PDA

View Full Version : Learning to go with the flow... Day two

Madzac
05-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Sunday May 10- Epcot

We woke by 715am at the WL. The beds here were wonderful and we all felt better. Still missing DS but knowing that within hours they would be with us again. We all got ready quickly. I had taken advice of a friend and packed each of the kids' outfits in a gallon size ziplock bag and boy did that work great! Each day they could just pull out a bag and no messing through the suitcase! We grabbed a poptart in the room and were off to the bus stop.

Bus service in the morning tended to be very regular! We arrived at the stop just after 8am and saw a bus within 5 minutes. The Epcot bus went over to Fort Wilderness before heading to Epcot. We arrived at Epcot around 830am and before long were let through the turnstiles. It was Mother's Day and they were handing out fresh flowers to the mothers... what a nice touch!

We were following Ridemax this trip for the first time, so I was off to grab TT fastpasses right away. We then met up and did spaceship earth together, and we thought the new ending where they put the faces on the bodies was too funny! My DD laughed so hard! Next we rode the Land boat ride and grabbed Soarin FPs. Then we went to the Seas and did the ride(ok but nothing special), aquarium and turtle talk. We love turtle talk, it is so much fun! After that we went to Figment. I know lots of people dont care for this ride, but my kids love it! We had walked on to everything at this point and were 45 min ahead of our ridemax schedule so we decided to have an early lunch at Sunshine Seasons at the Land. It was WONDERFUL! Mom and I had cesear salads and very yummy strawberry shortcake. I think DD had mac and cheese again and DS shared. It was very good and since we were early, we had no trouble getting seats there.

At that point, while we were having fun, we were missing DS so much and thinking how much he would like everything. We decided to veer from our "plans" and not hit any of the thrill rides until they arrived. We took the boat across the lagoon at that point to go to the American Adventure show. That was when we heard from DH that they were on the ME bus to the WL! Yeah!!!!

We saw the American Adventure... I hadnt seen it for some time and enjoyed it a lot. I think DD was a little bored... she wanted to do soarin! But it worked out pretty well that by the time we finished that and headed back to Future World, We got another call that the boys were on the bus to Epcot. It was WONDERFUL to see them. FINALLY it felt like we could enjoy our vacation a little bit more! We were together and DS was fine... whew...

At this point, we decided that instead of doing the countries and kidcot as we had planned tonight, we would go back and do the things we had already done in future world so DS4 could get some rides in!!!! So first up... we went to Soarin! We love this ride.. it was one of DD's favorites from our last trip. DH sat out with the baby and Grandma and I took the kids. We all loved it again! Then we did SE and Imagination one more time for DS. Finally we went over and did MS, Green team which the kids thought was great. I would love to try Orange but with the reports of people getting sick on it, I was too chicken to try it. Plus I didnt want the kids doing that until they were older. Next we went on TT. We had three FPs from the morning and then got a baby swap so Dh was able to go with myself and the kids. Grandma doesnt do thrill rides so she was content to sit out with the little guy. We all enjoyed TT a ton! In fact, that was one thing we really wanted to ride again before the week was out but never managed to do. Next we hit Universe of Energy with Ellen. We have seen it before. Its a nice break from the hot day. :) And we really didnt wait for anything, using FP for Soarin and TT.

At this point it was almost time for our dinner reservations at the Biergarten! We had like 5 min and had to hike all the way to Germany!! Yikes! We got moving and were about 7 min late but they were wonderful and seated us very quickly. The Biergarten was a new restaurant for us this trip(we tried to plan all new places) and we were anxious to try it! The restaurant itself is really neat, looking like a village at night. We were seated right down next to the dance floor. There was a mom and adult daughter at our table as well. We talked just a little bit and found out they were orinally from Iowa... such a small world!

My mom and DH LOVED the food here. The kids and I are a little more picky, but I did find plenty to eat. Especially the desserts... apple strudel, oh yummy!! They had a great cheesecake too. Then as we were finishing eating, the polka band started to play. This was a blast!!! All three kids went out to the dance floor and danced and danced, even the little guy! In fact, when it ended, he stood there with his hands on his hips looking at the stage wondering where they went. It was hilarious! Such a great time!! I would certainly go back again.

After supper, we rode the rides in Mexico and Norway. We thought about starting Kidcot, but my DD was doing a trip journal and wanted to CMs in the countries to write in her journal(which she had forgotten to bring to epcot that day) so we waited. After walking over to the seas to do these again for DS, we realized my DD had left her autograph book at the Biergarten!!! She was crushed. DH wanted to just buy her a new one, but I had found this one on ebay and it was really special to her, so she and I walked back while everyone else went to the seas again. And fortunatly we DID find it there!!! She learned quickly just why mommy wanted to carry it!

We met up again at the seas and the kids each picked a souveneir for the day. We have a disney visa rewards and had a lot of money on it just for tips and souvies so it is really fun to let them pick out something each day. DD was more than thrilled to find out they have webkinz at disney and added several to her collection over the week!!! Next we headed to future world and found a spot on the ground to watch illuminations about 25 min early. I had purchased cheap glow bracelets at Michaels and they were a huge hit! Illuminations was just wonderful, all three kids enjoyed them a lot!

After the show we headed quickly for the exit and to the buses. We arrived back at WL before 10pm and after the long day with no break, we were quickly to bed!

NEXT UP... Magic Kingdom day, BBB surprise for DD, CRT dinner and Spectro/wishes.

jillluvsdisney
05-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Great bounce back on day two. Glad you were all reunited.

Donald
05-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Awesome Day!! :thumbsup:

princessgirls
05-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Great day Tracy!

Thanks for the report!

We loved Biergarten too! A fun place to eat!!

Julie:mickey:

faline
05-26-2009, 08:10 PM
So glad your family is all together again! Very nice afternoon and evening for your family!

Kathy Jetson
05-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Glad to hear everything worked out so well:mickey:

gauvin4
05-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the report! It sounds like you had a great day.

KylesMom
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm so glad to hear that today was a much smoother day for you - I can't imagine starting off as you did yesterday!

I hear ya about Mission:Space Orange - I'm still just a little too apprehensive to try it! :D

Great reporting - looking forward to more! :mickey:

DizNee143
05-27-2009, 02:51 PM
sounds like a great day at epcot!! so glad you all finally met up and were a family again!! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Things are coming together! i am heading to your next reports!!

Hull-onian
05-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Good report!!!

yjgirl32
05-29-2009, 08:44 AM
So great to hear that you ds was ok and was able to jin the family. Great first day- thanks for sharing,

vizsla
05-31-2009, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: