PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust?

wizardmickey
05-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Prior to leaving for my quick trip to California, I had seen an allergist who discovered the list of things I was allergic to was suprisingly lengthy (specifically they wanted to know how did I function daily when I should be balled up and sick?) Numerous blood tests and breathing tests and chest X-Rays later and there seems to be an underlying problem in that my IgG's (which subclass I'm not sure as they drew more blood yesterday for further comprehensive tests) are low, and even after recieving a Pneumonia Vaccine (which 90% of the time brings those levels back up) and being retested, my levels still came back low.
I'm being told 1 of 2 possible things; I either have some sort of chronic infection (in which case we need to find out where and why) or an autoimmunity deficiency.
What's caused all of this? That's what even MORE testing over the next few weeks hopes to reveal - but in my limited research I've found it could be linked to any number of things, including joint, muscle and tissue diseases (such as RA or other forms of degenrative arthritis).

The finding of a decreased level of one of the IgG subclasses can never provide a definite diagnosis, but should rather be considered as an indication of a disturbance of the immune system, requiring further diagnostic investigation.

Low levels of IgG occur in macroglobulinemia. In this disease, the high levels of IgM antibodies stop the growth of cells that make IgG. Other conditions that can cause low levels of IgG include some types of leukemia and a type of kidney damage (nephrotic syndrome). In rare cases, some people are born with a lack of IgG antibodies. These people are more likely to develop infections.
There was a lot of other less pleasant info I clicked on and almost immediately clicked off of after reading the symptoms and treatement options... So for now I'm done researching and am just gonna let the doctors do what they gotta do!
Cross your toes folks, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by some of this.

JPL
05-27-2009, 11:24 AM
:pixie: :pixie: on the way from NJ!

Hope everything works out for the best. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

gauvin4
05-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: coming your way. I hope they can get to the bottom of this soon.

TinkRocks
05-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Lots of :pixie: from Florida...

Everything's crossed for ya, Ice!

Hugeroonies are on their way.

trackbarroness
05-28-2009, 10:45 AM
More pixie dust on the way from Florida :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: hope all will turn out to be no more then allergies.

wizardmickey
05-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Whatever this is DEFINITELY affects my allergies!!!!!!
Been home sick a few days; sinusy and asthmatic with a sore throat - better today and hope to be back on my feet (or at least passable) for the weekend shows.
Next round of tests start Monday.

Patricia
05-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Sending feel better vibes!

It has been my experience that if you try the "Google diagnostic test" it may always be cancer. There are very few symptoms that won't lead back to that. Got a sore toe? Could be cancer.

Best to wait for the Docs to finish testing. :thumbsup:

Tink - Hugeroonie is my new favorite word. I will drive all the kids crazy next week..."come and give me a hugeroonie"

TinkRocks
05-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Tink - Hugeroonie is my new favorite word. I will drive all the kids crazy next week..."come and give me a hugeroonie"

I can't take credit for the word - the credit goes to Ice...

When we're saying goodbye in SW, it's hugeroonies or hugaritas!

:grouphug:

Marla
06-01-2009, 02:16 PM
I'd send pixie dust your way Ice, but I'm afraid you could be allergic to it. But seriously, I truly hope you feel better soon.:tink:

wizardmickey
06-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Guilty as charged I guess for starting the "hugaroonies" and "hugaritas" (which is a contraction of a hug and a margaritta!) I know there were other variations I'd seen other people use before and naturally Ice just hadda put his own spin on it!
Google med search can be doomy and gloomy, and it did seem at least 1/3rd of searches led to cancer, so I usually check WebMD 1st 'cuz I tend to find it a wee bit more reliable.
Monday's tests are done and I know they still want to order one more before my follow up - won't actually get results until the 25th. The nurse practioner called while driving home wanting to know; did I get my pneumonia vaccine they ordered? Yes. Did I wait 3 weeks for the follow-up blood test? Yes. Had I gone for my new blood test? Yes. Apparently, she just couldn't believe the numbers were still so low after the vaccine and wanted to be sure she wasn't looking at the 1st test results! Gotta love these people!

wizardmickey
06-04-2009, 11:34 AM
CT on Monday apparently showed no infection but deviation to right sinus and spurs, do Friday to an ENT to consult (likely remedy is a some minor surgery.)
Next week is sleep study (ok, how creepy is that gonna be knowing someones watching me sleep?)
No new changes to last bloodtest except "response is very sluggish".... Yeah?

trackbarroness
06-04-2009, 02:26 PM
CT on Monday apparently showed no infection but deviation to right sinus and spurs, do Friday to an ENT to consult (likely remedy is a some minor surgery.)
Next week is sleep study (ok, how creepy is that gonna be knowing someones watching me sleep?)
No new changes to last bloodtest except "response is very sluggish".... Yeah?

sounds like your going to have fun trying to sleep during the test.
hugs all around

Marla
06-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Well Ice Man just think of us, and the new Wah Wah voices we have that to me sound like Charlie Brown, and you will be a sleep in no time. :blush::tink:

JPL
06-04-2009, 09:43 PM

How do you know we already don't watch you when you are sleeping :thedolls:

TinkRocks
06-05-2009, 05:38 AM

:whistle: I always feel like somebody's watching me! :sheep:

Sorry - had a flashback to that Rockwell / Michael Jackson song and had to sing...

:sleepin: Good luck with the sleep study...

wizardmickey
06-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Oooookay - I am now officially creeped out imagining Figgie watching me sleep - brrrrrrrr!

ENT today looked over the CT results and basically wanted to know same thing Allergist did; how do I even breathe? Apparently BOTH sides if sinuses are defective (yeah yeah, I'm "defective"!) Spurs were pretty bad and I had 2X's more gunk lining it all than is normal.
Surgery has been set for the 26th.

Patricia
06-07-2009, 10:54 AM
That's great they can fix the problem. Your going to feel so much better. :)

Chescat
06-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Sorry I haven't been around much, had people in town and not reading the boards that much.

Sending pixie dust your way and hope you feel better.

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

janebanks
06-09-2009, 07:55 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: