PDA

View Full Version : Carribean Beach Bus Stops

markyv
05-28-2009, 07:50 PM
I know this has probably been asked before, but we are staying at the CBR in Sept., and I was wanting to know the order that the bus makes it stops along the different areas of the resort. We would like to be on the first couple of stops to ensure seating to the parks. We will have two small children ages 18 months and 6 months. Any help is appreciated.

wdwdreamer
05-28-2009, 09:54 PM
We have stayed in Aruba the last two times and walked over to the Jamaca bus stop since it was typically first. I do think some of the busses go a different way for different destinations, but we have had good luck at the Jamacian bus stop.

Going again in June, can't wait and will be doing the same.

Night Tracker
05-28-2009, 10:42 PM
CBR is my favorite!
There are two entrances to CBR. The bus drivers choose wich entrance to use so they could either use the main entrance or the Victory Way entrance.

The first bus stops are Martinique or Jamaica.

Another thing, travelling with children that young, I don't think you'll have problems getting seats on the bus.
There are many people willing to give up thier seats so parents with small children can sit.

I prefer being close to OPR more than bus location. We use the refillable mugs and do a lot of walking to get them filled.

Don't know if you paid for preferred room, but if you did, I would recommend the following buildings. They are close to both OPR and the first bus stops.
Jamaica - Building 45, 46 or 44
Martinique - Building 26, 25 or 24

Note: if there is availability, they just might upgrade you for free if you request one of these buildings.

CleveRocks
05-29-2009, 06:41 AM
The Magic Kingdom bus and the Downtown Disney bus start at Martinique, and from there go clockwise to Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and finally Barbados before going to the final destination.

The Epcot bus, the Disney's Hollywood Studios bus, and the Animal Kingdom bus start at Jamaica, and from there go clockwise to Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad North and finally Trinidad South before going to the final destination.

So as you can see, there is no one village that always has the advantage of being the first or second stop.

You know you won't be in Trinidad South unless you reserved a Pirate room. You know you won't be in Trinidad North unless you reserved a preferred location room. That leaves you with 4 villages from which to choose to make a request (NOTE: half of Martinique is preferred location, but half is standard, so you are free to request the non-preferred location half of Martinique, which is buildings 21-22-23).

CleveRocks
05-29-2009, 06:44 AM
Don't know if you paid for preferred room, but if you did, I would recommend the following buildings. They are close to both OPR and the first bus stops.
Jamaica - Building 45, 46 or 44
Martinique - Building 26, 25 or 24

Jamaica is NOT a preferred location area.

You are correct on the Martinique buildings, but there are NO buildings in Jamaica that are preferred location. The other preferred location buildings are the three buildings that comprise the small village of Trinidad North (buildings 31-32-33).

joelkfla
05-29-2009, 11:35 AM
The Magic Kingdom bus and the Downtown Disney bus start at Martinique, and from there go clockwise to Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and finally Barbados before going to the final destination.

The Epcot bus, the Disney's Hollywood Studios bus, and the Animal Kingdom bus start at Jamaica, and from there go clockwise to Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad North and finally Trinidad South before going to the final destination.
This is generally correct, but in the mornings there are excptions: some buses may enter thru the opposite entrance, and some buses may serve only half the stops.

It's not driver's choice; it's just that there are a lot of route variations that the schedulers have to choose from in the morning.

markyv
05-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the advice. We are looking forward to our first trip with our two youngest DS.

Night Tracker
05-30-2009, 03:49 AM
Jamaica is NOT a preferred location area.

You are correct on the Martinique buildings, but there are NO buildings in Jamaica that are preferred location. The other preferred location buildings are the three buildings that comprise the small village of Trinidad North (buildings 31-32-33).

Yes, you're right ... I just lost my train of thought as I went from preferred locations to the first bus locations (too much caffeine without food.) I should just edit my last post, but that might be confusing.

Last time we were there, we stayed in Barbados21 and it seemed to take forever to walk to OPR with feet full of blisters, so I would really recommend something close to OPR.

Closest to first bus stops and OPR is the preferred Martinique - Building 26, 25 or 23. Otherwise I would recommend Jamaica - Building 45, 46 or 44. These three Jamaica buildings have a relatively short walk across the bridge to OPR.
This way you are close to both. Make sure to check out the resort map on this site to get a better idea of what I am talking about. Then use the new internet check-in and request your first and second choices before you leave for your trip.

It's not driver's choice; it's just that there are a lot of route variations that the schedulers have to choose from in the morning.

This is not what DW and I were told by the bus drivers. We were told that they take the most convenient entrance. So ya, maybe they are scheduled to use that entrance. But on the other hand they will sometimes divert to the other entrance during times of heavy traffic at the gates. One time we could see the main gate backed up and busses weren't able to get around the stopped traffic, maybe the gate was broken? I've also seen their GPS tell them to turn at one entrance but the turn into the other entrance instead.

joelkfla
05-31-2009, 10:06 AM
This is not what DW and I were told by the bus drivers. We were told that they take the most convenient entrance. So ya, maybe they are scheduled to use that entrance. But on the other hand they will sometimes divert to the other entrance during times of heavy traffic at the gates. One time we could see the main gate backed up and busses weren't able to get around the stopped traffic, maybe the gate was broken? I've also seen their GPS tell them to turn at one entrance but the turn into the other entrance instead.
Well, I'll put it this way ... we are supposed to follow the route. But you are right, some drivers (including me) will improvise if there is an unusual traffic situation. Or sometimes if I have a wheelchair on board a full bus, I'll try to work it out where the bus is empty when I get to the wheelchair guest's stop, so that I don't have to offload guests to make room to unload the wheelchair.

But normally, we have "approved" routes that come up on the computer, and we are supposed to follow them. One reason is that the automated spiels (i.e. station announcements) will not work if we are off route. Another is that altering the order of stops can create a gap in service at some stops. And big brother mouse is watching us.:paranoid:

The only time we officially get to make up our own routes is when we're mopping up a closed park, since we're only taking guests home and to multiple resorts.

nicster
05-31-2009, 12:12 PM
We were in building 46 and loved how close it was to the bus stop. In the past we had never been that close when we stayed at any other resort! The walk to OPR was not short though, so we took the internal bus when we needed to. Hope that helps.