PDA

View Full Version : Sept Free Dining and Crowd Volume

VinnyNix
06-01-2009, 08:15 PM
We made our way to WDW in Sep 06 and were blessed with extremely minimal crowds. I'm pretty sure they ran the same free dining promo then but it didnt seem to make a difference on crowds. We booked again for the same time frame this year but are concerned the free dining promo may add some extra volume to September.

Thoughts???

PixieMagic
06-01-2009, 08:55 PM
You should be fine. They did run the free dining program in September of 2006 as we went the second to last week of September on the free dining promo! The crowds were amazing and since it's the same promo and all, I would assume you could expect about the same crowds if not Less due to the economy :thumbsup:

Itchy
06-01-2009, 09:13 PM
I have been to WDW before Labor Day and after labor day during the free dining and have never had a problem with the crowds. Its one of my favorite times to go.

Other than dealing with the possible tropical storm or hurricane its great.

I am going mid August with the Daughters family since the grand daughter is still in school and later in the month is our of the question. I am hoping that the crowds will still be down since most if not all of the florida kids will or should be in school.

Happy planning. 73 days and counting:mickey:

KAJUNKING
06-01-2009, 11:48 PM
this is our 4th year going for free dining and our 3rd year for labor day, and we love it! in the past we have noticed slightly elevated crowds for the weekend of labor day but then a nice lul after, weve walked onto soarin more than one time since weve been going in sept, and weve also seen 60 min waits at soarin a day earlier, you have to be at the right place at the right time to see the lowest crowds! i would suggest the best days calander at touring plans dot com im not sure its perfect but its worked well for us so far

Nicki'sMom
06-02-2009, 10:51 AM
I am hoping for the same thing. I have gone Sept 4-11 and Sept 27-Oct 3 and had the place to ourselves! The 5 year old starts kindy this year so we have to go Aug 17-22 and we are afraid it will be busier. I think you will be good to go in Sept.

Dragongirlx
06-02-2009, 11:37 AM
This is our 5th year going in September and we have never had a problem with crowds just remember to make your ADRs or you will be eating counter service the whole time

jonahbear2006
06-02-2009, 11:24 PM
we went sept 3-9 last year and there were a lot of times when the parks seemed like graveyards. The boardwalk was absolutely dead to life. We were told the restaurants would be hoppin' but the only one busy was Boma and we refuse to return bc of it's high volume last year. It was a long way to go for a very frustrating dinner.

BMan62
06-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Biggest queues we find in September, since the 'free DDP' offers have started for that time frame, have been the queues at the restaurants!!!

Park rides and attraction queues have run 30 minutes or less, which isn't a whole lot different than they were before the 'free DDP' offers began.