PDA

View Full Version : Mini-golf

KatrinaJ91
05-25-2009, 05:34 PM
I don't think this is the right place to ask this, but we are wondering about the 2 mini-golf courses. Which one do you like best? We are trying to decide between the Fantasia Gardens or the WinterSummerland. Does anyone have an opinion? Thanks :golf:

tadshome
05-25-2009, 05:43 PM
They are both great but our family favourite is Wintersummerland:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
05-25-2009, 06:26 PM
I prefer Winter Summerland :golf:

Wrigley
05-25-2009, 08:59 PM
I prefer WinterSummerland, but both are very fun. Fantasia Gardens seems to be more challenging, but still fun. I do however like the location of Fantasia Gardens better-we like to go there to do mini golf and then walk over to the Boardwalk or Epcot for the night! :mickey:

estein80
05-25-2009, 09:41 PM
I personally prefer Winter Summerland. I think the biggest difference between the two (besides the difficulty of the course, I agree that Fantasia is harder) is that Fantasia is more formal and Winter Summerland more casual. It depends on what type of course you like. I am a fan of the less formal courses.

lotrfan
05-25-2009, 09:50 PM
My wife and I had a great time at Fantasia Gardens during our Disneymoon. The whimsical course was a lot fun with all of the Fantasia characters. I haven't tried the hard course or Winter Summer Land course yet but I hear they are great. Just be careful if you do the whimsical course. On the ninth hole we were attacked by a bird that had it's nest just above a tunnel we had come out of! It actually hit me on the back and starting dive bombing at my wife's head!

Kathy Jetson
05-25-2009, 11:37 PM
We liked winter summerland the best.

Tink#64
05-26-2009, 01:14 AM
We've only played at Fantasia Gardens, but we really liked it! It was sooooo cute! We had actaully planned to play at WS but ended up having a late afternoon thunder storm and that set our evening back by a couple of hours. We didn't have a car, so we were dependant on the busses and knew that they stopped running to BB & WS early, so we rode the water taxi over to the Swan/Dolphin from (MGM) DHS, and walked across the grounds there, and across the street, and it was a very easy trip compared to what I thought it would be! We had a lot of fun, & took some great pix of all the cute attractions at each hole! :thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
05-26-2009, 04:31 PM
I prefer WinterSummerland, but both are very fun. Fantasia Gardens seems to be more challenging, but still fun. I do however like the location of Fantasia Gardens better-we like to go there to do mini golf and then walk over to the Boardwalk or Epcot for the night! :mickey:

I like them both, but this is the reason we like fantasia the best! :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
05-26-2009, 06:29 PM
We actually like Fantasia a bit better. Keep in mind, there are 2 separate courses at Fantasia. There is a more 'traditional' course with the obstacles and walls. There is also a much more challenging course with no walls and long fairways - it's actually quite different from any other mini-golf we have played. Sometimes we're looking for the extra challenge, and other times we're just looking to have fun with the dancing hippos!!

KatrinaJ91
05-26-2009, 06:39 PM
I didn't realize you could walk to Epcot or the Boardwalk from Fantasia.....this might be a big factor in our decision! I was actually leaning toward WS, but that might be a fun evening!! Thanks for all the input...I love to hear opinions! :thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
05-26-2009, 06:51 PM
I didn't realize you could walk to Epcot or the Boardwalk from Fantasia.....this might be a big factor in our decision! I was actually leaning toward WS, but that might be a fun evening!! Thanks for all the input...I love to hear opinions! :thumbsup:

Sure, you could enjoy some time playing mini-golf, then walk to the Boardwalk to enjoy some time there - maybe hit the bakery at the Boardwalk or get some ice cream at Beaches n Cream at the Beach Club. And if you continue walking farther, you could go in the back entrance of Epcot and enjoy some time there. You could make it a very fun evening.

DisneyMelissa
05-27-2009, 12:05 AM
I love Fantasia Gardens, especially at nighttime. It's a bit challenging, but lots of fun and very whimsical.

caryrae
05-27-2009, 01:36 PM
You could try both because if you play at one and bring the receipt to the other you get a 50% discount.

It's not unheard of to get multiple holes-in-one on the WinterSummerland courses. It has 2 seperate courses to a Winter course and a Summer course and they are both fun and they play Xmas music around the courses.

Imagineer1981
05-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Both are equally good. We perfer Wintersummerland though. Just seemed more fun