Cast of characters for WL 5/9-5/17:
Me-37
DH-43
Grandma
DD7
DS4
DS1

Thursday May 14- Disney's Hollywood Studios

We were up early again with a muffin in the room headed to our final new park of the trip, DHS!!! We once again arrived shortly after 8am at the bus stop and caught a bus out quickly. This bus took quite awhile to get there, making several stops first... the camprground and GF! We arrived in plenty of time and got in line, and watched them film a couple of AI auditions... including one gal who was just excellent who was chosen! We were then let in and down the street for the opening show. It was pretty cute we thought. When they dropped the ropes, DD and I followed the masses to TSM where it was our job to collect FPs. With just two of us we were able to walk quickly and arrived at the FP machines with only 3 or 4 others in front of us in our line. By the time we had our FPs and were walking back, the FP line was unbelievable, halfway down the street! It seemed longer than the standby line, I have never seen anything like this!!!

After accomplishing this mission, we met up with the rest of the group and headed in to ride The Great Movie Ride. I have always enjoyed this ride, and my family did as well. Next we made our way over to Star Tours. Grandma and I rode with the older two kids while DH got a baby swap and then when we were off he went with the kids again. They really enjoyed the ride! After Star Tours, our main mission of the week for DS4 was to meet the power rangers. he had been talking of nothing much else for many many weeks after hearing they were at DHS. So we arrived 10 min before they were to arrive and a wonderful CM told us exactly where each line would be. We got first in line for the blue ranger, and then were able to see the pink ranger as well. They only stay out for 15 min so be forwarned if you want to meet some, to get there early! The kids really enjoyed this and we got some great pictures with the kids posed in cute positions. Ds was in heaven! next we did the Honey I shrunk the Kids playground and almost had to drag the kids out of there 20 min later!!!! Fun... but busy!!!!

After we pried the kids away, we went over and hoped in the FP line for TSM. The standby was 50 min at this point, so not like the two or three hour lines I had read about, but still a wait. We were able to get on quickly. This is a fun ride! We all really enjoyed it, even the baby. He didnt keep the glasses on, but sat on the seat and loved the ride and images. I had to keep a good hold on him though when we spun corners though! We grabbed FPs for later and made our way to the Beauty and the Beast show, arriving just before it started. DS1 prompty fell asleep, but everyone else enjoyed yet another very well done production.

Following the show, we had a half hour until lunch but were ready to head down so we checked in and were seated early at Sci Fi Diner. I know this place gets mixed reviews and I went back and forth on whether or not to try it vs 50's PT and ended up choosing this. It was one of our favorites!!!! The setting is really neat with the little cars and the movie screen. All six of us fit in one car. DS1 sat on the seat in a booster and thought it was great fun. We had an excellent server. We all ordered burgers and fries and they were fantastic! For dessert everyone ordered something different, from sundaes for the kids, to the cheesecake for me (yum!), choc PB cake for grandma and hot fudge sundae for DH. Even though we were SO full, we had to eat it of course!!!!

After lunch we stopped briefly in the big store at DHS and bought a few gifts and some postcards. We then headed back to the resort for nap and pool time. We all hit the pool and then everyone quickly fell asleep... in fact, DS4 was SO tired at this point he did NOT want to get up when it was time. We tried helping him up and made it out the door and down towards the bus and he was very crabby and fussy and we decided he needed sleep more than he needed to go right now, so DH took him back to the room where he promptly slept another 90 min!! Grandma, DD, DS1 and I all made our way to DHS. This was the one bus we had issues with all week, it took almost 40 min before a bus finally came after seeing many buses for all the other parks. After making the rounds we finally arrived at DHS later than I had hoped. First up was to see the Playhouse Disney show. This was DS1's absolute most favorite thing of the entire trip. The boys watch playhouse disney some at home, and for some reason he likes Handy Manny these days. He danced and clapped and laughed and caught the bubbles and just had the time of his life! It was so much fun to watch. When we came out of the show it was just pouring down rain. Our stroller was now soaked as we had forgotten the cover at the hotel. We ran over to Little Mermaid and saw the next show of this. We hurried down to TSM and used our FPs for another great ride. Then we were going to see the animation show but didnt think we had enough time before planning to meet up with the boys, so we went in the back way through the gift shop to see if any characters were around. There were tons of characters!!! We managed to meet Pochantas, Meeko, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum before needing to head out. All the characters were great with our little one, especially the tweedles! So funny!!!

Dh and DS had arrived as we wrapped up here and we met down at Rosie's near fantasmic for a bite to eat. It was pouring at this point. We werent sure what to do. This was the only night left of our trip that they were supposed to be showing fantasmic and we really wanted to see it. We didnt think the kids could make it for the 1030 show either. We hated to sit around two more hours and have it be canceled, but we really wanted to see it if there was any chance too. We saw lots of people heading into the fantasmic arena. We ate dinner outside or Rosies and around 8pm decided to find a seat for fantasmic. It was not quite half full at that point for a 9pm showing. It poured! We sat in the rain, all six of us, with the plastic stroller covers over our heads as extra protection. DH and I kept looking at each other thinking, what are we doing?!!! They kept announcing that fantasmic could be canceled if inclement weather as it continued to rain. The theater continued to fill. At one point, we almost left as DS1 was getting pretty antsy and we were so wet, but we stuck it out. It was amazing, just before the show was to start, the rain stopped! And fantasmic went on as planned, with no rain and was awesome as always!!! I was so glad we had waited. The kids especially liked the water screens and the boat with all the characters at the end.

Exiting after fantasmic is usually a zoo though it went pretty smoothly this night. The stadium was full it seemed, but it was pretty orderly. Bus service back to the resort took quite awhile again (it seemed like nights and afternoons were better our last trip at POFQ). We made it back and dropped into bed, totally wiped from another hectic but fun filled day. Once again, the rain got me a little worked up and worried... I hate when plans have to get changed, I am a planner. But in the end, we rolled with it and all turned out well.

UP NEXT.... supposed to be Cape May cafe and DHS again... but life has other plans... have i learned to go with the flow yet?

gauvin4
05-27-2009, 10:04 AM
You are much braver and patient than I am. I would not have waited in the rain for Fantasmic. I guess I am a wimp. Glad to hear that you wait was well worth it. Fantasmic is a great show!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the report!

princessgirls
05-27-2009, 12:06 PM
A great day in spite of the rain!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

ojeilatan
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Loving your reports, madzac! I'm anxious for the next installment after such an ominous 'next up' line!!:D

You really are a trooper! For everything that seems to be a bump, you sail over it one way or another! I'm glad to see your trip was such a blast!

KylesMom
05-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Isn't TSM a fabulous addition to DHS?! Glad you were able to get FPs first thing. Great, too, that you were able to experience so much that DHS has to offer.

What a loonggg wait in the rain for Fantasmic - but at least you were rewarded for your patience. This is one thing at DHS we have to see once or twice each trip. Awful late to get back to the room though, huh? Yet another wonderful report full of details for us! :mickey:

Hull-onian
05-27-2009, 06:20 PM
I am sorry you had to sit in the rain on those alluminum benches. But I am glad that you got to see Fantasmic. We missed it this trip. Now that it is only two nights a week, we couldn't fit it in. All your dining experiences were good too.:tasty:

DizNee143
05-28-2009, 11:12 AM
sounds like a good day at the studios!!!
glad you were able to watch fantasmic!! :mickey:

faline
05-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Your perserverance really paid off! Another lovely day for you and and your family!

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
06-01-2009, 09:22 AM
I too am a huge planner. Our next trip has me very nervous about our plans, mainly because my in-laws are going and this is their first trip to anywhere. I want them to have a great time. Glad to hear you got to see fantasmic. Thanks again for sharing.

vizsla
06-03-2009, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the report.