PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide for Marathon

hlkeck
05-30-2009, 04:48 PM
I *intend* to run the Disney Marathon in January '10. We currently have a room booked at AKV Kidani - savannah view and waitlisted for concierge. Concierge hasn't come through and my 7 mo window is a few days away...this is a girls weekend and my first trip to disney without my kids and I've never stayed at any other DVC resort.

If there is availability - and this is in January, so I'm not sure there'd be any swim time anyway, but would you recommend that I try another resort?

In order of preference I'd like to try:

BCV
BLT
WL
BWV

but we haven't stayed at kidani yet...I'm so torn. If you've run the marathon before, is there any reason you'd want to stay at another resort over AKV? I'd love any input you have!

dlpmikki
05-31-2009, 03:33 AM
I can't help with most of your questions but I have certainly been swimming in WDW in January. BCV has the best pool.

chrispooh1963
06-05-2009, 12:40 PM
I am running the marathon inJanuary but not sure where we are staying yet. We are DVC but are using our points for 3 other trips planned next year. Our home resort is BW and we just love it there. Its a nice walk to Epcot and a little longer walk to HS. Aftrer running you are going to want to keep moving and being at BW you can walk to 2 of the 4 parks.