Cast of characters for WL 5/9-5/17:
Me-37
DH-43
Grandma
DD7
DS4
DS1

Wednesday May 13- Animal Kingdom!

After a little more relaxing start yesterday, we were up early again this morning, with breakfast in the room to head to Animal Kingdom for a full day there, dinner and possibly EMH night. We were to the bus stop shortly after 8am and off! Animal Kingdom always seems so far away, but it really didnt take all that long. We were fairly close to the front, and found that about 15 or 20 min early they let us through the turnstiles and into the oasis, holding everyone at the Tree of life.

We were following Ridemax again, so we were off to EE to start. We had never done this ride, as DD was just a little too short last trip. Well this time, both the older two were tall enough and could hardly wait to ride! We headed at rope drop along with many many others back to EE! Even though it seemed like tons of people were getting in line, truly, we just walked through the queue and boarded. WOW is all I can say, we LOVED this ride, all of us!!! And we were right in the front! It was SO much fun, so fast and the backwards part I wasnt sure I would like, but it was great. We really really loved this ride, all of us. After Everest(and grabing FPS for later), we headed over to Dinoland and met Grandma and our little guy. DS4 was too short for Primieval Whirl so grandma took them on triceratop spin while the three of us did the coaster. It was kind of disappointing, I have to say. I dont think I would wait in line for this ride... we walked right on. After this, we headed to catch the first showing of Nemo and and got GREAT seats!!! We all just LOVED Nemo. We thought the puppets were so neat and the whole thing was really well done. Really enjoyable show. Following Nemo the four of us braver souls took a trip on Kali River Rapids! Most everyone in our raft came off barely splashed... except the four seats we were in! Everytime the water came up into the raft, it was right on us. Crazy! It certainly cooled us off though!!! After this we took in Flights of Wonder which we had never seen. It was pretty good. I think this is one of those shows, for us anyway, worth seeing at least once, but we probably wont do it again next time around.

After this, it was seeming pretty busy and everyone was dragging from the heat. We grabbed FPs for the safari and made our way to Pizzafari for lunch. This is a pretty good lunch spot, with a large amount of cool indoor seating. we all had some hot italian sandwiches that were quite good. The only thing about Pizzafari was that it took a lONG time to get through the line to order and then actually get your food.

Following lunch we headed to Its Tough to be a Bug. This absolutly terrified our DD last trip when she was 4, but she wanted to try it again. Everyone seemed to like the show pretty well and handled it better this time. Then we headed to the safari. I know the best time of day tends to be the early mornings so we werent sure we would see much, but actually we saw quite a few animals!! Some cute baby giraffes and elephants. Really, except for the lions, all the animals were pretty active... and I think lions sleep most of the day anyway, dont they? ;) After the safari, we took the train out to Rafiki's planet watch. The kids really enjoyed the little petting zoo and were happy to meet some characters out here... Rafiki and Jiminy Cricket were here when we arrived. They got autographs and pictures. This is one thing that I think I would skip if we didnt have children.

We took the train back and lined up right at the rope in Africa for the parade. We remembered this as our favorite one last trip. It was still good, with great music and lots of characters, but they didnt seem to be out shaking hands as much as the last time. But it was fun... though DS1 slept right through it. He really was such a trouper this trip though, I have to say!

After the parade we made our way down to the Lion King show. AS always, this is one of the best. Even though the animal kingdom doesnt have tons of rides, they do have wonderful shows, and it did not disappoint any of us. We then headed to RFC for our dinner reservations. It is evening EMH that night so we knew we could do a few more things after supper. We have always loved RFC and jump at a chance to go. It isnt on the dining plan, but I had a 75 dollar gift card that we planned to use. All three of us grownups had some pretty yummy drinks. The environment was as always very fun and entertaining. We unfortunatly had a waitress who didnt seem happy to be there and was not at all friendly. we tried to break the ice without much luck and when DS knocked over his drink she seemed really annoyed! But oh well, everyone has bad days! I love that the kids menu here has tons of choices and one had alfredo pasta while the other had mini burgers. I had a wrap that was just ok, while both DH and Grandma had another sandwich they both felt was just "ok" too. This was the first time we had been there I wasnt overly impressed with the food... and boy was it expensive too! Even with the gift card! I dont think we will be hurrying back.

After dinner, we walked over and the four of us rode dinosaur. The kids didnt care for it... a little too dark and scary for them. Then we walked back to EE and did this two more times... they wait was less than 10 min at this point! As before we loved this ride. With three rides we were in the front, the back and the middle and the back was by far the best!!!! After the ride, the kids picked out their souveniers and we called it a day. We grabbed the bus back to WL where we took a quick swim and then the kids and I went down and watched the Electric Water Pagent from the beach while DH got DS1 to bed. It was really neat, I had never seen this before! We meant to get back and catch it another night but never managed to do that. After that everyone hit the hay in preparation for another early morning!

Another fun filled day....:thumbsup:

UP NEXT... Hollywood Studios, Sci Fi Diner and Fantasmic.

gauvin4
05-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Another full day of fun!! :thumbsup: We went to RFC last year and I wasn't very impressed with the food either. The kids did enjoy the atmosphere though.
Thanks for another great report.

princessgirls
05-27-2009, 12:01 PM
A full AK day! It is a big park, and has so much to do in it!

Glad you enjoyed your day! Thanks for the great report!

Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
05-27-2009, 03:31 PM
You know, we've never been able to make a full day + evening at AK - the heat is just so oppressive that we usually end up leaving around 3 in the afternoon. I can't believe you did the whole day plus evening EMH!!!

With three rides we were in the front, the back and the middle and the back was by far the best!!!! I remember writing my trip reports after my first time on E:E, and I think I wrote almost the exact same thing. The back really is the most thrilling!

You're having so much fun!!! Thanks again for sharing another memorable day with us! :mickey:

DizNee143
05-27-2009, 04:13 PM
yet another great day!!
im getting excited reading about your trip..when i go in sept i am stayin at the wilderness lodge for the first time!!!! :mickey:

Hull-onian
05-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Sounds like AK was a great day. We loved Nemo and went to the park a second day and did the Lion King Festival. My niece Sabrina got picked to do the hand jive. That was good. We ate at RFC for breakfast twice. It was excellent. Then we at at RFC in DTD and really enjoyed the meal. Your reports are good, keep em coming.:thumbsup:

faline
05-28-2009, 07:32 PM
We had Rainforest Cafe on our list of restaurant choices for our upcoming trip but cancelled our plans to dine there for a number of reasons - now I certainly don't feel badly about that decision!

Your family is having a wonderful time!

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
06-01-2009, 08:54 AM
M DS5 (well he'll be 6 by the time we get to go) is super excited to get to ride EE- but was very disappointed that he won't get to ride SM due to it being refurbished. Great report.

vizsla
06-02-2009, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the report.

NYChica23
06-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the report. The same thing happened to me at Kali River Rapids the last time I went to AK. My aunt and I were in the "lucky" seats and got soaked. I went to see the Lion King, Nemo, and Pocahontas shows and the parade, and enjoyed every single one of them. Sorry to hear about your experience at Rainforest Cafe :(