PDA

View Full Version : The Twilight Saga: New Moon (Opens Nov. 20. 2009)

NotaGeek
05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Hmmm. This is a pretty lame site build for such a HUGE movie. Let's hope we get more!

New Moon Official Site (http://www.twilightthemovie.com/)
New Moon Yahoo! Site
(http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810055802/info)

Stich8818
05-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Plus this coming Sunday. The MTV Movie Awards will have the first trailer for New Moon. If I am not mistaken. Robert Pattison,Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner are going to introduce the footage.

WishesFan13
05-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Yeah, the official site doesn't have much. i go the fansites for news. i can't wait for Nov 20th.

IamBelle
05-29-2009, 07:26 PM
I hope they put more Edward in the movie then there is in the book!

joanna71985
05-29-2009, 07:30 PM
I can't wait to see New Moon!

RedSoxFan
05-29-2009, 07:46 PM
DD12 can't wait for this movie.

pink
05-30-2009, 02:12 PM
There is already a 15 second of the trailer to be shown on Sunday online. It basically just shows Washington and then shows Bella pull up in her truck at her house and she is standing outside with Edward and says "It's my birthday so kiss me."

They just shot all of the Italy scenes, the whole shoot is done. They actually have pictures of the reuniting online and it looks amazing. I'm so excited for it.

I hope they put more Edward in the movie then there is in the book!

Edward is going to be in the book more. When Bella hears his voice there is also going to be an apparition of him.

:mickey:

WishesFan13
05-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Tonight on the MTV movie awards they are showing the first New Moon trailer. It was just going to be a clip and then it was announced it will be the trailer. Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are going to intoduce it. One thing said Taylor Lautner too and something else said it would just be Rob and Kristen. Either way i'm excited.

NotaGeek
06-01-2009, 03:11 AM
If you Google "New Moon Trailer" the new trailer from MTV is all over YouTube ... and it looks really good!

WishesFan13
06-01-2009, 07:02 PM
ok i don't know about anyone else, but i am so excited about the trailer. i love the bday scene and jasper going into the piano. i can' t wait for November, even my husband said the trailer makes him want to watch new moon.

joanna71985
06-01-2009, 07:50 PM
The trailer is so good! I can't wait to see the party scene.

pink
06-01-2009, 07:51 PM
I saw the trailer last night, I love the birthday party scene. I also love Laurent's red eyes, it looks amazing. At first I was a little dissapointed by the wolf transformation, I wish they hadn't shown it yet. :mickey:

Arielfan98
06-01-2009, 08:25 PM
I can't wait till New Moon comes out!

RedSoxFan
06-01-2009, 08:34 PM
I saw the trailer today and showed DD12. We are both excited for the movie. DH watched Twilight with us on Saturday and enjoyed -- much more than he thought he would. He wants to see New Moon too.

Melanie
06-01-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure I like the werewolf look they've come up with. Not sure what I was expecting, but that wasn't it. I'm sure I'll get used to it. :unsure:

Earnhardt321
06-03-2009, 11:23 PM
SOOOOOO excited for New Moon to come out. I have watched the trailer a few times and I just wish it was out sooner.

Disneypixie513
06-04-2009, 10:48 PM
I am super excited for this movie! DF already said he'll be taking me to the midnight showing. :secret:
I've watched the trailer so many times; it's so good, yet it's so hard watching it because I remember that 11-20 is SO far away.
Only 168 days left to wait. :(

pink
06-13-2009, 01:06 PM
I am super excited for this movie! DF already said he'll be taking me to the midnight showing.
I've watched the trailer so many times; it's so good, yet it's so hard watching it because I remember that 11-20 is SO far away.
Only 168 days left to wait.

My DM and I are also going to the midnight showing, it makes it that much more exciting. I know exactly how you feel, I love watching the trailer too but it's hard to imagine how long we have to wait for it to actually come out.

Just in case anyone wants to know, I don't know if I can post the name of the website but they post daily updates on the film and have an exclusive behind the scenes clip of shooting New Moon. It showed Bella and Jacob in his garage, Edward at school and Bella and Jacob talking in the rain. :mickey:

pink
07-24-2009, 02:25 AM
The annual Comic Con convention was held in San Diego yesterday in which Rob Pattinson (Edward), Kristen Stewart (Bella), Taylor Lautner (Jacob) and Ashley Greene (Alice) all were in attendance.

They showed two new clips: SPOILERS
1) Showed Jacob teaching Bella how to ride a motorcycle, she "sees" Edward and crashes.
2) Bella chasing after Edward in Italy.

Just my opinion, but they both look AMAZING, better than the whole Twilight movie did. Looks veyr promising! :mickey:

P.S.- They updated the official New Moon website with tours around the Cullen home, new sounds bits and a tour around the La Push reservation.

Disneyatic
08-04-2009, 11:26 AM
I was reading the other day about the actress who plays Victoria being replaced by someone else for the 3rd film.
Not that I am attached to the current Victoria, but I really hate it when they switch actresses in the middle of a series, it seems so "soap opera-ish". It just is kindof disorienting to the storyline for me.
I guess depending on the storyline they give Victoria in New Moon, and the camera time she has, it may not be as noticeable when the 3rd movie comes out...but we'll see.

pink
08-08-2009, 11:51 AM
I was reading the other day about the actress who plays Victoria being replaced by someone else for the 3rd film.
Not that I am attached to the current Victoria, but I really hate it when they switch actresses in the middle of a series, it seems so "soap opera-ish". It just is kindof disorienting to the storyline for me.
I guess depending on the storyline they give Victoria in New Moon, and the camera time she has, it may not be as noticeable when the 3rd movie comes out...but we'll see.

Victoria plays a large part in Eclipse, she is the main villian. The person they replaced her with is Bryce Dallas Howard, they look similiar but I agree, I don't like when they switch someone out mid-series, especially when Victoria only has one film left. There are rumors going around that it was a money factor that made them fire Lefevre, but they claim it to be conflicting schedules. Lefevre has sued them already. :mickey:

Disneypixie513
09-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Just a heads up to anyone interested, but tomorrow night on MTV, the VMA's are on at 9p.m ,and they're releasing another trailer.
Based on all the trailers I've seen, I think this is going to be an AMAZING movie.. 68 days :D

KylesMom
09-12-2009, 09:49 PM
DS and I are excited to view the new trailer tomorrow night . . . I hope it's an all-new one and not a revamped one (LOL no pun intended) from what's been released on the web and at theaters. :thumbsup:

pink
09-13-2009, 11:48 AM
The new trailer that is going to be showed at the VMA's is already online. It looks really good, I can't wait to see the movie. The way that they showed Edward's ghost is amazing. :mickey:

LauraleeH
09-13-2009, 05:12 PM
I haven't been able to find the new trailer online yet but I read spoilers and it sounds good!

For anyone who may be interested...Walgreen's has New Moon chocolate in the Halloween section of their stores. I'm already on my second bag, it's so good! Edward's chocolate has a caramel filling, Bella's has creme, and Jacob has peanut butter. I honestly bought it only because of the movie, not expecting them to be good, but they're so addicting!

BriarRose0708
09-14-2009, 11:03 AM
WOW! The new trailer for New Moon that was on the VMAs last night looks a million times better than the first Twilight movie! I am a huge fan of the series, and was excited but disappointed with Twilight, but can't wait for New Moon now!

Disneypixie513
11-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Well, down to the single digit dance! Only 9 more days. Anyone going to a midnight showing? I got my tickets back in late september.
All the clips and trailers look great, but it kinda irks me that they've released 3 trailers, 4 clips, and then the TV spots. With Twilight, they did 3 trailers, only 1 clip, and then the tv spots. I'm not complaining (much), but it seems a tad desperate (more-or-less, may not the word I'm looking for) to me. :confused:

KylesMom
11-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Our theater isn't releasing tickets yet . . . DS is begging me to take him to the midnight showing, but I told him forget it with school the next day. Ashley & Kellan were at a local mall last night promoting New Moon (sponsored by Hot Topic), which apparently was really well attended.

I'm not sure what you mean about showing the clips & TV spots as desperate, however. The hype surrounding this film is HUGE, and they're just whipping the millions into a frenzy before official release. As far as the first movie and the trailers (or lack thereof) ... the budget for New Moon versus Twilight can't be compared, as is evidenced by the advertising spots, cast tours, merchandise, published companion materials, etcetera.

