PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP: To go or not to go?

Basket Mommy
05-27-2009, 01:44 PM
We just booked our October vacation yesterday (Oct 28-Nov 2). The dates available for MNSSHP are the 29th, 31st and 1st.

(1) Is it worth it? We've been to MVMCP. What's different about MNSSHP (besides the 2 different holidays/decorations, etc.) We're DVC members, so I think we'd get discounts... just wondering if we should even go. We have 4 kids (11, 8, 6 & 4).

(2) Does anyone know if there are even tickets left for those dates? I hate to waste a phone call if they're all gone anyway.

Thanks!
Beth

Momof2boys
05-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Definately go ! We love MNSSHP (our boys are 11 & 8) and have gone every year since 05 - sometimes twice !

There are trick or treating stations set up, a great chance to see 'rare' characters, a couple of dance parties, and of course Hallowishes fireworks display.

Add to all that the lines for rides are really small - even on sold out nights (like the 31st usually is) the ride times are not bad, or the crowds.

Disnamic Duo
05-27-2009, 02:49 PM
I agree...you should go. We've been to MVMCP, MNSSHP & P&PP. We think the MNSSHP was easily the best of them all. They do a really good job of getting a little creepy, but not scary. The parade and firworks are terrific!

joonyer
05-27-2009, 03:00 PM
MNSSHP is GREAT! definitely worth it. It's probably my family's favorite WDW experience.
Hallowishes is fabulous and the parade is good, too. No to mention all the trick or treat candy; the kids will love it I guarantee. This early in the year you should have no problem getting tickets. you can order them by phone or online at Disney's web site.

Checkers
05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Definately go ! We love MNSSHP (our boys are 11 & 8) and have gone every year since 05 - sometimes twice !

There are trick or treating stations set up, a great chance to see 'rare' characters, a couple of dance parties, and of course Hallowishes fireworks display.

Add to all that the lines for rides are really small - even on sold out nights (like the 31st usually is) the ride times are not bad, or the crowds.

Also, the parade imho is one of the best that Disney has ever done!:mickey:

wildernesslady
05-27-2009, 08:02 PM
We prefer the MNNSHP. I would definitely go. Be sure to have costumes for the kids. Most dress up. I don't think your dates are eligible for a DVC discount. You will get an advance purchase price if you buy them from home. We will be there Oct. 11 - 14 just my husband and I and think we are going without the kids. It is the best parade.

biodtl
05-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Definitely worth it. We've gone the past 2 trips and fully intend to go again next time.

wdwnomad
05-27-2009, 10:38 PM
The Halloween is a must do in my family. For me it is the thing I always look forward to the most.

The trick-or-treating is great. You get alot of candy. The parade and fireworks are fabulous. The park is all decked out down to Mickey Head Jack-0-Laterns that flicker.

russk42
05-28-2009, 08:14 AM
I believe that it's worth the trouble and the $$, for the parade at least. If you get a good spot near Liberty Square, you can enjoy the headless horseman.

Ive been twice: 2007 (Oct 1 or 2?) and 2003 (mid october). It was MUCH more crowded in '07 than in '03---crowds in fantasyland rivaled the crowds i experienced during spring break. Perhaps this was an unusual date, but they may be selling more tickets than in the past. Don't expect an empty park.

We've bought our tickets online, perhaps you don't need to call.

SFD998
05-28-2009, 09:03 AM
We will be there OCT 21-26 (BLT :thumbsup:) and will be going to our first MNSSHP. We have been to MVMCP twice and are looking forward to this event. We too are DVC members and there were very few dates that were offering any kind of discount. I'm almost positive that the dates you mentioned are definitely not discount dates and in fact I think they cost more. We did get the advanced purchase discount though. Couldn't tell you if they are sold out because we bought ours the first day they went on sale, but I would be amazed if they were.

Hull-onian
05-28-2009, 05:52 PM
It was a lot of fun. We loved the parade and show it was great. The costumes were fantastic. People (like us) not CM were as good as CM's. We enjoyed it. For the daytime, we went to AK for a half day, then rested, then over to MK. It worked out great.:thumbsup:

badkitty
05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Love. love, love my visits to MNSSHP! The parade is fabulous and I am amazed at all the wonderful costumes that guests come up with. If I was at WDW when this event was offered, I wouldn't miss it!! :thumbsup:

Basket Mommy
05-31-2009, 10:57 PM
Well, I bought tickets for the 29th. We can't wait to go to our first MNSSHP! Thanks for all of your comments.

WDWCrazyKaren
06-02-2009, 02:07 PM
My 2 dd's and I went to MNSSHP on October 31 a few years ago. It was utterly fantastic. Those kids were over the moon that they got to go trick-or-treating on Halloween night at Disney World. All of thier friends at home were slogging through the snow/sleet with their sad little pillowcases whilst they frolicked at Disney World. DO IT! :cool:

mudpuppysmom
06-02-2009, 02:13 PM
We've been to MNSSHP, MVMCP and P&PP as one other poster also mentioned.

I can say that out of the three we enjoyed MNSSHP the best! Maybe it was the six pounds of candy and seeing the headless horseman and the Hallowishes fireworks.....vs the cookies and hot chocolate vs the "gems" you get at the P&PP......the things that you cannot do during regular hours at MK are something we go for -- the short lines are just gravy.

We're going in October (14-20) and I'm mulling over if we should go again simply due to the cost, but I'm leaning toward going.