PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass renewal question! Need Help!

mdearmas
06-01-2009, 06:08 PM
If my Pass expires on June 3rd. and I renew it today but I do not actually turn in my voucher until my trip in september. will my anniversary date remain june 3rd or would it then become the date I claim the voucher in september

Hope that is not too confusing. i really need help!
:goofy:

kakn7294
06-01-2009, 06:49 PM
I've never done an AP renewal so I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that your renewal will be valid from the last day of your current pass - it's not a voucher, it's an active pass.

shellyc
06-01-2009, 07:07 PM
If you renew your pass at the reduced price, it will be effective one year from your original pass date, June 3rd.

ILoveLegos
06-01-2009, 11:05 PM
You can easily do an excel spreadsheet work up to figure out the daily savings cost of renewing your annual pass ($429) on or before your anniversary (but "losing days" until your actual trip) vs. just getting a new annual pass upon arrival to the parks($469), based on a 365 day year (technically you get 1 year & 1 day) and tallying as if you actually went to disney each day of the year (:mickey: - I wish - :blush:):

Annual Pass Cost ==> $469
Cost Per Day ==> $1.28

Renewal Pass Cost ==> $429
Cost Per Day ==> $1.17

Savings Per Year: $40
Savings Per Day: $0.11

Of course, actual savings based on your actual annual pass usage will probably vary from the above "ideal" example.

I've faced this delima a few times over the past 14 years and usually make 6 weeks past my anniversary date my "personal cut-off date" for renewal vs. a new annual pass, but that's mainly because I tend to be in the parks at the same time each year. Anywho, I hope this helps you a little bit.
:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
06-01-2009, 11:08 PM
I agree with the previous poster. If you're not going to use the pass for 3mos, it makes more sense to just get a new one vs getting a discount with the renewal. The renewal will indeed begin immediately.

badkitty
06-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Of course though, if you do not renew on June 3rd, you will not have access to the Passholder section of Disney's website and any Passholder discounts until you purchase your new pass. For me, it is a trade-off.

PetefromRI
06-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Of course though, if you do not renew on June 3rd, you will not have access to the Passholder section of Disney's website and any Passholder discounts until you purchase your new pass. For me, it is a trade-off.
The first time that we used MJ,they got us the AP rate even though we didn't have our AP's yet.We purchased our AP through MJ and went to Will Call to pick up our passes when we arrived at the parks.We got AP rates 3 or 4 times that year and they never asked us for proof at check in.

faline
06-02-2009, 08:19 PM
I have gotten annual pass room discounts several times without actually having yet purchased the annual passes. Our trips are such that it usually makes more sense for us to have a gap between purchases than to renew annual passes.

JPL
06-02-2009, 09:28 PM
It's definately a do the math situation since the renewal picks up the day after your original pass expires. I know my previous pass expired in January and I knew I would be back at WDW until June so I let it expire and will just pruchase a new pass upon arrival. I would have lost 5 /12 months of time.