PDA

View Full Version : DDP Reviews May 5-13

WIMickeymommy
05-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Sorry for the delay in these reviews, but we had some GREAT experiences I wanted to share.

Day 1: Chef Mickeys Breakfast-great time as usual. A little too much craziness for my DS2, but had a blast. Buffet was good. Always love the Mickey waffles.

Day 2: Hollywood N Vine Playhouse Disney Breakfast- What a blast!! My DS2 is a big fan of the Little Einsteins. Had a late ressie. Great buffet, great Character interaction. Saw characters at least twice.

Coral Reef Dinner- Great seating. Was willing to wait for lower level booth. Very dissapointed in the food and portions. If we weren't on the DDP we would have never paid the prices. I had the Mahi. I would say jusy okay. My DH had the special. Said it was good, but not a big portion. Our server was not very good either. Being a server myself, my expectations are not high, but there are some things I expect to come naturally. He wasn't friendly with our table and seemed to be anywhere but with us. He did not have a lot of tables, so there was not reason for medocre service. Don't think we will dine here again. Too many other places to try.

Day 3: Epcots Garden Grill dinner- Again, had a late ressie (6:30). Best DDP character meal over all. We had Mickey, Pluto and Chip & Dale. Chip and Dale were the best. All came by our table at least 3 times if not more. Played with our boys (DS 2, DS 6) each visit. My DS 2 loved it!! DS 6 loved how the restaurant turned. Food was fantastic. We loved the family style servings. Kept our DS's in their chairs. Catfish was my favorite along with the veggies.!! Loved how much of the food came from their garden. Highly recommend. We will do this for our next visit.

Day 4: Fulton's Crab dinner - Not on our DDP, but needed a break. Expensive, but food was to die for. We had a seafood platter for two. King Crab claw meat melted in your mouth. Great atmosphere too. Kids loved eating on the boat. Worth the price. Great service too. Server was one who recommended the platter to save us a little money.

Day 5 - Crystal Palace breakfast- Never a let down for this character meal. Had a 10:30ressie. Pooh Characters came to our table non-stop. Great interaction. Got some of my favorite pics with Tigger and my DS2. Were told it would take 1 hour for the characters to all get around. Hardly made it to the buffets without one or two coming over. It was great. Loved the french toast!!

Rose N Crown dinner - Got our ressie for 7:30 with hope of getting on deck. Got it!! We were celebrating my DH graduation from Masters program. Our server was great. Very talkative, helpful and cheery overall. I had the fish and chips, DH had lamb. Both were very tastie. We all enjoyed our food and stayed after for the Illuminations. DS's were mesmorized. We would eat here again next visit. Great experience and food. Beer was not too bad ;)

Day 6: T-Rex dinner - Not on our DDP, but wanted to try for our DS6. Met family friends for dinner. Had a party of 9. Great food. Had a burger, DH pasta. Very tasty. Atmosphere was amazing. All kids were in awe. Only fault we could find with this experience was the server. Did a good job even though he was seated 2 big tables at same time. He just failed to tell us that gratuity was added when our bills came out. Almost got 40% tip off of us. Caught it at the last minute. Then it took 20+ minutes to get our tips removed from the bill. Uncalled for in my mind.

Day 7: Tusker House breakfast- Same buffet. Towards the end of the week, we were getting tired of buffets. Character interaction was okay, but when time to change over to lunch came, characters left. Other experiences, the characters stayed out for us. Was a little dissapointed with that. We were seated 30 minutes past our ressie, and lost out on character interaction because of that. Don't know if we would do again.

Overall, we were glad we did the DDP again. It enabled us to a lot of meals we wouldn't have done with out it. We had some good experiences and some not so good ones. I would recommend making later ressies, but not the last ones. Especially for breakfast. Hope these reviews help.

2lilboys
05-27-2009, 10:59 AM
We also had a 10:30 ADR for Crystal Palace and thought the character interaction at that time was fantastic. We saw Pooh and Piglet 2x (Eeyore and Tigger only once) and they spent plenty of time with us.

I may want to try Garden Grill on our next trip so I am glad to hear it was good. I think my twins will enjoy seeing Chip and Dale. I was at GG many years ago and liked it, but have not been since they changed the menu.

Thanks for the review. :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Glad to hear you had (generally) great meals.

We LOVE Rose & Crown and Garden Grill, they have consistently been excellent meals for our family, glad you liked them too :thumbsup:

TheVBs
05-27-2009, 05:05 PM
You've really made me want to try a breakfast at Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace. :mickey: Thanks for the reviews!

tinksmom02
05-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Day 6: T-Rex dinner - Only fault we could find with this experience was the server. Did a good job even though he was seated 2 big tables at same time. He just failed to tell us that gratuity was added when our bills came out. Almost got 40% tip off of us. Caught it at the last minute. Then it took 20+ minutes to get our tips removed from the bill. Uncalled for in my mind.
Glad to hear you enjoyed T-Rex, and thanks for the heads-up on the automatic gratuity! We'll be a party of 9 in September; now I know to watch out for an added tip!

Day 7: Tusker House breakfast- Same buffet. Towards the end of the week, we were getting tired of buffets. Character interaction was okay, but when time to change over to lunch came, characters left. Other experiences, the characters stayed out for us. Was a little dissapointed with that. We were seated 30 minutes past our ressie, and lost out on character interaction because of that. Don't know if we would do again.

This is very disappointing...I think I would've raised a stink about it, especially if it was your seating delay was Tusker house's fault.