PDA

View Full Version : Counter service dining plan

epceddie
05-26-2009, 01:14 AM
Would love to hear your experiences with the counter service dining plan.
My wife and I are considering buying it for our trip in November.
Is it still $29.99 per person, per day? Is it enough food if you have breakfast in your room.
What's included? Do you get a resort mug?
Any and all help will be appreciated.

lovewalt
05-26-2009, 02:19 AM
We found it to be more than enough food,but for our 10 day trip we did get a little tired of all counter service meals.But we did like being free of ADR schedules.I think if our trip had been shorter it would have been fine.
Yes, you do get a refillable resort mug (one per person).You also get 2 counter service meals per day and 2 snacks.
We usually used snack credits for breakfast and ate in our room or sometimes the food court(we stayed at Pop Century).You can get bagels,bakery items,yogurt,etc.everything was clearly marked with a dining plan symbol so it was very easy to tell what you could use your credits on.If you like a light breakfast it's a great way to get 3 meals a day on the plan.

KAT1811
05-26-2009, 06:09 AM
I've never done the QSDDP but IMHO I would spend another $20.00/per day and get the regular DDP. That's only another $140 on a 7 night and $200 on a 10 night WDW stay (total for two adults). You can always use your TS credits for counter service (not the best use of credits but it can be done). For us, as a PP stated, we would get really tired of the QS optionts quickly. Every now and again I need a sit down meal. Good luck whatever you decide. Just my :twocents:

spoiledraf
05-26-2009, 08:04 AM
I would want a table service meal at least once a day as well if for nothing else, an opportunity to relax a bit. Counter service often involves a considerable wait for your food and in many cases, another wait to find a suitable table to sit and eat at, especially if you are in a larger group. And I personally don't care much for eating with the birds at the outside eateries.

For me, table service equals a cool, air-conditioned meal, sitting down, with someone else running to get whatever you didn't grab at the counter, a chance to relax a little more, occasionally some entertainment in a neatly themed restaurant, and with an ADR, knowing a table will be waiting without having to search for someone who is about to finish eating and trying to beat the competition to the chairs, all while your food contiues to get cold(er).

2lilboys
05-26-2009, 08:33 AM
We tried Quick Service Dining Plan at the beginning of May and really liked it. Our 2 year olds usually shared our meals and there was still plenty of food. We ate mostly at Roaring Forks / WL for dinner and had lunches in the parks. At the beginning of the trip, we were trying to save some of our meals and snacks because we were afraid of running short. But we actually ended up having to use 6 counter service and 8 snacks on the last day!! I thought the variety of food offered was fine. I enjoyed sandwiches, salads, roasted chicken, and pizza and thought everything I tried was good. Having the refillable mugs, which was included in the package, was great.

It was also great to not be tied down to ADR's. We went last year during free dining and found we were constantly running around (and waking up the kids from their afternoon naps) to make our dining reservations. It was much easier being able to eat when we wanted.

On our next trip, we are traveling with my parents and they want to do the regular dining plan (my parents like to enjoy a sit-down meal each day). But DH and I will most likely do the quick service plan again in the future.:thumbsup:

SFD998
05-26-2009, 09:10 AM
We always get a dining plan that includes one TS and one CS. Like someone else said it is nice to be able to sit and relax. The freedom of the CS is also nice. There have been many times we said okay time to eat and just went and did it. However, we have found that the CS options in the parks are fairly similar and have made the extra effort to go to either POFQ or CSR for a change in menu options. Plus, you are inside and can sit for a while instead of wandering around with a tray looking for a table. If you have ever tried to eat at Casey's at peak lunch hours you know what I am talking about. Either way I would definitely have some sort of a meal plan instead of just going for a cash basis.

Below is the break down of prices and descriptions of the plans

Dining Plan Daily cost per adult cost per child

Quick Service Dining Plan $29.99 $8.99
Dining Plan $39.99 $10.99
Deluxe Dining Plan $71.99 $20.99
Premium Dining Plan $159.00 $109.00
Platinum Dining Plan $209.00 $144.00

Quick Service Dining Plan
The Disney Quick Service Dining Plan is the newest plan and includes two quick service meals and two snacks per person, per night of your package stay for everyone in the party ages 3 and over. The plan also includes one refillable drink mug per person.

Dining Plan
The Disney Dining Plan includes one quick service meal, one snack, and one table service meal per person, per night of your package stay for everyone in the party ages 3 and over

A&M'sMommy
05-27-2009, 02:07 PM
If you get the one TS plan, how do you switch them out for a CS meal?

Young@Heart
05-27-2009, 02:19 PM
We just decided to add the quick service dining plan to our Aug. trip last week. There were several factors in this decision.

1) We've done a dining plan for the last 2 trips and love the convenience of it. I can't really imagine not being on a dining plan now, it would feel like a hassle.

2) We found the TS meals and ADR's to be a huge pain and time-consumer, esp. last trip. We were always racing to get somewhere at a certain time, and then the meals themselves took forever. We also felt the quality of the food at the TS meals last trip wasn't as good as at the CS meals.

3) When I finally sat down and budgeted our meals for all 8 days, including 1 snack/person each day, and our resort mugs (which we always get), it will only cost us about $80 more for the quick service plan.

Not only is the conveince of the plan worth $80 to me, that $80 will more than cover the extra snack/day for each person that wasn't in my original budget, and we don't have to skimp by getting ice water with meals at the parks. Plus, we'll get deserts with each CS meal (which the kids love to use to get ice cream bars!)

epceddie
05-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the great replies!

luvmyboys4ever
05-29-2009, 01:10 AM
We had the regular DDP. The CS was our least favorite part of the plan. The only nice meal we had was at CSR...since steak was considered a CS. But, the CS meals in the parks were...well...:sick:! We really enjoyed the TS meals(we like to sit and relax), but we didn't like the ADR schedule, and believe me, if it's free dining when you go...make ADRs! I left one night open and that was the night we couldn't get in anywhere in DTD...it was crazy packed! We settled on Earl of Sandwich..which was very good, so that makes 2 good CS meals. I also got caught up with character meals, since they only use up 1TS credit...I went a bit overboard and we had 1 everyday, except one! Too much, even for the kids. Believe it or not, our favorite part was the snack selection! We loved seeing all of the different things that were considered snacks. There are some really good items on that list. Disney should do an all snack plan...lol!:thumbsup:

KAT1811
05-29-2009, 06:40 AM
Disney should do an all snack plan...lol!:thumbsup:

Great idea! Especially if Dole Whip is still considered a snack. I swear I could live on that alone for two weeks!!!