I have a feeling DS and I will be seeing the movie two different times - once so that we don't hear spoilers from others with the scores of screaming girls, and another time at a matinee a few weeks later . . . :D

Bethis26fan
11-11-2009, 11:46 AM
We got or tickets for 10 am on Saturday in hopes that some of the screaming teens will still be in bed. :)

Joannelet
11-11-2009, 01:41 PM
9 more days!!!! :)

RedSoxFan
11-11-2009, 02:40 PM
DD13 wants to go see New Moon on 11/20 as soon as volleyball practice is over. I'm hoping it won't be too busy around 3:30pm. Of course, she wants to go to the midnight showing; but that won't happen with school the next day.

LauraleeH
11-11-2009, 03:54 PM
I got my tickets to go to the midnight showing. I might go back Friday morning and maybe there won't be as many screaming girls. I really hope the audience is respectful and quiet, but I don't believe it will be.

stitchaholic
11-11-2009, 07:02 PM
i absolutly loved the books,all of them,but I was so dissapointed in the movie, I couldn't put the books down once i started reading them and i was so excited to see the movie,i felt let down,but i guess to get all the details from the book in a screenplay,it would have to be 3 hours long.
i am not holding my breath for new moon,i will watch it,but maybe when it comes out on DVD

LauraleeH
11-11-2009, 09:33 PM
i absolutly loved the books,all of them,but I was so dissapointed in the movie, I couldn't put the books down once i started reading them and i was so excited to see the movie,i felt let down,but i guess to get all the details from the book in a screenplay,it would have to be 3 hours long.
i am not holding my breath for new moon,i will watch it,but maybe when it comes out on DVD
A local radio station mentioned that they all got to see it early and said they absolutely loved it, even though they didn't like the first. They said fans will love it because it stays true to the book and the effects are much better. It definitely was not as "low budget" as Twilight. My brother hates hates hates Twilight in general, but after hearing how much they liked it, he actually wants to go.

joanna71985
11-13-2009, 10:54 PM
I can't wait to see it!

pixiesmimi
11-15-2009, 07:41 PM
They have already finished Eclipse also. Saw and interview on TV the other day with "Emmett" and he said they just finished filming Eclipse.

RedSoxFan
11-19-2009, 04:36 PM
I bought New Moon tickets today for the 4pm showing tomorrow for DD13 and I. The ticket guy said 5 theatres out of 9 are already sold out for the midnight showing. The movie itself will be shown on 4 theatres every hour. I look forward to watching it. Kourtney, on the other hand, is bouncing off the walls with excitement.

smcd
11-19-2009, 07:09 PM
We've got our tickets for tonight! The Regal in Quakertown is showing Twilight at 9pm...So I got tickets for that too! Hoping we'll be able to stay in the theater from one to the next.

My daughter bought us t-shirts....I can't wait!

Yeap. I'm a Twilight Mom...:blush:

Disneypixie513
11-20-2009, 11:55 AM
WOW! New Moon was utterly good. The effects were great. It stuck to the book insanely well. I just love Taylor Launter as Jacob. He did an amazing job.

I really really can't wait for the DVD. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
11-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks for sharing, Disneypixie513 - I have my tix for Sunday - can't wait until then! The reviews that I've read are mostly on the negative side from non-Twihards, so I'm glad to hear that it's enjoyable. :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
11-20-2009, 04:03 PM
I saw the movie today at 10am ...jumping on the AMC Morning Cinema $5 special ... I enjoyd it, it was worth $5 -- but to be honest it dragged on a bit -- I am looking forward to the next movie!

Disneyatic
11-21-2009, 12:33 AM
We went to see New Moon today, my daughter, myself, my cousin and her daughter.
We all LOVED it.
I was really pleased with how well it stuck with the book. I didn't feel like it went on too long at all :secret: It had a really great mix of special effects, action, humor, and of course, love and romance.
I think that all the actors did a really great job.
Rosalie is still not my favorite, she just doesn't fit the description I got from the books. Emmet (Kellan) is great, can't wait til the next movie when they rest of the Cullens get to flesh their characters out. Was a tad bit dissappointed with the Quilete boys, they just didn't seem big and powerful enough for me, I started thinking that after seeing the previews and still feel that way.

