PDA

View Full Version : Is Jiko worth 2 ts??

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Do you get an appetizer since you are using 2 ts? The menu looks really good I just don't know if it's worth giving up 2 ts. Anyone really really like it?

SBETigg
05-28-2009, 06:13 PM
You get an appetizer if you're on the deluxe plan, but not on the regular plan, even though it is 2 ts on both. It is worth it. We had amazing service. The flavors are a little more exotic, so it's probably not for you if you're a basic meat and potatoes type.

What happened with us is that we had an early lunch at Rose and Crown and a late dinner at Jiko. We had been looking forward to Jiko for the longest time, but as soon as we arrived, my stomach started turning. I tried to ignore it and enjoy the meal, but we were seated directly next to one other couple even though the restaurant was empty except for four other tables. So I discreetly went after our waiter (Ryan) and asked if we could have a more private, romantic table. No problem. He moved us immediately, very apologetic.

But then I took a turn for the worse. We'd already ordered. The first course was on the table. I couldn't even stay seated near the food. My husband alerted Ryan and he packed everything up for us to go, the whole meal, plus the manager came over to check on the situation and comped our wine. We'd ordered an $80 bottle and I couldn't drink it. They just took it off the check. So nice! Ryan even included real silverware in the bag of food so we could eat in style when I felt better. Big thumbs up to the service at Jiko. We had our food for lunch the next day and even reheated in the microwave at Gasparilla Grill, it was fantastic. I can't wait to go back when I'm feeling well. In fact, the manager invited us to come back and see them when I was feeling better, and that made me feel so warm and welcomed at Jiko. We had the braised short ribs and the filet with mac n cheese for entrees, delicious.

Figment78
05-28-2009, 08:13 PM
I truly love this restaurant! We had an exceptional experience there, despite the slight rudeness of the guests seated at the table next to us (nothing a glass or two of wine didn't cure!) We also had the braised short ribs and the filet/mac & cheese. Both were exceptional but I REALLY REALLY loved those short ribs (and I don't, as a rule, like ribs). Excellent wine, food, service, atmosphere. Definitely worth my 2TS! :)

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-28-2009, 08:27 PM
thanks for the replys!! Def sounds worth it! We do love trying new flavorful foods! Sounds like great service too!!

OogieBoogieMan
05-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Yes, it is well worth 2 table credits.

DizneyRox
05-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Great food and service, however not worth 2 TS credits. In fact, none of the 2TS locations are worth the 2 credits. You would be best paying OOP.

Figment78
05-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Great food and service, however not worth 2 TS credits. In fact, none of the 2TS locations are worth the 2 credits. You would be best paying OOP.

Actually, even though I endorsed the choice of Jiko, I agree with DisneyRox. I personally prefer to pay OOP for any dining, especially because we tend to want an appetizer instead of dessert and at a signature place, we usually order wine or other alcoholic beverage. So I always end up feeling like I didn't save that much money with the plan. So in our case, signature is usually not worth 2 TS credits to us either, nor are the non-signature places worth 1TS. I much prefer the Tables in Wonderland card (former disney dining experience) especially because we often have AP's in order to get room discounts. But that's just my opinion and our dining style.

estein80
05-30-2009, 11:57 AM
DH and I absolutely loved Jiko and can't wait to go back. We also pay for dining OOP using Tables in Wonderland. It allows us to get what we want, which for me is normally 2 appetizers instead of an entree.

Loved Jiko!

Tinkerbellfan
05-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Hello,

I love Jikos. I think it is one of the best restaurants at WDW. But, value wise, you would get a better "deal" using 2 credits at California Grill or Narcoossees. I have found Jikos to be one of the more affordable signature restaurants at Disney World.