PDA

View Full Version : Oak Ridge golf

tink179
06-02-2009, 10:57 AM
I found out yesterday that a round of golf at Oak Ridge is on our waterpark and more option! :thumbsup: My question is to those of you that have went golfing how does the free transportation work? Does it work from Port Orleans Riverside? Will my family of 5 ( me, dh, ds8, ds6, dd3) be able to do this? Also, It will be just dh and I and our 2 sons playing. My dd will walk the course with us. Will we play in just one group? TIA!:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
06-03-2009, 04:43 PM
The conceirage (sp??) will give you a both ways taxi voucher. Ask in advance of your tee time. I did this last summer when I teed it up at Magnolia. It really worked great!! I am not sure on the amount of people allowed. Have fun!!:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
06-03-2009, 05:35 PM
1) As stated above, you take a taxi to the course.
2) You will get a voucher for the taxi, but you should tip $2-$3.
3) The Concierge can summon the taxi for you.
4) The Pro Shop can call the taxi when you are done.
5) If playing more than one day, the Pro Shop will store your sticks for free.

NOTE: Of course, if you score really well, you might just want to dance back to the resort.

tink179
06-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks for everyone's help! I appreciate it.:thumbsup:

BrerStitch
06-09-2009, 12:29 PM
OMG! I didn't know you could get a voucher for a taxi ride to the golf courses! Is the voucher available to anyone who has a tee time there and is staying at the resort?

Also, can someone tell me if they will let you out as a twosome on Oak Ridge? Finally, we might want to golf with my father-in-law who has various medical issues that won't let him walk for long periods....can a golf cart be rented for Oak Ridge or is it strictly walking?