PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for celebrating !!

Zeike
06-01-2009, 08:57 AM
We are planning for a January 2010 trip, the dates would include our anniversary date. Any ideas on how I might surprise my wife for this special occassion? Considering anything done will have to include our 3 boys (7 plus 2 years twins). I have read no re-hitching ceremonies are done anymore, any ideas? I still have months to plan out a good surprise.

Thanks to all,

Ed!

faline
06-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Perhaps a fireworks cruise?

spoiledraf
06-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Hope you come up with a good answer because I only have six more days to come up with something! :D

Actually the trip itself is what the wife asked for so I'm pretty well covered but I'd like to do something special. She wanted to take the kids and grand kids with us so theres not a lot of extra cash for anything else. :(

And since she sneeks on here and reads my posts, I have to be careful what I type. Right Dear??? :cool:

Tick-Tock
06-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Set up a photography session to get some great family shots.

TheRustyScupper
06-01-2009, 04:58 PM
OK, but you can't spread this around.

TheRustyScupperRomanceAgenda: (My favorites are in BOLD)
1) A leisurely afternoon at the GF High Tea.

2) People-watching at Fort Wilderness from the porch, while her moving rocking chair with your foot.

3) Enjoying a drink while sitting in the garden behind the England exhibit in EPCOT.

4) Any of the boat rides after dark.

5) Relaxing in the hot tub. (Libations optional)

6) Jazz at Scat Cat lounge at PO French Quarter. (if open)

7) Evening drinks in Grand Floridian lobby with the string quartet.

8) Disney Florist deliver flowers to your restaurant.

9) Hire pixies to come with a gift.

10) Dinner at "Victoria & Albert's". (elegant, expensive)

11) Maitre'd bring a pre-arranged birthday cake.

12) Tip servers to sing Happy Birthday or Happy Wedding.

13) Have Mickey/Minnie deliver flowers/glass-slipper (Very Expensive)

14) Rent a pontoon lake cruise with food.

15) Have airport limo put bouquet of her favorite flowers in the car.

16) Pull a glass slipper from your suitcase while in car. (Better if you drink champagne from it!)

17) Reserve a 1-hr private (joint) spa treatment and massage at the Grand Floridian.

18) While she watches TV after a busy day, draw her a warm bubble bath, and put her favorite perfume into the water. After she goes in, put rose petals on the bed for after her bath. As an option, bring champagne and fluted glasses into bathroom.

19) For only a SLIGHT fee, walk around the grounds of a deluxe resort, and arrange to have dinner waiting at a table on the path.

20) Send your wife flowers on no special day with a note "Happy Unbirthday to You". Send it to her work and her co-workers get jealous (because they are not to make up or an occasion) and give her compliments which helps endear her.

21) Write a note saying something like "Love You and Love You Near". Fold it roughly and put in her underwear drawer for when she gets dressed.

22) When you get back after walking the parks sit her on the bed, slowly take off her shoes, and rub her feet. (A definite killer!)

23) When tasting the wine, place her finger in the glass and taste the wine from her finger. This also blows the Wine Steward's mind.

24) As she is getting dressed (not undressing), sit on the bed and ask her if it is OK for you to watch, because she still turns you on, even GETTING dressed.

25) If she wears glasses, take them and PUT THEM ON her. This also gives you a chance to caress her cheeks as you look into her eyes.

26) Instead of sitting across from her at the restaurant, surprise her and suddenly sit next to her, and then play "kneezies".

27) Dinner at Narcoossee's or Fulton Crab.

28) Lastly, write her a poem. Style doesn't count. In this case, the THOUGHT is really the important thing.

ltam16
06-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Let the restaurants you'll be dining in know. At Crystal Palace we had a cute confetti heart on our table. My kids loved it and saved all the confetti!

In advance I arranged to have a special keepsake menu made at the Coral Reef. It had pictures from our wedding. You can also check to see if you can get a diver to swim by with a Happy Anniversary sign. I don't have that info anymore, but I'm sure someone on here can get it for you!

We got anniversary buttons and got lots of warm wishes!

Have a wonderful trip!

Becky2005
06-03-2009, 04:06 PM
25) If she wears glasses, take them and PUT THEM ON her. This also gives you a chance to caress her cheeks as you look into her eyes.

I laughed at that one and wanted to add "but just don't poke her in the eye when you do it" -- I wear glasses and well...you tend to get poked in the ear or eye when other people attempt to put your glasses on instead of you just doing it yourself.