PDA

View Full Version : Birthday ticket upgrade to AP?

drevlo
05-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Howdy all!
I am hearing rumors that DLR is allowing folks to take the free single-day ticket that they receive on their birthday, and upgrade it to an AP.
If true, I would really like to take advange of this later in the Fall.
Does anyone know how this works? Is the price of a standard 1-day ticket reduced from the price of the AP?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

NotaGeek
05-26-2009, 11:35 PM
You got it. When you get your one-day birthday ticket you just visit the Annual Pass Center (which used to be at the Bank on Main Street, but it might already be located in Plaza Pavilion), and they will use the price of your ticket and apply that to an Annual Pass! :party2:

Here's the word right from the official Disneyland Celebrate Website (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/disneyland/index?name=CelebrationsDLRFreeOnYourBirthdayPage):

Q: Can I upgrade my free birthday ticket to another ticket type?
A: Yes, the free birthday ticket may be upgraded to another ticket type on your birthday. However the celebrant is responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by the celebrant. The 1-Day / 1-Park ticket good for 12 months (an option for certain passholders and multi-day ticket holders) may not be upgraded.

drevlo
05-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Excellent!
Thanks so much...:mickey:

InLikeSin
05-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Maybe im slow to catch on but can you elaborate for me... We will be there for my husband's birthday in early Aug and our APs expire in Oct. Can he get the one day ticket and hold on to it until its time to renew?

NotaGeek
05-27-2009, 12:01 AM
No. The one day ticket must be used on his birthday. If he has an AP he can choose a gift card in the same amount as the 1 day ticket and purchase items in the park. The full run down of rules can be found in the link in my previous post. :thumbsup:

InLikeSin
05-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the info Michael!:mickey: