PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Restaurant vs. Liberty Tree Tavern

andypooh
05-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Which would people prefer/recommend for dinner in the MK? Will be travelling with DW, DS 4, DS 2, and my parents. Thanks for the advice.

tjstrike
05-31-2009, 02:57 AM
personally, with kids that age I'd do the character meal at Cyrstal palace, but out of the 2 choices you gave I'd pick the plaza.

nicster
05-31-2009, 03:02 AM
The Plaza with the kids at the ages you listed. The Liberty Tree is too much of a real restaurant (if that is okay way to describe it). The Plaza has more of a place for kids feel. IMHO

Madame Leona
05-31-2009, 07:37 AM
If there was still character dining, I would say Liberty Tree hands down. However, I feel that The Plaza has better food and wonderful desserts.

TheRustyScupper
05-31-2009, 08:36 AM
1) The Plaza is more of a sandwich shop than restaurant.
2) It was named a TS when they needed more for the DDP.
3) I would pick LTT if you don't want characters.

KatMark
05-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Definitely the Plaza. While we liked the food at Liberty for lunch, we've read mixed reviews on dinner and it is rather pricey with no characters. The Plaza offers great sandwiches and superb desserts (DH loves the banana split).

azcavalier
05-31-2009, 11:03 AM
My kids love the Liberty Tree Tavern actually. However, I'm not even sure of where The Plaza is. Where is it??

ElenitaB
05-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Make a right at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, and it's on the right hand side.

We're looking forward to having dinner there in August! Always like to try "new" places.

azcavalier
05-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Make a right at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, and it's on the right hand side.

We're looking forward to having dinner there in August! Always like to try "new" places.

That's a TS restaurant??? Had no idea.

barbiegirl314
06-02-2009, 12:11 PM
We ate at the Plaza for the first time when we were there last month. I was pleasantly suprised. It was a relaxed atmosphere, they had yummy shakes, and a tomato soup that was to die for. :cloud9:

Last time we ate at Liberty Tavern I wasn't to impressed with the food. I think given a choice I would choose the Plaza again.

leighe
06-02-2009, 01:18 PM
We enjoy both but if you are going for dinner I'd go to the Plaza. I think the lunch menu is better at LTT.

Edited to add: Plus your kids will probably get a kick out of the little mini bottles of ketchup, mustard, and mayo. Mine did.

Nini5055
06-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Well, with kids that young, I would do Crystal Palace as well.

However, if I had to choose between the Plaza and LTT...I would pick LTT. We have a great lunch there with my dd7. It was relaxing and the food was great!!!

Neither Plaza or LTT have characters (Crystal Palace has Pooh & Friends). The food at Plaza is more sandwich & ice cream while the food at LTT is sit down meal fare.

Not that you're asking...but the food at Tony's Town Square was horrid!!!

VolMickey
06-03-2009, 06:19 PM
On the original question, LTT was awesome everytimg we visited. Food was good, characters were many and friendly. Great for our DD (10) last summer and in years past.

Pop Centurion
06-03-2009, 06:51 PM
My vote goes to LTT.

ElenitaB
06-03-2009, 07:17 PM
That's a TS restaurant??? Had no idea.
Note that the Ice Cream Parlor isn't a TS; it's on the corner... the Plaza Restaurant is down the path a bit on the way toward Tomorrowland.