PDA

View Full Version : Arriving 1 day early - need help!

DisneyFr33k
05-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Ok, I need all of your help here. We have booked a special (via pin code we were e-mailed) for this October. The special begins on a Sunday and we'll stay at the World until the next Thursday where we'll then go on a 3 night Disney cruise (another special). :thumbsup:

However, we are wanting to arrive on Saturday, a day early. We won't have park tickets or dining plan available yet as those will kick the in the next day.

Any creative ideas as what we can do on that day? We'll arrive at POP around 10-11am and will have the day to do something outside the main parks.

The only ideas we've thought of is Downtown Disney, water park (we'd pay extra for) or just swim at the pool at POP. However, I know you all have a ton of experiences you can share.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can share!

TheRustyScupper
05-30-2009, 04:17 PM
. . . swim at POP pool
. . . mini-golf
. . . Downtown Disney
. . . movie at AMC

faline
05-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Visit other resorts
Ride the monorail
Head over to Fort Wilderness and visit the horses
Rent bikes
Rent water craft

Tick-Tock
05-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Fishing at the Fishing Hole at POR
Take the boat from POR to DTD
Disney Quest
Visit AKL and look at animals, check out the new DVC part
Visit WL and do their Hidden Mickey hunt
Tea at Grand Floridian
ADR at a MK resort and watch Electrical Water Parade
Maybe something will be happening at the Wide World of Sports?
Visit the Boardwalk

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-30-2009, 08:47 PM
I would seriously consider the water park! We did Blizzard Beach for the first time this trip, and we LOVED it!!! It is now a must-do for us, and well worth the extra $$ :swim:

sisterslovindisney
05-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Some suggestions: water park, the Boardwalk, Cirq., Ohana timed right to watch Wishes, resort hopping, AKL animal viewing, ride the monorail, DisneyQuest.

Kathy Jetson
05-31-2009, 12:28 AM
Do chip and Dales campfire and movie at Fort Wilderness.

Daddy Mouse
06-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Visit other resorts
Ride the monorail and busses
Rent bikes at Boardwalk
Rent water craft
Mini golf
Water Park
DTD
watch the Water pageant from the Poly, FW, GF, C, or WL

steamboat willy
06-02-2009, 02:58 PM
:cool:

First do the Happy Dance - you have arrived
Change into your suits and enjoy the Pop Pool
Ready for Lunch - Take bus to MGM, but don't go in. Walk past entrance to MGM and talk a nice boat ride to the Boardwalk. Have a nice lunch outside at the Big River Grill.
Catch bus outfront to MK. Again, don't go in. Take Resort Monorail to the 1st stop....The Contemporary Hotel or 3rd stop the Polynesian Resort.
Enjoy a walk on the beaches, grab a cool drink or even a boat over to Fort Wilderness.
Now I've got you really pooped out, but i hasn't cost you a ticket for admission to anything.
ENJOY