PDA

View Full Version : Have you dined at Artist Point ?

Figaro0826
05-31-2009, 08:09 PM
We are planning on eating at the Artist Point our first night since were staying at the WL.

Done Whispering Canyon twice.

I've heared mixed reviews on the food at AP.

What do you think?

Tinkerbellfan
05-31-2009, 08:16 PM
We have dined at Artist Pointe several times. We have always had a wonderful meal. We have had the bison, the tenderloin (excellent) and the Salmon. We have never been disappointed. The berry cobler is excellent.

faline
05-31-2009, 08:19 PM
We ate there for the second time last year - the first time was a number of years earlier. We had a good dining experience but wouldn't classify it as outstanding and it has not made it to our 'must do" list.

LandFan
06-01-2009, 08:54 AM
We ate there a few years ago. In our opinion, it was not memorable. Definitely not worth 2TS if you are on the dining plan. The berry cobbler we had was really awful (maybe it was just a bad night for it) I switched to the coffee three ways which was better. If you have access to good salmon, buffalo and the like near where you live like we do, it is nothing special. If you don't maybe it is worth a try for you...

JMHO
:mickey:

aprilisis
06-01-2009, 11:08 AM
I ate there once a while ago & I'm dying to get back. I'm a vegetarian, though & I usually get something not on the menu. I thought it was fantastic. It has a great wine list, too! :wine:

brownie
06-01-2009, 11:33 AM
We had a character breakfast there in 2000. The food was good, but that was quite some time ago. I can't really give you a more accurate picture of what it's like today.

Rosanne
06-01-2009, 11:46 AM
The last time I ate there with my fiancee (about a year ago) it was fabulous. The cobbler is amazing.

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. Let us know what you think!

artyboy
06-01-2009, 03:43 PM
It is one of our "must do" restaurants. Amazing food, service, wine list, etc.

We've never been disappointed here, and we plan to eat there in October!

TheRustyScupper
06-01-2009, 03:54 PM
1) Like most WDW Signature restaurants, it is good food.
2) The menu items have been "dumbed down" since DDP.
3) But, you will not be disappointed.
4) You should enjoy your meal.

omearac
06-01-2009, 04:40 PM
I ate there once a while ago & I'm dying to get back. I'm a vegetarian, though & I usually get something not on the menu. I thought it was fantastic. It has a great wine list, too! :wine:

April, I'm a vegetarian too. I was going to order the potstickers when we're there in Sept. What else have you ordered there. We're looking forward to trying Artist Point because we've never been there before. :party:

Mousefever
06-01-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm not a vegetarian, but I often eat like one. I had the pot stickers in April, and I was very pleased. My husband and son enjoyed their respective meals of salmon and scallops. Dessert was very good.

Amy

hoop de do
06-01-2009, 07:38 PM
We ate there on May 17th. Menu follows:
Appetizers:
Mussels with Fennel & Grilled Sourdough Toast
Smokey Portobello Soup with Roasted Shiitakes and Chive Oil.
Spinach Salad with Crisp Bacon,Radishes, Hard-cooked Eggs,Pickled Onions and Mustard Vinaigrette.
Venison Pot Stickers with Tamarind Ponzu
Mixed Green Salad with Roasted Pear and Champagne Vinaigrette,Black Diamond Cheddar and Candied Hazelnuts
A selection of Artisanal Cheeses - Fiscalini,Midnight Moon, Rogue River Blue with seasonal Garnishes & Walnu Toast
Entrees:
1.Cedar Plank-Roasted Wild Columbia River Salmon with Roasted Potatoes,Brussels Sprouts,Smoked Pork Belly, & Honey Truffle Brown Butter
2.Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes,Sauteed Baby Spinach,Blue Cheese Fritter & Port Wine Reduction
3.Braised Buffalo Short Rib with Parsnip-Potato Gratin,Glazed Leeks & Red Wine au jus
4.Butter Poached Wild Boar Tenderloin with Mushroom Bread Pudding,Fava Beans,Pickled Asparagus & Hucklebery Jus
5.Seared Junbo Day Boat Scallops with Roasted Wils Mushroom Risotto & White Truffle Nage
6.Pan Seared Muscocy Duck Breast with Crisp Rice Galette,Cucumber Salad,Tempura Asparagus. & Lemongrass-Black Bean Sauce
7.Potato-Chive Pot Stickers with Edamame,Spinach and Soy Vinaigrette

A very good selection on their Wine List.

We had the Salmon and the Beef Tenderloin and both were very very good.

It was our first time there. I think you will enjoy it. Hope you have a great experience.
Hope I helped.

c&d
06-02-2009, 09:59 AM
We eat there every time we're down. DH has always loves the steak or the buffalo and I've enjoyed the scallops. The service has always been excellent and the wine pairings for each course make the meal that much better. :thumbsup: