PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 3 (Coming to DVD/Blu Ray Nov 2!)

NotaGeek
05-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Disney has finally released a teaser trailer and announced an opening day for next summer ... I have a feeling this is gonna be AWESOME ... and all the stars are back!

Toy Story 3 Official Site (http://disney.go.com/toystory/)
Toy Story 3 Yahoo! Site (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809266566/info)

DizNee143
05-29-2009, 04:11 PM
i have still yet to see all of toy story 2..but what i have seen its good..
hopefully the 3rd one will continue in that..
i hope they dont go for a 4th, 5th...etc..
it needs to stop somewhere..
anyways..
whats this one gonna be about?

PirateLover
05-29-2009, 04:42 PM
I could not contain my total and utter joy while watching that teaser. I can't wait!

Turk82
05-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Wow! I LOVE Toy Story and Toy Story 2!!! I can't wait! Such awesome news!

Aggie97
05-29-2009, 06:01 PM
I can't wait! Thanks for posting! :mickey:

scottgr
05-29-2009, 07:38 PM
COOL :thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
05-29-2009, 07:46 PM
I love Toy Story. Can't wait to see it.

Kathy Jetson
05-29-2009, 11:55 PM
This will be the first Toy Story ds5 will see at a theater and we can't wait:)

senderella
05-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Went to see "UP" last night, which was great! Got a surprise during the previews, I must have missed this somewhere BUT Pixar is making Toy Story 3 in 3D. It is due in theaters june 18, 2010. I can't wait. I love Toy Story. Did everyone else know this already?

Strmchsr
05-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Yep. Saw the trailer a few days ago. It seems Pixar is doing all their movies in Disney 3D now.

Melanie
05-30-2009, 07:13 PM
:joy:

brownie
06-01-2009, 10:57 AM
I hope it's good; Toy Story 2 is one of the few sequels that I enjoy.

Mendelson
01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
....who thinks they're mailing in the plot?

One of the places where sequels fall down is when they just rehash old gags/jokes/storylines. From as far as I can tell from the trailer for TS3 it looks like we have: A. Andy getting rid of his toys (sounds familiar) and they get B. stuck in a fish-out-of-water environment (so does that) and C. golly gee...Buzz thinks he's a real space ranger-super hero (the most familiar of all). But wait...this time he speaks Spanish, so it's different.

Don't get me wrong - we'll go to see it and it will probably be pleasing and fun, but I'm guessing I'll leave slightly unsatisfied. Let's just hope it doesn't end up being flat out bad, like Shrek the Third.

PirateLover
01-10-2010, 06:28 PM
I think it looks entertaining. No matter what you were going to have some sort of plot rehash. Toy Story 2 had similar plot themes to the first one. I will wait to see it to judge.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
01-10-2010, 07:15 PM
I no longer question Pixar until after I've seen the film.

leapyear29
01-11-2010, 07:51 AM
it's been so long since they made one of these.. i remember back in 2003 someone told me they were working on toy story 3.. if that's the truth then they have been working on this for a long time!

NJDad
01-12-2010, 05:29 AM
it's been so long since they made one of these.. i remember back in 2003 someone told me they were working on toy story 3.. if that's the truth then they have been working on this for a long time!

For a while, Disney, not Pixar, was working on Toy Story 3. Disney had the rights to do so, but many think they were doing it knowing Pixar would want to do it as part of their negotiations about Pixar's status.

Once Pixar and Disney made their deal, Disney's version was abandoned.

Melanie
02-16-2010, 04:53 PM
New trailer available here (http://disney.go.com/toystory/?cmp=dmov_dpic_toy_emc_021610trailer_prim_imgvideo ).

I think it looks great, and seems to be a lot of adult humor. :D

NotaGeek
02-16-2010, 08:22 PM
OMG. That trailer looks AWESOME ... so awesome I had to get a new avatar! :thumbsup:

Melanie
02-16-2010, 09:12 PM
OMG. That trailer looks AWESOME ... so awesome I had to get a new avatar! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I love how he's like the old guy around the nursing home or something. Too funny! What's the character's name?

NotaGeek
02-16-2010, 10:43 PM
:thumbsup:

I love how he's like the old guy around the nursing home or something. Too funny! What's the character's name?
Lots-o-Huggin Bear! aka TOO Cute! If you have Facebook you can friend Pixar (http://www.facebook.com/disneypixar), they have lots of cool stuff about TS3.

Arielfan98
02-21-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm so excited! I can't wait to see it!!! :joy:

NotaGeek
06-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Mr Prickly Pants -- seriously? SO Cute. I am really excited to see the Toy Story 3 premier -- anyone else going to see it in IMAX the 1st weekend?

Captain_Nemo
06-17-2010, 06:56 PM
got my tickets for Toy Story 3 12:01am showing of TOY STORY 3 in IMAX 3-D! anyone else going out to see it tonight???? can't wait! check your local theaters, most of them should be running a 12:01am show. got mine for United Artist King Of Prussia,PA as they will be showing it in IMAX. :number1: :mickey:

plutosnana
06-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Coming 2morrow! My family has to wake up early to get tickets! This movie will sell out! I've been waiting for 2 years!! Not only do we get to see a good movie but we also get a good family get-together! :mickey:

PirateLover
06-17-2010, 08:28 PM
We are also going to a midnight IMAX show, in NJ. Can't wait!

PirateLover
06-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Saw it in IMAX 3-D. I thought it was fantastic. It gets pretty dark at points, but rest assured that it all ends perfectly. If your child can handle Sid from the first one, I think they should be ok with this one. I don't really want to give anything away but I just want to prepare parents-there is one point where things are looking really grim and the characters are resigned to their fate. I think some smaller ones may get upset. Lotso is one evil bear!

The short, Day and Night, was also really impressive.

MidnTPK
06-18-2010, 01:26 PM
I just got back from a 10:30 AM showing (2-D/regular screen). I liked it too. There were a few dark moments, but my 3 year old was fine with them.

I can't believe they're doing Lotso meet-n-greets.

LibertyTreeGal
06-18-2010, 05:49 PM
I am a big Toy Story fan -- we have every toy ever made practically and my sons' favorite toy has been Woody since they were two. We are also big Disney fans, Premium Season Passholders for DL and so I am generally not harsh on Disney and love everything Woody and Buzz related.

But both of my nine year old boys were sobbing and sorry they saw the movie (and these are not overly sensitive kids either) -- my husband and I were sorry we saw it. It was too dark for characters that I love and adore. I have been telling adults to see it before they take their kids.

Sorry to say this is a big four thumbs down for my family -- never thought I would see the day I was sorry to see a Pixar flick.....

PirateLover
06-18-2010, 06:36 PM
That is a shame that your kids were upset by it. I think that this movie may have been geared more towards the generation that grew up with the movie than to little ones. As an adult who was 10 when the first movie came out, I can appreciate it and say that I thought it was wonderful. However if I had a young child I might feel different. The first two movies definitely had their dark elements, but this one by far had the scariest scenes. I also don't understand why LOTSO is being heavily promoted- they gave him no redeeming qualities.

I still think that the funny moments outweigh the dark. My favorite part is probably when Mr. Potato Head became Mr. Tortilla Head. I was almost in tears because I was laughing so hard.

d_m_n_n
06-18-2010, 08:09 PM
We (DSs 12 and 8 and I) saw this earlier today. WOW...what a range of emotions!!! At one point we were laughing to the point of tears and the next minute we were (DS8 and I) literally in tears! :blush: I think part of it was realizing TS was coming to an end :( and this has been a huge part of my DSs' lives (I felt like Andy's mom watching her baby grow up)!!

In the end, especially after watching the credits, we all felt happy again and very glad we saw it. On the way home, a critic was on the radio and he gave it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. I think I agree with him!!!

Mr. Brass Bonanza
06-19-2010, 06:46 PM
First, I just want to point out that the teaser poster in the original post is bogus! If you have seen the movie you know why, and I personally think it's a shame...the reason that makes the poster bogus, that is.

We took our three-year-old twins and they loved it. This was the first time they were in a movie theater and it was awesome. They know the first two stories like the back of their hand, and perhaps if they were a little older they may understand the darker moments and have got upset. But they are very happy they saw it. It was definitely a successful adventure.

As far as the movie is concerned, it's by far my favorite. There are some things that happened I don't like, and some things that didn't happen that I wish did, but that comes with any movie. I'm going to see it again without the kids to be able to concentrate on it more.

I can't really say anymore without giving anything away. To say this movie covers the spectrum of emotions is an understatement, and the last 30 minutes was some of the best stuff I have ever seen in any movie.

DakotaDisney
06-19-2010, 10:17 PM
I am definitely going to see this movie, but is the extra money worth going to see it in 3D?

The 3D version isn't showing in my town, but it is showing in another town near by?

Is the 3D version worth the drive and the extra cost?

