PDA

View Full Version : smoking in parks?

last real pirate
05-26-2009, 08:00 PM
is smoking in the parks totally banned or do they have smoking areas? i can only find info on smoking at the resorts.

VWL Mom
05-26-2009, 08:03 PM
There are smoking areas in the parks They are marked on the maps.

last real pirate
05-26-2009, 08:05 PM
the park maps you pick up on your way in?

hope2survive
05-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Yes, on the park maps you pick up on the way into the park. All smoking areas are clearly marked there. You can tell them in the park usually as a garbage can with an ashtray on top and a smoking cigarette in a circle on the side of the garbage can.

last real pirate
05-26-2009, 09:07 PM
thanks, i will make sure to get a map.

Cinderella's mom
05-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Last time we were there, I remember the smoking area was in the back of the castle on the right side (coming from Dumbo). Kinda on that ramp that leads to the hub. My children and I have asthma and have to avoid that area like the plague so not to have an attack! I can't remember any other parks! Sorry!

SBETigg
05-27-2009, 07:30 AM
Thanks for caring to look for the smoking areas instead of just lighting up anywhere. You do your people proud. :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
05-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks for caring to look for the smoking areas instead of just lighting up anywhere. You do your people proud. :thumbsup:

Yews, thanks for inquiring!

marlaine
05-27-2009, 10:51 AM
There are designated smoking areas throughout the parks and at the resorts. The maps are pretty clear on where they are. I will say that they put them in some pretty out of the way places. I'll never live it down that 3 years ago we were at HS and Chicken Little was at the Hat. My DS really wanted a picture with him, but I had to find a smoking area. My DH stood in line with him, but the smoking area was so far away, by the time I got back Chicken Little was gone! My DS would not take a picture without me being there. I'll never live it down. To this day, my son blames me and ties my habit with Chicken Little!:-o

PixieMagic
05-27-2009, 01:42 PM
I know we always look for the smoking areas (and we are not heavy smokers so it's usually only 2-3 stops a day) however, last trip (06) I remember them for sure being by the pool areas at resorts (certain sections), to the left of the TTC, and right by Canada (there are a couple around WS but I remember one by canada for sure as I even have a video of us while we were smoking there and killing time before an ADR :secret:) Have fun and thank you for being respectful! It always kills me that I go out of my way to be polite and then I get in line for a ride and have the person ahead of me light up and throw their butt on the ground...so rude!!

artyboy
05-27-2009, 02:24 PM
You do need to make certain that they haven't moved the smoking areas. We went to the places marked on the maps during our last trip, and more than a couple of times they had moved the area without updating the map. This was during Flower and Garden, so maybe they needed the space for the show.

Thanks for being considerate!

Imagineer1981
05-27-2009, 05:22 PM
I agree, thanks for being considerate. So many people are walking around the parks these days just smoking away, or with their shoes/shirts off. Poor taste

BluewaterBrad
05-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Maps, or any CM will help you bro.:mickey:

Mickey Loves Golf
05-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Just look for the places in direct sunlight :D I guess I just told on myself...I'm not a heavy smoker but I do obey the rules because I don't like to let my nasty habit ruin anyone's enjoyment anywhere - especially DW. The maps are a big help but they move the smoking areas around so some of the maps are not as accurate as they used to be. Epcot has especially changed so if the map isn't accurate be sure to ask a CM and most of the time they know where they are located.

tdk316
05-28-2009, 07:43 AM
Your question has pretty much been covered, but may I suggest you bring a thick skin with you also? When we used to smoke years ago my DH and I were always respectful and used the designated smoking areas in the parks, and were almost always verbally attacked by someone walking by. The worst was some woman screaming about not being able to sit and feed her kids in the smoking area because of the smoke... hummmm.... Anyway, bring some patience and you'll be fine. :mickey:

ransam
05-28-2009, 09:59 AM
just light up, and i'm sure many non-smokers will tell you where to go...literally.

Daddy Mouse
05-28-2009, 01:30 PM
:thumbsup:I've quit it is too costly in more ways than monetary. I won't worry about it where smoking is and isn't allowed.

Last time I was there a lady was admonishing me for not smoking in a designated area I thought I was in the area. I took one step to my left and apparently there is an imaginary line, because it was okay to smoke according to her. ;)