PDA

View Full Version : 'Ohana - How good is it?

andypooh
05-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Will be going to WDW next year with DW, DS 4, DS 2 and my parents. I know this is a very popular restaurant. Is it a good choice for young children? How good is the food? Thanks.

Alligirl
05-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Well my kids are are considerably older ( 19 & 17) and the response I got about ADR's this year was
Mom -"Do you want to go to Ohana this trip?"
DD- "EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!!!!! ah...Do they have a lunch menu?!"
This is also the DD who interns at restaurants and is a certified KCBS judge. The other DD who is a finicky mess also LOVES the place.
For the little ones they have singing and cocnut races and such!
Fun times and great food!!!:thumbsup:

tjstrike
05-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Ohana is great for the ages of your kids, they have lots of activities and the food is great !!

disneydeb
05-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Save room for the bread pudding!

ransam
05-29-2009, 01:25 AM
there's a lady that kind of puts on a small show...she gets all the kids up and they do dances. and stuff...it's cool.

brownie
05-29-2009, 07:22 AM
We ate at Ohana for the first time on our last trip (which has been over 4 years now.) It has been added to our "eat at on every trip" list. The food was really good. We really enjoyed our experience there.

Dulcee
05-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Personally I wouldn't label the food amazing or great, its good. The draw to Ohana's for us has always been more the atmosphere.

However, for the kids in your group and the size of your party you can't go wrong with Ohana's. The food will keep everyone happy and the kids will be thrilled to enjoy a resturant where not only is it ok to be up and out of your seat, its expected.

azcavalier
05-29-2009, 08:57 AM
Yep, great for kids. THey teach you how to hula, give them all leis, and have coconut races, all during dinner. The food is served family style, meaning that they just bring it all. And there's so much of it, and so many different things, that pretty much everyone can find something they like.

For me, personally, the main course itself is my least favorite...the skewers of meat. They can be a little dry, and after all of the side dishes, they just seem kind of....overkill. But then, i'm also always trying to save room for dessert. Mmmmm......

2lilboys
05-29-2009, 09:33 AM
We LOVE the food at 'Ohana. We first went there on our honeymoon in 2000 and have returned again for dinner each trip.

On our last trip, we were with a large group of 14 people and everyone said 'Ohana was one of their favorite meals of the entire week.

sassy2000
05-29-2009, 09:39 AM
We love this place. The food was great and the kids enjoyed getting up to dance. My DS4 & DD2 are picky eaters so they were able to order off an optional kids menu even though my DD2 loved the noodles that are served with the main meal. Also, I don't usually like bread pudding but this one is delicious. :mickey:

Hull-onian
05-29-2009, 11:24 AM
We ate at Ohana, the activities for kids was great, food, nothing to rave about. It's okay. You won't leave there hungry.:D

joonyer
05-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Good food and lots of it, really cool atmosphere, (huge open fire grill) and great family fun. One of our favorite WDW experiences.