PDA

View Full Version : can't choose the view for concierge level at AKL??

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-26-2009, 09:59 PM
We were thinking about trying the concierge level at AKL next year but I was reading that you can't request your view. There is a pool view and savannah view. I would be kinda sad to spend the extra $$ and not get a savannah view. Has anyone ever requested it and got it? I guess I'd be better just paying for a regular savannah view. But we really wanted to try the concierge.

TheRustyScupper
05-27-2009, 08:16 AM
1) Nope.
2) You reserve Club Floor and hope for the best view.
3) You can inquire at check-in, but that might be too late.

NOTE: They converted several rooms to DVC suites. Even DVC people are mildly upset because those rooms do not have that good of views.

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks!! Maybe we will just to the concierge level for like 2 nights ( we really want to do the sunrise safari) then just spend the rest of the week in a savannah room!! With being on the DP I don't think we would even be able to eat any of the club food. We are always too full on the DP alone!

ThanxForNoticin
05-27-2009, 12:27 PM
That sounds like a pretty good idea. We also really enjoy the Sunrise Safari - one of our favorite things to do at Disney. And if you are on the dining plan, you really do kinda lose one of the big perks of the concierge level - the snacks throughout the day.

NLODisney
05-27-2009, 06:40 PM
We have always gotten a savannah view room when we stayed concierge level here. I put that as a request when I make the reservation and also mention it when contacting our concierge doing planning for us. If you are going during free dining and decide to switch from concierge level to a savannah view room you would probably have to have seperate reservations to do so because the free dining is a package and it may end up costing you a lot more money. I would just do concierge for the whole time and make savannah view as my first request.

Mitzie
05-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Houston we have a problem...we are booked at AKL club for our up coming Dec. trip. I am pretty sure we were told that we were guaranteed savannah view when we booked. They said all the club rooms were that view. I know DH would be very upset if he didn't get to see the animals...that is one of the big reasons we booked there.:confused:

blissventure
05-28-2009, 08:54 AM
1) Nope.
2) You reserve Club Floor and hope for the best view.
3) You can inquire at check-in, but that might be too late.

NOTE: They converted several rooms to DVC suites. Even DVC people are mildly upset because those rooms do not have that good of views.
Are you certain this is the current (2009) situation?
I understand the timeshare situation is as you've outlined. But for regular hotel guests booking a standard CL room at AKL, my understanding is they will receive a savanna view. From the WDW website under room types and pricing: "Club Level standard room offers a view of a one of the savannas at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. "

TammiMcMan
05-28-2009, 03:33 PM
But for regular hotel guests booking a standard CL room at AKL, my understanding is they will receive a savanna view. From the WDW website under room types and pricing: "Club Level standard room offers a view of a one of the savannas at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. " You really aren't guaranteed anything at Disney (regardless of what you have in writing), but chances are 99.9% that a standard club level room is going to overlook the savannah :thumbsup:.