Overall though, totally loved it!:cloud9: And will be seeing it again soon!
Our theather had souvenir cups and we got Team Jacob, I really wanted Edward but DD said I was silly to pay $5 for another cup :blush:

Joannelet
11-21-2009, 07:52 AM
I am so happy that it is staying true to the books :)
I loved it too.
The women in the audience were even more hysterical. When Edward first came on the screen...there was ahhhhssss and then when Jacob took his shirt off there were gasps and cheers. It was hysterical.
I'm so happy I got to see it yesterday!!! :0)
Now I can't wait for June 2010! wooohooo!!!
For all of you that don't watch it Vamp Diaries on tv is a great show that all you Twihard fans will love as well :)
It keeps me from going through Edward withdrawal because the guy who plays Stefan is sooooo cute :)

RedSoxFan
11-21-2009, 08:48 AM
DD13 and I saw New Moon yesterday afternoon. It was very good and went by very quickly. Lots of giggles and awes from the girls in the audience.

joanna71985
11-21-2009, 10:38 PM
I loved the movie. I thought it was really good, and pretty close to the book. I can't wait to see it again

pixiesmimi
11-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Saw the movie last night and thought it was good although I wasn't ready for it to end. :( I think I just became a Jacob fan over Edward after last night :blush:

I was a little upset to see all the trailers for the other movies that had Rob Pattison (Patterson?) playing another character though. Kinda of ruined things when you are in the mindset of him being Edward and then you see him playing another character in another movie first.

Joannelet
11-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Saw the movie last night and thought it was good although I wasn't ready for it to end. :( I think I just became a Jacob fan over Edward after last night :blush:

I was a little upset to see all the trailers for the other movies that had Rob Pattison (Patterson?) playing another character though. Kinda of ruined things when you are in the mindset of him being Edward and then you see him playing another character in another movie first.

wow you definitely had different movie trailers because they didn't show any Rob movies when I saw it on Friday.

IloveDisney71
11-22-2009, 04:25 PM
The women in the audience were even more hysterical. When Edward first came on the screen...there was ahhhhssss and then when Jacob took his shirt off there were gasps and cheers. It was hysterical.

The same thing was happening in our theatre and my DD and I were cracking up. I loved the movie and was so happy that it was so close to the book. I can't wait to see the next one!

KylesMom
11-22-2009, 08:27 PM
DS and I went to the 4:15 showing this afternoon and we both really enjoyed it. This was my least-favorite book in the series, but I really enjoyed the movie - I, too, can't wait to see it again.

We were also pleasantly surprised regarding the behavior of the audience at the sold-out show. Screaming was non-existent and talking & cell phone usage were at a bare minimum. Very nice! I must admit, I was surprised at the number of couples (and groups of teen boys) at the show - not at all what I was expecting! :mickey:

pixiesmimi
11-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Yes, I went with my DH and daughter and her boyfriend. Her boyfriend had watched Twilight before going so he would know what it was about but DH isn't into these things although he went to Twilight with me. I had to keep checking to see if he was awake. :D He says it was a chick flick. :) I was kind of embarrassed that I was one of those who gasped when Jacob took off his shirt especially with DH sitting next to me. :blush: As far as teen boys in the audience, my teenage grandson was the one who got me to read the books and he couldn't wait for the movies. He went to the midnight showing. All of the kids at his school read the books including the boys. I was amazed at how many of my older friends have read them and were really into the movies. This story spans the total age gammit. Everyone loves it.

WDWfanatic742
11-23-2009, 07:16 PM
I went to go see this movie with a bunch of my friends on Saturday. I will say that me and my other guy friend got dragged along by the girls that wanted to see it :D, but it wasn't actually too bad to be honest. We went and saw Twilight last year with them so we kind of knew what was going on, and it was so much better than the first one.

There were plenty of oohs and ahhs by all the girls in the theater when the guys all had their shirts off throughout about half of the entire movie :funny:. It was fun though and the third one is supposed to be alot better too :thumbsup:

LauraleeH
11-23-2009, 10:16 PM
I've seen it 3 times, I'm a tad obsessed. I can't wait to see it again, I can't believe how much better it is than Twilight (And I saw Twilight 6 times in theaters). I laugh every time because there is always a few girls screaming when Jacob first takes his shirt off. I was never that kind of girl, but man...I'm right there with them on that. The movie is a lot funnier than I expected, too! "What a marshmallow" :D

pixiesmimi
11-24-2009, 09:59 AM
And of course, there was applause at the ending, which I figured these people had seen it and knew what was coming because it kind of surprised me that it was the end.