PDA

View Full Version : Chris, weather ?? for you

BiloxiMom
05-29-2009, 12:59 PM
How hot is it going to be in early Oct.? I know... pull out the crystal ball, but, seriously, is it going to be super sweaty hot? I'm really nervous about this Oct. 3 week. I'm hoping for nice, not sweltering days.

PixieMagic
05-29-2009, 01:03 PM
It definitely will be hot...we are talking 75 at night and 85-95 during the day...still humid, but not nearly as bad as summer.....

Strmchsr
05-29-2009, 01:51 PM
If you had asked me earlier in the month I would have said to expect a pretty hot October. The recent rains will help the situation considerably. That should help keep the heat from getting out of control, especially if Orlando gets normal rains and a tropical storm at some point this summer. However, if it goes dry again during the summer then October will probably be hotter. No real way to tell. As you said, it's looking into the crystal ball. Check out the historic weather conditions in Info Central and you'll see what it's been like on your dates for the last 5 years. That will give a decent idea of what to expect.

cmsizzlin
05-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Well I can tell you that the first time we went to WDW was August 07 and it was hot so for our 08 trip we were told to try Oct because the weather would be much nicer so Oct 08 we hit the world - it was 90+ each day and humid just like in August.

Strmchsr
05-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Well I can tell you that the first time we went to WDW was August 07 and it was hot so for our 08 trip we were told to try Oct because the weather would be much nicer so Oct 08 we hit the world - it was 90+ each day and humid just like in August.

Actually, Orlando only hit 90 on 1 day in October 2008 (the 9th). Most days were upper 80s in the beginning to middle of the month, then low 80s and upper 70s at the end (check the historic weather conditions page in Info Central). Also, Orlando was in a drought last fall (and was through this month), hence the reason for the slightly higher than normal temps. "Normal" for October is 84.6. The actual average for Oct 08 was 82, but that was skewed by a flow of MUCH cooler air at the end of the month (there were 2 days with highs in the mid 60s at the end of the month and several days in the low to mid 70s). Also, believe it or not, the dew points (and MUCH better indication of moisture in the air than relative humidity) were actually much lower than normal for Orlando. So, while it might seem humid to someone not used to it, for those of us who live in the Deep South it actually felt like a "dry" heat.

tjstrike
05-30-2009, 03:03 AM
October is actually a very pleasant time to go to WDW, weather is warm but not too hot. Good swimming weather and the crowds are low. You can also catch MNSSHP which is a must !!

PixieMagic
05-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Oh! And the Food and Wine festival!!!!

BiloxiMom
05-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for everyone answering. We're booked for Oct. 3--9. We live in the South, but that doesn't mean I like to get outside and be in the heat. We're hoping, really hoping, for nice weather. I know it will be warm, but if it's so hot that all the kids want to do is go back to the pool, I'll never live it down with my husband. :blush:

DisneyFr33k
05-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Oh! And the Food and Wine festival!!!!

:ditto: :thumbsup:
We've always traveled in mid October to early November to catch the F&W festival :wine:

We remember some hot days, but more likely than not, there was a front that would move through that wouldn't knock down the temps much, but helped with the humidty considerably.

Last October, I remember cool mornings and warm afternoons. Definitely bring the sunscreen, but don't count on it being like August either.

MNNHFLTX
06-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Having lived in Florida for many years prior to moving to Texas (where the weather is very similar), there is a good chance that you will have some hot and humid days there in October. Where the change becomes evident though, is usually the evening temps, which tend to be much more moderate. So even if it's a bit of a sweltering day, you can usually catch a breather at night.

ilovemyjj31
06-14-2009, 01:00 AM
I live in FL here..and October is a comfy month..not too hot, can be warm, but you shouldn't sweat!! We have night about the mid to low 70's..it comfy to us..but ya want heat? come over now..lol!!

Gregandmel
06-14-2009, 08:54 AM
We were there last Oct 5 -12 and thought the weather was really good. As Chris said - the 9th of October (a Friday) was VERY hot!! However, my family is from the Midwest and I truly thought the temps were very comfortable. In fact, when we arrived on Sunday, we actually needed a light jacket that afternoon. Cloudy and a bit rainy. But I think you'll be very happy with the weather. Things can always change of course, but I wouldn't hesitate to book again that week in the future.

BiloxiMom
06-15-2009, 04:24 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The fact that it is a bazillion degrees today in MS makes me nervous about FL weather in general. Hopefully, it will be pleasantly warm, not a bazillion degrees. Thanks everyone for making me feel better!