PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays and anniversary

jiminylover
05-31-2009, 04:26 PM
We are planning a trip to WDW. While we are there we will be celebrating 3 birthdays...I have heard that you can have people come in and decorate your room for these events. Anyone know if this is true? And if so, do you know who I can contact to do it? I have also heard that you can do birthday scavenger hunts and such around the parks...? Are there any other events/things I can do for their birthdays? All the help you can give would be helpful. My kids have each been 5 times so I would just like to mix it up a bit.
:mickey::party::hmghost::wave:

Welovejiminy!
05-31-2009, 04:53 PM
First off, I love your avatar!!! I found it ironic that you are from Gloucester City, and we are from Gloucester, MA. Another Jiminy lover out there ! In any case 2 of my children will be celebrating b-days this October when we will be at Disney. When I made my reservations(directly through WDW), the CM asked me if my family would be celebrating a b-day. When I informed her that my 2 children were, she said there would be a special surprise for them. I have heard that some people receive pins or balloons, not sure if special requests can be made. Good luck spotting Jiminy when you are at WDW! Hope you have a great time!

Strmchsr
05-31-2009, 05:21 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

You can contact Disney Florist for a special arrangement (you have to pay for that). If you put you your reservation that you're celebrating a birthday at some point during your stay you'll receive pins and a happy birthday card. You can also tell the CM when you're checking in that you're celebrating a birthday and they'll give you Happy Birthday pins then. Haven't heard about scavenger hunts or anything like that.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-31-2009, 05:21 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

We've always used the Disney Florist for special gifts during our trips. We've had items delivered to the room, and on our last trip, we arranged to have a special present delivered during our DD's birthday dinner.

They can be reached at (407) 827-3505 or disneyflorist.com

I'm sure that there are other options as well, but this one has always worked well for us.

faline
05-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Some folks report having their birthdays recognized with something left in the room. This does not always happen, though, so, if you want to ensure that something is delivered to your room, you could order it (Of course, there would be a charge for that).

Birthday pins are available at all parks at Guest Services. You just need to request one.

I have not heard of Disney offerering any specific birthday activities such as scavenger hunts. They do have their special offer for those who are in Disney on the actual day of their birthdy with the option of a one-day ticket; fast passes for the day; or a Disney gift card.

I would also suggest you inform restaurants of your special occasion(s) when you make your dining reservations. You never know when some special magic will come your way!

Here's some general information about celebrating birthdays at Disney World (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp).