PDA

View Full Version : Help With Anniversary Dinner

steamboat willy
06-03-2009, 10:45 AM
:help: OK, planning our ADR for our September Trip and OUR 25th Anniversary.:wine:
We were going to do MNSSHP,:mpumpkin: but DW says she wants to go out somewhere quiet, just the two of us and all of you of coarse. :grouphug:

So where's the spot? I have about 9 days before I can make my ADR.

She is not a fish eater, :shark:but I love it. She is not a sushie

eater, but I love it. She is not a "Wild Game" eater,:deer2: but I would try.

Was thinking Maya Grill, but we did that on our 20th? Let me have your ideas!

Thanks, Steamboat Willy :sail:a.k.a. Steve

joonyer
06-03-2009, 11:17 AM
I would choose California Grill. Romantic setting (you could still watch the MNSSHP fireworks) and great food and service. They have sushi for you , and plenty of other great menu items for her. It's one of the top rated restaurants in all of Florida.

renecat
06-03-2009, 11:35 AM
I would chose N:party:arcosse's at the GF if you make your ressies at the right time you can go out on the deck and watch the fireworks. They pipe in the music for you. They have a surf & turf thats great plus other things for your wife.
Trip for my birthday 09/07-09/13/09
at the poly

SBETigg
06-03-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm also a California Grill fan. If you want quiet, request to sit in the wine room. No kids in there, more intimate setting. But it's not on the MK view side. You can see the fireworks from Illuminations if you time it right, and you can always go out to the deck for a MK fireworks view (very romantic!). They've got sushi, fish, meat, wild game. For my last visit in April, I had a lobster app and ostrich for my main dish. It was incredible.

kwhitt3202
06-03-2009, 12:26 PM
We went to Citiricos last year for our 6yr ann. I love fish and dh cant stand it . This was a great place. The windows looked over the courtyard of the Grandfloridian and you can see the lagoon. The food was the best we have ever had at disney world and we have tried many of places. We go to wdw at least once a year for the last 7yrs. Then since you are going to the party you can catch the monorail to M.K. or take the boat that goes from G.F to M.K. Let them know its your Ann. They made us our own personalized menues that we got to take home. It is a verry quiet restaurant. A great place to relax and enjoy a conversation with your honey.

ThanxForNoticin
06-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I really do agree with the 3 choices above - Cali Grill, Citricos, and Narcoossee's are all excellent choices. I would probably lean a bit toward Cali Grill at CR - and the suggestion to request the wine room is also very good. We've always been surprised by how many kids dine at Cali Grill, too. Not that kids are a problem, but if this is a romantic evening, it's nice to get away from them for 2 hours! Enjoy.

artyboy
06-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Another vote for Citrico's! Very lovely room, and it's not usually crowded...the food is great, and the servers are awesome

ERJDriver
06-03-2009, 02:15 PM
My wife and I went to Artist Point last month for our anniversery and it was great. The atmosphere was nice, looking over the grounds at Wilderness Lodge, the food was great. I told them it was our anniversery when I made the ressie, and they had personalized menus congratulating us, after we both ordered non acholic drinks our server asked us if we drank. We said no, and thought it was a little weird, but forgot about it. A little while later he came out with two champagne flutes of ginger ale for a "champagne toast" So I would definitly recomend Artist Point, I haven't eaten any of the other places mentioned so I can't offer an opion on those. But have a great time whereever you decide

KatMark
06-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Does it need to be on the dining plan? One credit or two? We did Fulton's for our 25th anniversary, but it is not on the dining plan and it is expensive (yes, it is fish, but they also have other items that are not fish). I read great things about Jiko all the time at the AKL.