plans to get into places that are a must. We mostly make our touring plans around our dinning reservations cause I have very pickey eaters in my family and I have food allergys. I make a list of what are our must do, love to do, and like to do and book the must do first then work my way through so we are happy with our plans.
Hope this made since and answered any questions

PETE FROM NYC
06-03-2009, 08:10 PM
HEY MISTER 421
WELCOME TO INTERCOT

I am a bit leery myself waiting for the September hours to be posted.My 90 day mark is this Saturday and still no park hours posted.Last trip 3/07 we were not able to get some our desired ressies.I hope we have better luck this time.
Enjoy your vacation.

faline
06-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Did I need to be a little flexible? Yes. Was it horrible? No. The biggest adjustment I needed to make was to put Le Cellier one night later than I originally planned. That meant I needed to rearrange a few other things. Outside of that, I got every reservation I wanted within the "rough" time frame I wanted.