PDA

View Full Version : A McCrankyPants Family Tale

WDWCrazyKaren
06-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Let me tell you all a little story. It begins long ago (September 10, 2005) and far away (Minneapolis, MN). Two ridiculous creatures (Surly McCrankyPants and WDWCrazyKaren-heretofor known as Crazy) were betrothed and plunged headlong into eternal happiness and wedded bliss. :funny: Surly came into this with a DD, now 18 and a DS, now 15. Crazy added DD1, now 21 and DD2, now 12 - into the mix. So here we are, well beyond our prime and coming to you with 4 children and a lot of love for each other. :cloud9:Now, Surly and Crazy are both hardworking fools. We work very hard for our farthings, and, like every other (ok, maybe like 99% of them) hardworking fools, sometimes it’s difficult to scrape those pence into a great big pile to accommodate things like Trips to Disney World. Surly has had to take a reduction in work hours, and Crazy works in the non-profit world (and by non-profit, I mean low paying). We love to travel, but sometimes vacations need to be low-budget in order for them to be feasible. Disney World fails to fall into this category. Surly and Cranky promised a couple of their spawn a trip back in January, but many factors came into play to push this trip back....and back...and back. However, with diligence and hard work, a few less trips to the buffet and a few less beers poured down our throats, I can now officially call this a PRE TRIP REPORT! Yes, we horrible parents are taking two of our demons out of school for a week to enjoy something called “Free Dining” at a little known, out of the way place called Disney World. DD (12) and DS (15) are the lucky recipients of this gift from their creators. DS has never been, so we’ve sat him down to watch those planning DVD’s (I think we own about 12 of them from years gone by), we have 10 planning books (Unofficial Guides, Passporters, Guide to the Magic-I could go on) that we read out of constantly. We want to make sure he’s a part of the planning. DD has been there a few times, so is looking at old photos and scrapbooks to remind herself of what she wants to do. We made our decisions on the table service restaurants (now I’ll have to see if those ADR’s are as hard to come by as folks are saying with this 90+10 thing going on), and keeping up with which nights Fantasmic! is on etc. DH is already sighing and walking away when ever I begin sentence with “You know, when we go.....”. He rarely lets me finish. However, I know a secret. :secret:He has a countdown timer on his iPhone! Yup, Surly has started counting down the days. I love him so much for that. It’s the little things that get me. It’s only trip #2 for him, but he’s so excited to be taking his son and going with the family. Family vacations + his old life=0, so even for us elderly folks, it’s a big deal.

Wish us (and the other travelers we encounter) good luck from September 26-October 2, 2009. Disney World will never be the same again.

It'sWDW4me
06-01-2009, 04:52 PM
:funny: :funny:

Lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie: and :magic: for you and everyone at the World that week!!! Hope all goes well with your planning and trip.

And, Crazy, I'll be looking for your trip report(s) at the beginning of October!

badkitty
06-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Great report! It sounds like you will have a great time. :magic::tink::minnie::pixie:

mouseketeer mom
06-02-2009, 08:39 AM
A well deserved trip in the making! Looking forward to reading all about it!

pdrlkr
06-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

DizNee143
06-02-2009, 10:07 AM
lol..love the pre-trip report!!
hope you guys have a wonderful time!! :mickey:

aprilisis
06-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Have a great time & thanks for the pre-trip report! :mickey:

faline
06-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Can't wait to read all about your adventures on your upcoming trip! You have a wonderfully enjoyable writing style!

ElenitaB
06-03-2009, 12:32 AM
If this was your pre-trip report, I'm looking forward to the real thing!

P.S. What's your DH using for the countdown?

artyboy
06-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm arriving on your last day...have a fabulous trip!

Mackflava99
06-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Sounds like its going to be a well deserved fun vacation

BluewaterBrad
06-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Here is Wishing You a WONDERFUL trip!!!!!:mickey:

cer
06-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Have a wonderful trip! :mickey: