PDA

View Full Version : Deserts at T-Rex

marlaine
06-01-2009, 11:32 PM
While planning our Sept trip, I realized that the dinner at T-Rex in DTD that I promised my DS5 won't be happening because of changing some days around. Does anyone know if you can sit at the bar for a dessert so he can get the dinosaur experience without ordering a meal? Does Florida allow children to sit at the bar with an adult? (It's against the law here in Indiana.)

TheRustyScupper
06-02-2009, 07:41 AM
1) Yes, you can have drinks and dessert at the bar.
2) There are tables at which you can sit with the kids.
3) Legal or not, I would not put a kid at the bar.
4) By the Way: In Florida, it is up to the owner if kids can sit at the bar.

SBETigg
06-02-2009, 07:54 AM
You could get a table even if you're just ordering dessert. You could also check in and see if they would let you go in and have a look. It's pretty fantastic from the outside and I have a feeling that a look won't be enough if you'd previously promised a meal. I would try for a table, then order what you want, if just dessert so be it.

Cinderella's mom
06-02-2009, 10:33 AM
We were not a the bar, but in the bar section. They normally do not have a problem with the deserts only.

marlaine
06-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the info!
We've never ventured to DTD before, so I really don't know what to expect. We're going in the daytime-I have no idea how rowdy the restaurants with cocktails get!
Thanks for telling me about the tables-I would feel more comfy with my little guy sitting at a table!
(By the way, the trade off is a dinner at Chef Mickey's instead of dinner at T-Rex. I still want him to be able to experience the place though!):)