Thanks!

joanna71985
06-19-2010, 10:24 PM
I saw it today, and LOVED it!! I felt it was a great way to end the Toy Story series.

And for anyone who is wondering about it in 3-D, I saw it in 3-D, and it wasn't worth the extra money for me.

d_m_n_n
06-20-2010, 02:01 PM
And for anyone who is wondering about it in 3-D, I saw it in 3-D, and it wasn't worth the extra money for me.

I completely agree! There wasn't the jumping out at you moments...you could just see more detail. I plan on seeing it again this week when I have time and won't pay the $$$ for 3D! (And I only did the first time because it is a novelty for DSs!)

Mr. Brass Bonanza
06-20-2010, 05:24 PM
I doubt this will be the last Toy Story movie. I agree it would be an outstanding way to go out, but this movie made $41 million on the first day. Disney is a business and they are not going to ignore that over the integrity of a movie series. That's why there is going to be an Indiana Jones 5...although for that series, it had always intended to have five films.

tinka
06-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Just got home from seeing Toy Story 3...great movie and the 3D was great!

BellesRose
06-20-2010, 11:06 PM
I don't know if I loved the ending. For one, I was crying like a baby, it was extremely embarrassing. I was mostly crying because a few other adults were crying and I heard a child sobbing. It was very sad. However, up until that point, it was my favorite of the 3. I was laughing almost the whole time, it was hilarious. Overall, I'm still a little emotional and have mixed feelings about this movie, but I think I fell in love with it.

brownie
06-21-2010, 07:27 AM
A very good opening weekend; $109 million is the estimate. We couldn't work it into our schedule this past weekend, so we're going to see it this coming weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

Ian
06-21-2010, 08:33 AM
First, I just want to point out that the teaser poster in the original post is bogus! If you have seen the movie you know why, and I personally think it's a shame...the reason that makes the poster bogus, that is.I know why and I agree ... it's a shame!

Six big thumbs up from me, DS, and DD! We all loved it! It had a ton of really funny moments and yes, some darker, scarier moments, too. But I didn't feel like it was a "bad" dark and scary ... it was more scary like the old movie serials they used to do. "Will Buzz and Woody escape the blah blah blah blah blah ... tune in next week to find out!"

And it certainly wasn't any more emotional than TS2 ... if there's a single person who watches that "When Somebody Loved Me" segment with Jessie and comes away with a dry eye I'd suggest they may have had a soul-ectomy!

Anyway loved it and can't wait to see it again! We ponied up for the 3D the first time, but probably would pass on that the second time around. It was cool, but wasn't made very good use of in the context of the film so not really worth the extra dinero, IMO.

Jeff
06-21-2010, 11:58 AM
First, I just want to point out that the teaser poster in the original post is bogus! If you have seen the movie you know why, and I personally think it's a shame...the reason that makes the poster bogus, that is..

With no explanation either!!!!!!! I know a quick mention but where, when, why???????

Ms. Mode
06-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Ms. Mode (49 1/2) and her DD (20) went to see Toy Story 3 on Saturday...both of them cried!

On the way home DD stated she was going to pull all of her toys out of the attic and play with them. :thumbsup:

Loved this movie!

magicofdisney
06-21-2010, 01:08 PM
With no explanation either!!!!!!! I know a quick mention but where, when, why???????
The world may never know...

I went, I saw, I cried, I laughed. It was an excellent movie. My 4yo wants it on DVD right now so he can watch it to infinity and beyond. :thumbsup:

BellesRose
06-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Join the club! My mom and I cried too. Although I will admit, I was a bit dramatic because of some intense stress in my life.

clausjo
06-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one! It was a wonderful movie :thumbsup:

deedeebee
06-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Me too:( It was all to close to home with my DS15, and taller than I am and talking about college:cry: They really grow up so fast.

cajundisneyfreak
06-21-2010, 03:55 PM
:ditto: We all cried also.When we got home my boys 12 & 18 got Woody & Buzz out of the old toy box and played and reminisced with them.It was so cute!!!!!!!

luvDaMouse
06-21-2010, 04:50 PM
:( I am sure I will cry when I see it. My dd who is 18 just graduated high school last week, and will be heading off to college in the fall. Even though she will be going to our local university, it still is hard. She loved Toy Story, she had the Woody doll and I wrote her name on the bottom of his boot just like Andy did. Her name is Anna and it fit perfectly! I am sure to be balling, which is why I will wait till it comes out on video and can watch and cry :cry: in my own house and not in the middle of a theatre :blush:

BellesRose
06-21-2010, 05:54 PM
I am sure to be balling, which is why I will wait till it comes out on video and can watch and cry :cry: in my own house and not in the middle of a theatre :blush:
Wish I had thought of that!

I almost forgot...the Pixar short! I disliked it :( It was my least favorite so far. However, I FINALLY got to see a preview for the new Narnia movie! I'm totally excited for that! But I have a feeling this will be the last one and they won't do anymore :(

McLiberal8
06-21-2010, 06:05 PM
I almost forgot...the Pixar short! I disliked it It was my least favorite so far.

I was the opposite! I thought it was unbelievably moving, best one yet! The animation was amazing, but the message it conveyed, was the best part of the short, IMHO.

magicofdisney
06-21-2010, 06:10 PM
I almost forgot...the Pixar short! I disliked it :( It was my least favorite so far.
Agreed.

I wanted to mention I loved the beginning scenes. I was like, "Hey, I know this dialogue!" :thumbsup:

alphamommy
06-21-2010, 09:27 PM
DD10 and I went to see it today. It was good, but I'm not as enthusiastic as some of the other posters here.

I became very emotional in a couple spots, and was glad with how it ended, but it was a rough road getting there.

We'll likely buy it to complete the set, but I won't necessarily go out of my way to watch it again.

BTW, I think the 3D was a waste of money.

Altair
06-22-2010, 01:09 PM
It was good, but I'm not as enthusiastic as some of the other posters here.

I won't necessarily go out of my way to watch it again.

BTW, I think the 3D was a waste of money.

I agree with you 100%.
In regards to the short, we kept waiting for the real one to start.:confused:

tinkwest
06-23-2010, 02:50 PM

I kept looking in the background for clues. It really is a nagging mystery to me.

As for the movie on a whole, I liked it. Laughed and cried. Loved the ending. Will definitely purchase when available.

3D was unnecessary IMO. Although it fit in nicely with the title.

We need some Toy Story smilies.

Ian
06-23-2010, 03:08 PM
I kept looking in the background for clues. It really is a nagging mystery to me.Hmm wait ... maybe we're talking about two different things, then.

SPOILER:

I thought we were referring to the whereabouts of Bo Peep? :confused:

Melanie
06-23-2010, 10:36 PM
That's what I was thinking as well, Ian. Weird all around.

Loved the movie. The last scene was almost too much for me. :cry:

But yeah, wonder if the lines at the Lotso meet 'n greet have decreased since the movie opened? No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Loved the short. It made me laugh. Not the best one ever for me though...that goes to One Man Band.

Ian
06-24-2010, 09:26 AM
But yeah, wonder if the lines at the Lotso meet 'n greet have decreased since the movie opened? No redeeming qualities whatsoever.I know, right??? It seems very odd to me that they would choose to promote Lotso at all. He may possibly be one of the most vile villains they've ever created. Even my kids were like, "That bear stinks! :ack:"

Loved the short. It made me laugh. Not the best one ever for me though...that goes to One Man Band.I agree on all counts. I actually thought the short was really creative and poignant, not to mention artistically appealing.

But nothing will ever top One Man Band for me! :thumbsup:

2Epcot
06-24-2010, 09:59 PM
I saw the movie last night in 3D at a screening in Hollywood. I'm not a fan of 3D and probably would not have seen Toy Story 3 in 3D if I had to pay to see it. After seeing it my reasoning held again, the 3D added nothing to the film. I'm not saying it didn't look good, but certainly wasn't necessary.

As far as the film. I loved it! Pixar has once again did it again. Every Pixar film just seems to get better and better. As well as enjoying the story, I always love seeing the advances in animation with each Pixar film.

I'm glad Pixar did this and not Disney Animation, as what almost happened prior to Disney buying PIxar.

I had faith that Pixar would continue its stretch of great films, but they certainly exceeded my expectations. The film did have its dark moments, but I thought it fit the transition of the characters as they changed through these series of films.

I haven't decided if Toy Story 3 is my favorite of the Pixar films, but it certainly is up there in my top three. I will definitely pay to see it again ... in 2D.

I actually thought the short was really creative and poignant, not to mention artistically appealing.

I didn't get to see the short. They didn't show it at the screening last night, so another reason to see it again.

tinkwest
06-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Hmm wait ... maybe we're talking about two different things, then.

We are talking about the same thing.

SPOILER:
I thought maybe I'd see her on someone's desk at the Daycare or even in the background in Andy's sister's room. Perhaps an extra short with the release of DVD/Blu Ray will answer the question.

Ian
06-25-2010, 11:38 AM
We are talking about the same thing.
SPOILER:

Well I mean they tell you in the beginning of the movie that she was given away or sold at a yard sale or thrown out or something. It's not really a "mystery" why she's not in the film.

SurferStitch
06-25-2010, 11:11 PM
We went to see it opening weekend, and loved it. It was 4 adults, and every single one of us were sniffling at the end (2 men, 2 women). We saw it in 3D, and it was worth the extra couple bucks per person.

I think people have to stop associating 3D with things flying out at you all the time. In the past, sure, that's what 3D was all about. Anymore it's more of a fuller perspective of depth INTO the movie screen, not stuff flying out of it. It enhances the movie, but isn't exactly the big selling point anymore.

TS3 wasn't my favorite of the trilogy...part 2 was my favorite. Don't get me wrong...loved part 3, but it didn't quite live up to my expectations. Guess I was expecting too much. Way too many missing characters.

BrerGnat
06-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Just got back from this movie with my two boys (we went to the Sensory Friendly Screening at Downtown Disney Anaheim---thanks AMC!!!). This was the FIRST movie my boys have sat through! :clappy: They liked it!

No tears from any of us. Sorry guys, I just didn't understand all the "this movie is sad" reviews. :confused: I bawled like a baby at Up, so I'm not without a soul. ;) I just didn't think it was sad at all, quite the opposite, in fact.

Didn't like the short. But maybe that's because my kids expected to be watching Toy Story 3, and they kept saying "all done" during it. I was distracted.

I also didn't find it "dark". I thought it was fine. Not scary (and my kids are MAJOR wimps). They actually sat up and paid more attention during the "action" scenes, so go figure. And, while Lotso was not exactly likable, I can think of at least 10 worse Disney villains. At least you got a REASON for his character...most Disney villains are just evil for the sake of being evil.

LOVED Ken. So funny. And, loved Spanish Buzz as well.

Overall, I still like the original Toy Story the best. But, I do have to say, MANY times during this movie, I FORGOT I was watching an animated feature. So, great job Pixar! Really.

PirateLover
06-26-2010, 05:45 PM
I cried at the end because I just thought it was beautiful and touching, not because it was sad. :thumbsup:

Joannelet
06-26-2010, 06:26 PM
I thought it was a touching movie. I think they focused a little more on the people in the movie this time around and that made it more sentimental for everyone.
It's the concept of growing up that was touching.
I laughed so hard at the end with Ken's handwriting....I keep thinking about that and laughing. Very funny :)
Pixar/Disney did it again. Wonderful job! :)

faline
06-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Saw it today as well and liked it quite a lot. From the comments I had read, I was fearing it had really dark moments in it but thought it was fine. There were quite a few youngsters in the audience and I didn't see any who were upset by the movie.

brownie
06-27-2010, 02:30 PM
We finally saw it this morning and loved it. Great movie and well done. It's hard to believe that Pixar has managed to pull 2 sequels to Toy Story now!

It was sort of sad but not as sad it sounded.

In my dreams
06-27-2010, 04:58 PM
I teared up during the first one minute.;)
and I CRIED at the end.
My DD is 20 and my DS is 17-that has to be why! LOL!

Melanie
06-27-2010, 07:29 PM
I teared up during the first one minute.;)
and I CRIED at the end.
My DD is 20 and my DS is 17-that has to be why! LOL!

I think that was my issue too. My oldest son is 12. He was born in '98, in between the releases of the first two and he grew up with these movies. His room was decorated with Toy Story, his favorite characters were Toy Story, etc. He even went with me to see the TS 1 & 2 IMAX release back in the winter to gear up for TS 3. Then the other night, just as we were leaving for the theater, he decides he doesn't want to go. I didn't push it (and my 10 year old, MIL and I had a great time), but it definitely affected my mindset during that last scene. I know these next 5 years are going to fly by and he'll be heading off to college before I know it.

But......when the toys had all resigned themselves to their fate in the dump scene, I couldn't help but tear up. That was definitely sad.

Ian
06-28-2010, 04:20 PM
I cried at the end because I just thought it was beautiful and touching, not because it was sad. :thumbsup::ditto:

elmjimmlm
06-28-2010, 04:42 PM
We went to see it opening weekend at AMC at DtD and I was really impressed...I love the previous 2 and this was as good if not better...I cried like a baby at the end and was very teary when they were all holding hands in one certain part(trying not to give anything away)...Very dramatic...
I think what touched me so much was thinking about my kids, especially my oldest,that one of these days they will move out...It really made me think about the future and how I don't want them to leave me--ever...
I LOVED IT!!!

SurferStitch
06-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Did it bother anyone else that Andy's mom was completely clearing out his room before he left for college, or is it just me? I mean, I know Molly wanted it and all, but even so, it just seemed a little cold.

My mom left my room alone while I was in college. She kept the bed made and a lot of my stuff in it for when I would come home some weekends. For my parents, college didn't mean that the kids are now out of the house. We were just living somewhere else part of the year. When I moved home for 10 months after graduation it was still my room (my parents insisted it was ridiculous to pay rent for the 10 months before I got married, and I was more than happy to oblige!)

She didn't turn my bedroom into a guest room until I got married and moved my bedroom furniture to our new home. Then she didn't have a choice...I wiped the room out!!

Maybe I'm just sensitive about this, but I really felt bad for Andy!

DVC2004
06-29-2010, 12:14 AM
So we saw it opening day... and we all enjoyed it although I think we all agreed we like TS 2 the best. I did tear up and I'll tell you why: my oldest turned 13 this year and both of my boys are growing up. They are starting to move away from toys and such to video games and music and teenage stuff. As a mom it made me feel that sad sort of feeling of your babies growing up and leaving. It's part of life and yes it's a good thing of course- but there is always a little sadness that one part of your life is over. And LOL my husband is like Andy's MOm- always wantingt he kids to throw out thier toys. I saved all 6 of thier Buzz Lightyear's from the trash!

Joannelet
06-29-2010, 08:44 AM
I saved all 6 of thier Buzz Lightyear's from the trash!

Those Buzz Lightyear's will be forever grateful :mickey:

indytraveler
06-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Just saw it the other day. Rate this movie like any other movie not just a Pixar one. This covers a full range of emotions. We have "grown up" with these characters and with Andy going off to college some decisions have to be made. In the meantime there was laughter, crying, suspense, love, pretty much every emotion was touched on. That in itself makes for a great movie.

As for the 3D effects... not worth it.

badkitty
06-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Great movie! I laughed, I cried. Didn't see the 3D so not sure if I missed out though.

Does anyone else think that Ned Beatty's Lottso sounds a lot like Rex Allen (the lead in the original CoP)?

magicofdisney
06-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Did it bother anyone else that Andy's mom was completely clearing out his room before he left for college, or is it just me? I mean, I know Molly wanted it and all, but even so, it just seemed a little cold.

My mom left my room alone while I was in college. She kept the bed made and a lot of my stuff in it for when I would come home some weekends. For my parents, college didn't mean that the kids are now out of the house. We were just living somewhere else part of the year. When I moved home for 10 months after graduation it was still my room (my parents insisted it was ridiculous to pay rent for the 10 months before I got married, and I was more than happy to oblige!)

She didn't turn my bedroom into a guest room until I got married and moved my bedroom furniture to our new home. Then she didn't have a choice...I wiped the room out!!

I think that's just her nature. Remember what she did to Mr. Squeaky!

faline
06-30-2010, 06:32 PM

Good point! My daughter's room remained her room when she went to college. In fact, since she went to a college within commuting distance, she decided to move home in her second year and be a "commuter". She didn't vacate her room until she was 25.

Ian
06-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Does anyone else think that Ned Beatty's Lottso sounds a lot like Rex Allen (the lead in the original CoP)?I did!

RAIDER
07-03-2010, 02:38 AM
It was brilliant ,
far far superior to Sherk 4 .
Infact i am going to stick my neck out and say it was the best Toy Story of the lot :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
07-03-2010, 10:22 PM
My family went and saw it together and we all loved it! I don't know how Pixar continues to do it, but they just know how to tell a great story!
My two DD's are both in college. They shared a furnished apartment this year. Their rooms at home stayed the same except that I made them CLEAN them before they went off to college. :D But my youngest is moving home this next year and will commute. My oldest is moving into an unfurnished apartment this year so we just emptied her room a week ago. When we were packing up her stuff she said, "mom, how do you know what to keep?" I said, "You keep what means the most to you". The only thing left is a giant Winnie the Pooh, her toy box, some dolls, trophies, etc. Otherwise it's empty. Needless to say, at the end of the movie, she and I were CRYING!!! This movie really hit home for us. My DD's and Andy grew up together.

TheVBs
07-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Wow. Am I the only one who hated it? :confused: Dark moments are one thing - I could deal with the Sid scenes. But this was dark and depressing for the bulk of the movie. We were all kind of in shock. There were a couple of funny scenes, but they didn't do too much to alleviate how grim this movie was. I think they went too far, and we're not a sensitive group. The end was really beautiful and touching, but again, didn't lift my mood after the rest of it.

On the upside, really looking forward to Tangled! :thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
07-05-2010, 08:24 PM
DH, DS22, DS20, DS18 and DD14 and I all went to see Toy Story 3 this afternoon. We all just loved the movie and thought it was very funny. The boys grew up on Toy Story. I was the only one who cried at the end.

i'm grumpy
07-05-2010, 09:20 PM
I prefer to think of the M&Gs as Daisy's new Lotso. :D Loved MK as Ken. :thumbsup: I liked Bonnie's new toys but not sure why they chucked the others.

NotaGeek
07-06-2010, 01:42 AM
I absolutely LOVED Toy Story 3 -- I saw it in 3D and I really think it was a great addition -- i love that there wasn't any of the 3D trickery -- Disney/Pixar just used it to add to the feeling of the film.

I laughed, I cried ... and cried. During the last scene I really could have let out a whimper I was SO emotional! When Andy put Woody on his shoulders and ran around with him I almost lost it.

SO good. I can't wait to buy the inevitable 3 part CD Set on Blueray!

I also LOVED Night & Day -- I thought the message was awesome and the animation was brilliant -- albeit a bit preachy for a Disney short -- but the message was more than poignant.

diz_girl
07-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Wow. Am I the only one who hated it? :confused: Dark moments are one thing - I could deal with the Sid scenes. But this was dark and depressing for the bulk of the movie. We were all kind of in shock. There were a couple of funny scenes, but they didn't do too much to alleviate how grim this movie was. I think they went too far, and we're not a sensitive group. The end was really beautiful and touching, but again, didn't lift my mood after the rest of it.

I agree that the movie was too dark. While DS3 loves TS and TS2, a few scenes in TS3 really scared him. He was sitting on my lap during the movie and he was so scared at times that I could feel him shaking and at a couple of points he was crying, "Mommy!" That's not what I expect from a G rated movie. So I'm a bit peeved about that. After the movie was over, we asked DS if he liked the move and he said that he didn't like the scary parts. He didn't say that he liked it, just that he didn't like the scary parts. I'm not sure if I want to get the DVD when it comes out. Maybe I'll wait a couple of years until the movie won't scare him. Needless to say, we won't be going back to the theater.

Then there was Night & Day, which scared him BIG time. While it was interesting, most small children probably didn't understand it and it probably creeped them out. Don't get me started on the 20 minutes of trailers that scared him too. DS isn't a crybaby, but I shouldn't have to constantly worry about him getting scared over seeing a G rated movie.

While TS3 was good, it was too sad and I didn't like it very much. Having Andy grown up and many of the other toys gone made me feel sad when seeing those characters again when we watched TS and TS2 again this weekend. I expected it to be touching, but not so sad that I felt depressed when leaving the theater. My favorite new character was probably Mr. Pricklepants. Of course, I didn't like Lotso. But I did like the cameo of Sid as a garbage man. Yes, it will make tons of money, but I think that it missed the mark of being a classic like its two predecessors.

diz_girl
07-06-2010, 10:52 AM

I agree wholeheartedly about that. I noticed it too and thought, is she kicking him out or something? Is she going to get rid of the furniture too and make him sleep on a mat on the floor when he comes to visit? Except for that last bit at the end, it seemed like she couldn't wait to get rid of him. But some people are like that. No sentimentality whatsoever, which to me is cold.

Disneypixie513
07-08-2010, 09:37 PM
I've seen it twice and I absolutey love it. The first time I saw it with my family and my younger sister's friend, then the second time was with my best friend. It really hit home for my friend and I because we are heading to college in the fall.
I loved everything about the movie. I didn't see it in 3D either time though.
I bawled the whole last 5-ish minutes of the movie. My younger sister even teared up, and she is NOT one to cry or be emotional at all.
It was funny, touching, and just amazing. I can't wait to own it. :mickey:

i'm grumpy
07-10-2010, 11:28 AM
I wonder when the dvd might be out.

They don't have the same merchandise as the store. It's 100 miles from here. :pout:

SBETigg
07-10-2010, 12:19 PM

On the upside, really looking forward to Tangled! :thumbsup:

I didn't really find it all that dark. Really? Strange. There were so many light moments to change the mood that I didn't think it got bogged down or that the dark came across as too seriously dark. Maybe because I knew it was Disney/Pixar movie and the good guys were sure to prevail, or because my kids are older and say it first, so I wasn't worried about them.

