PDA

View Full Version : When would you go?

Giselle
05-27-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm planning a trip for either Sept, Oct, or Nov. What days would you pick based on weather, crowds, events or other factors? Thanks

dreamfinder55
05-27-2009, 04:44 PM
I would go at the beginning of November. The weather is cooler and the crowds I don't think would be too bad.

wire0monkey
05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Do you like Halloween or Christmas better?

The weather is better in October and November, but October has a Halloween hard-ticket party and November has the Christmas events. Really only MK gets in on the Halloween thing, but all of the parks get in on the Christmas thing. The first date for the Xmas party at MK is 11/10 this year.

Unless you really like the water parks... the weather for the water parks is better in late September-early October.

brownie
05-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Just after Thanksgiving is a good time to go. We've had good luck going in September, too.

dizneefan67
05-27-2009, 06:36 PM
According to sites, the BEST time to go is Jan & Sept, beginning of Oct to Thanksgiving, and then the week before Christmas.
But my personal BEST time to visit is Nov 13th thru Nov or so, or Dec 1st thru Dec 20th. I like the Christmas time at WDW. The decorations and daily happenings are just wonderful. Epcot Especially, is home to the Candlelight Procession. Yes, its just the Christmas story read by a famous actor reader and a choir to sing some songs, but the sense of being in such a magical place like Disney World and hear the BEST story ever told is remarkable! And its superbly done in Disney style!
I guess it depends on what you are INTO, but like I said I am partial to Nov/Dec for Christmas time!

Hope this helps, Have a wonderful time!

Will:mickey:

GoofyforFun
05-27-2009, 09:22 PM
We have done the week before Thanksgiving or the first week of Oct typically. Nov. can get a little cooler for some. The crowds seemed to have been the same for those weeks ( Good not overly crowded). We didn't go for the events just good crowd times. Although OCt has the F&W in Epcot.
If you go in Nov you get some of the Christmas Decor to see bit not much pool time.

spoiledraf
05-27-2009, 10:02 PM
late Sept / early Oct. Still warm enough to swim ans the crowds are way down. And very little rain from my experience. Unfortunately we are locked into June this year. 12 days and counting! Hope it drys up for seven days. :cool:

JerseyDad
05-29-2009, 03:01 PM
....since 2004 we've been to WDW each last week Oct / first week of Nov. Since we're from Jersey...it's "Jersey Week" at WDW (all the schools closed here for some teachers conventions + election day)....it's the best available time to go for us.

As an over-all observation...the weather is great (we went Spring Break of 2004 also and it was too hot and too crowded)...and in the 5 years we were there...it rained once...for 15 minutes one evening. The average temp's. we experienced were between 75 and 85 degrees during the day......and 60 and 70 degrees at night.....making swimming at either time completely enjoyable (there was ONE 50 degree night...and that "allowed" me to buy my favorite Grumpy sweat-jacket ;)) .

The past two years there was an impressive amount of Christmas decorations up....but...my personal biggest plus for that time of year is that we can still catch the last week or so of the Food & Wine festival at Epcot. :beer:

The crowds are 1/3rd of the Spring Break time....and since we drive from Jersey to Orlando...there's no "travel crunch" traffic.

Lakin
05-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Beginning of November - Ahead of Thanksgiving crows and Christmas crowds, Christmas decorations up, not horribly crowded, weather not as hot as summer.

OR

If you are a MNSSHP person, go in late October. :]