PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know When The Pop Warner Will Be In WDW This Year?

DisneyPrincess21
06-02-2009, 02:10 AM
Does anyone know the exact date pop warner will be in WDW. Or if not this year's exact date, do you know the date they usually have it?
I know it's in the beginning of December, But I am looking for the exact date's.Thanks! :thumbsup:

Mom2threeboys
06-02-2009, 07:19 AM
It will probably be December 5-12th. We were there last year at the time they were there. Check in at the airport for ME was a nightmare. I've never seen so many people in line in my life. We stayed at POP, so didn't really have any problems there - I think they stay mostly at the All Stars and Port Orleans.

Strmchsr
06-02-2009, 07:55 AM
The WDW Wide World of Sports website says the competition is Dec 6-12, 2009. So, teams will probably start arriving on Dec 4 or 5.

lwith58
06-02-2009, 07:55 AM
The schedule for this years championships’ is not out yet. Last year it was the 6th through the 13th. If I had to guess I would say it probably be the 5th through the 12th as Mom2threeboys said, typically is falls on the second week...sometimes the first week though. They stay at the All Star Sports, Music and Port Orleans Riverside. You should be okay at POFQ.

My daughter was fortunate enough to compete in the cheering competition last year, it’s kind of funny you read and hear what a nightmare it is during that time but when your own child is competing you have a completely different outlook. I don’t think the long lines at the airport were from the Pop Warner families because they had completely separate lines just for them, for ME check in and for the actual bus. Honestly I didn’t notice a real difference in the parks, only at the resort.

Strmchsr is correct, I didn't think to look on the WDW site (go figure)...Pop Warner doesn't have it up yet.

DisneyPrincess21
06-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Anyone been to wdw during Pop Warner? Does it really affect the crowds level's at the parks?
I have been during christmas day-a few days after. And that was CRAZY! So i figured even with pop warner being there it will probably seem like it's empty at the parks compared to christmas week.