I loved it. I didn't find it depressing, but rather sweet and poignant. I guess I'm kind of in that place now. My son just went to college last year, my daughter goes next year. I'm nostalgic for their childhoods, but I don't miss it to the point where I don't welcome what comes next. They grow up, but they do come back. I thought it was fantastic that the writers found a way to bring back the original Toy Story kids plus their parents, and appeal to a whole new set of kids and parents at the same time. What I have always loved about Disney is that they have villains and they don't shy from showing some of the dark in the world, but you can always count on the light coming back and a happy ending.

As an extra aside, I did find it a little odd that Andy's mom was so insistent on getting that room all cleared out. Isn't Andy coming back for summers? Or something? I think it just worked with the story line and we weren't supposed to read too much into it. They needed to strike with the finality of Andy being all grown up and letting go of the toys.

TheVBs
07-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I didn't really find it all that dark. Really? Strange.

Really! :( And strange was definitely the word for it when I found myself in the minority here. :mickey:

I will agree with you that there were some really classic, funny moments, as well as some very touching, emotional ones. Those were not lost on me. BUT - the whole toy POW day care, Lotso, big creepy baby, not to mention the close call at the end - were just a little over the top for us. Even my kids, who are 6 and almost 10, just had a blank look afterwards and said, "That was kind of a bad movie." with no input yet from us on what we thought of it, by the way.

The scene where Andy's mom is trying to get him to clean out his room didn't register with me, but that's likely because I'm not facing that reality yet. I can see where it would bug others.

plutosnana
07-13-2010, 05:20 PM
When will Toy Story three come out on DVD?
I heard that someone guessed on WIKI answer that it might come out on Christmas. But really Christmas?!
Is this tru!

:goofy:

Strmchsr
07-13-2010, 05:33 PM
TS3, along with Finding Nemo, are announced to be out November 9, 2010 in the new blu-ray/DVD combo packs.

plutosnana
07-14-2010, 02:14 PM
TS3, along with Finding Nemo, are announced to be out November 9, 2010 in the new blu-ray/DVD combo packs.
YES!
Thank u thank u thank u soo much!
I think we'll be at WDW at that time maybe I could buy it then.

:goofy:

IamBelle
07-14-2010, 06:15 PM
I thought TS3 was great! I loved the humor in it! I did find it odd that they got rid of bo peep and wheezy, however. I didnt even realize sid was a garbage man, now i have to go see it again!

i'm grumpy
07-17-2010, 10:07 PM
I figured Nov since that's when UP went on sale. Our theatre isn't the greatest and there's no 2-D option.

i'm grumpy
07-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Will there be a pack with TS 1 and 2?

NotaGeek
09-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Toy Story 3 will be released on Blu Ray/DVD on November 2 -- I wonder if they will release a 3-D version for home viewing?

BellesRose
09-10-2010, 11:09 AM
When I pre-ordered Beauty and the Beast at the Disney Store, I was told that they begin the Toy Story 3 pre-order the day you pick up B&tB (October 5th) and received a coupon. I can't wait!

KylesMom
11-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Bumping this up just 'cause I figured that a few of us didn't want to cry at the theaters & embarrass our kids - hence we're just seeing TS3 for the first time. Wow. Really. This one really hit home, as Kyle was truly a "Buzz" and Toy Story kid. It was on his 1st birthday cake, and every theme thereafter until Star Wars yanked his interest away.

DS knew - even though I rarely cry in front of him except for Disney moments - that I was gonna lose it. He just asked that I not cry too hard before it was over. :mickey: Borrowed the movie from a friend at work, and it certainly didn't disappoint.

In fact, after many years, DS wanted to fall asleep to watching TS1 in all its VH glory tonight. I pulled the picture of him & Buzz from his bookshelf & it's on the kitchen table for now. I think this one's going on both our Christmas lists. Now I'm curious to know if he's going to ask that I pull all of his Toy Story pals (including Zurg) out of storage for awhile! :D

BellesRose
11-16-2010, 01:58 AM
I bought the Blu-Ray but still haven't found a good enough reason to watch it yet. Maybe next time I need a good cry.

After reading their fan page on Facebook and finding out that girls and guys my age bawled like babies, I don't feel so bad for losing it in the theater. But still, I wish I had waited until I was in the privacy of my own home.

Darn it, I'm already tearing up just thinking about it!