PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a 40th Birthday?

VolMickey
06-02-2009, 10:05 PM
OKAY. My family is now jumping for JOY!!!

We just booked a trip in mid-October! AKL is the hotel and we are JAZZED-UP! DW loves AKL and she loves the butternut squash soup there. DD loves the animals, and the activities at the hotel itself. AKL hotel is my absolute favorite, as well. The smells from the restaurants wafting into the lobby are unbelievable. The pool is awesome and the tropical setting gets you in the mood for adventure.

We'll be celebrating a belated 40th b-day for me -- Husband, Dad and Disney FAN! Any ideas for making that b-day in WDW memorable?

DW is especially looking forward to AKL and AK, itself, plus the cooler temperatures. Normally we go in Summer.

This time, DD is 11 and loves all things Japanese. Any thoughts on how to keep the magic alive for a 'tween who is a bit of a tomboy, with a bit of High School Musical thrown-in?

All ideas are appreciated!

faline
06-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Make sure you get, and wear, a birthday pin and that your celebration is noted on your dining and room reservations.

Here's some general information (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp)on celebrating a birthday at Disney.

VolMickey
06-03-2009, 06:05 PM
:thanks:

jrkcr
06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
If your DD is into Japanese, she'll love spending time in Japan in Epcot.
My kids also LOVE Japan, are learning Japanese and are advanced students in aikido(japanese martial art). So we spent alot of time(and money) in Japan, ate at Tepan Edo for table side cooking and entertainment, and also we ate at the counter service place called Yakatori House. We sat outside in the garden.
We all picked out our own style of chopstick in the great store. DD9 got several pokemon. That shop has so much in it, I can't list it all on here-but we bought alot!
Have a great trip!! And happy early birthday!:party:

VolMickey
06-03-2009, 06:40 PM
If your DD is into Japanese, she'll love spending time in Japan in Epcot.
My kids also LOVE Japan, are learning Japanese and are advanced students in aikido(japanese martial art). So we spent alot of time(and money) in Japan, ate at Tepan Edo for table side cooking and entertainment, and also we ate at the counter service place called Yakatori House. We sat outside in the garden.
We all picked out our own style of chopstick in the great store. DD9 got several pokemon. That shop has so much in it, I can't list it all on here-but we bought alot!
Have a great trip!! And happy early birthday!:party:

Awesome :thanks: