PDA

View Full Version : Best of Halloween in WDW?

VolMickey
06-02-2009, 10:19 PM
What does each park do for Halloween:thedolls::cap::lei::sombrero::trooper:? Will the events be in full-swing by mid-October?

We've got a DD that's 11, so some cool (not-so-scary) fun would be awesome. Any recommendations?

Strmchsr
06-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Really not much except for the MNSSHP. The party is very cool and worth attending (check Info Central for details), but Halloween is not an issue at the parks other than MK.

JabberJaws
06-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah MNSSHP is pretty much the gist of it, though it is a lot of fun. I highly recommend it.

MK goes full-tilt. The rest of the parks don't even really decorate. I've always thought DHS should tie in ToT w/ a halloween celebration since the backstory says it happened on halloween night, but alas my wishes have gone ungranted!

DTD used to decorate for halloween, though I am not sure if they still do.

There is also a haunted carriage ride that leaves from the Fort Wilderness campgrounds. My parents and wife did it last year just for giggles and it was pretty neat. It is themed after the Legend of Sleep Hallow. Family friendly, not too scary, and cool b/c it is a 4-person carriage so you get a good intimate experience.

I think last year it was $30 per person, though I am not 100% sure on that.

VolMickey
06-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks, everyone. This is good to know. I could see how the ToT could be really cool for Halloween. Maybe in the future?

Have a Magical Day! :thumbsup:

PETE FROM NYC
06-03-2009, 08:37 PM
My sister told me that Universal has a big todo for halloween, but I never saw it myself.

JabberJaws
06-04-2009, 09:43 AM
My sister told me that Universal has a big todo for halloween, but I never saw it myself.

Shhhhh:secret: this is a Disney site, we don't talk about that "other" park down I-4.

Jusst kidding. Actually Halloween Horror Nights at Universal are pretty awesome, but definitely NOT what you are looking for if you are looking for something "not so scary."

HHN are extremely bloody, gorey, dark, graphic and above all else, very scary! I don't usually get scared at mazes and the such (I worked for a theme parks halloween event for a few years), but HHN always gets me.

Stick to MNSSHP :mickey: