PDA

View Full Version : Different dining plans...same trip?

yasmina
06-03-2009, 09:22 AM
We're headed back to the World in less than 2 weeks. :mickey:

We're doing a split stay - SSR for 5 days/4 nights, and POFQ for 4 days/3 nights. We've already made arrangements for 5 day MYW passes w/hopper and waterparks, and will add another day - for 6 days total - when we arrive.

My ? is that we are considering doing 4 days of the standard meal plan (1 snack, 1 counter, 1 sit-down per day) and 2 days of the Quick Service Plan (2 snacks, 2 counter, & refillable mug per day).

Can you do this, or is it not permitted?

SFD998
06-03-2009, 09:46 AM
The only way you should be able to do two different dining plans is when you have checked out of SSR and check into POFQ. I have bounced around and every day that we would check into somewhere new we would have to pay for our meal plan and would be issued new cards for that time frame. I pay at check in, because I am a DVC member. I don't know if it would work the same if you are not. I see you are staying at SSR, but also at POFQ so I am not sure if you are a member or not. If you are not the reservation may be considered one trip and then you probably would not be able to do what you want. If however you booked it seperately then you should be able to do two different plans when changing resorts.

I am sure someone else could offer more definitive input.

Mickey'sGirl
06-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Isn't there a 3 day minimum for the plans? I might be wrong....

TheDuckRocks
06-03-2009, 10:00 AM
If I'm reading you correctly you only have MYW tickets connected to the first resort and none with the second. If that is true would they even allow the DDP to be used on the second part as it sounds like it is a room only reservation?
Do you have 2 seperate reservation numbers?
I think a room only reservation has 12 numbers and a Disney MYW package has only 8.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-03-2009, 10:10 AM
This is possible.

You would have to book 1 package (including park tickets and dining) for your time at SSR, and another for your stay at FQ.

The 'catches' are that you have to buy a park ticket for each part of your stay, and that alone would wipe-out any savings from the quick-service plan, and you'd have to have the quick-service plan for the 3 nights you're at FQ, not the 2 days you're thinking of.

It might be easier to just have the ticket and the DDP for the first part of the trip, and pay OOP for the second part, instead of making a package and purchasing the quick-service plan.

It'sWDW4me
06-03-2009, 10:47 AM
The 'catches' are that you have to buy a park ticket for each part of your stay, and that alone would wipe-out any savings from the quick-service plan, and you'd have to have the quick-service plan for the 3 nights you're at FQ, not the 2 days you're thinking of.

It might be easier to just have the ticket and the DDP for the first part of the trip, and pay OOP for the second part, instead of making a package and purchasing the quick-service plan.

I believe the only way around the 'catch' is if you're paying with DVC points for your FQ ressie (although that's probably not the case here). Then you can add the DP without paying for another set of park tickets - I think. But you would have to get the whole 3 days on the QSDP.

I completely agree that OOP may be your best bet for your last few days.

yasmina
06-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi all,

Well, I went directly to the source for an answer. I talked to our friend, who is renting us the room at SSR. He wasn't sure either, so he called DVC.

We can get the park tickets for as long as we want, but not the meal plan.

It bums me out, but after reading your kind replies, at least I was motivated to stop assuming that I knew something, and find out for sure, thus avoiding and unpleasant surprise on our trip.

Many thanks!