PDA

View Full Version : A little advice please!

Tink33333
05-25-2009, 04:35 PM
We have 7 day accommadations and 7 day hoppers passes, how many ADRs would you recommend us making?:confused:

Strmchsr
05-25-2009, 04:40 PM
If you're on the dining plan you'll need 7 ADRs as you'll have 7 table service credits.

It'sWDW4me
05-25-2009, 05:15 PM
If you're on the dining plan you'll need 7 ADRs as you'll have 7 table service credits.

Unless, of course, you're eating at CRT or any other dinner that takes 2 TS credits...

Itchy
05-25-2009, 06:04 PM
I made an ADR for every day we are there which is 5. One day is a signature dining resi and as stated earlier will take two of you dining credits if you are on the basic dining plan ( one counter service, one table service ).

We made one that will be out of pocket, since we have the signature dining on one night that way to make sure we will be able to get a table. You will need to make a reservation just like we were on the dining plan.

You will just need to let the server know if you do one that will not be on the dining plan that you will be paying out of pocket.

Have great time planning.:mickey:

KAT1811
05-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Due to the amazing popularity of WDW restaurants I would recommend making an ADR for one meal per day regardless of the dining plan or not. That way you will be able to have a sit down meal and a little rest once a day. Remember you can always call and cancell your ADR if you are not up to the meal. Keep in mind some restaurants (ie. CG or CRT) require advance notice for cancellations or else a fee is imposed. If you decide last minute that you would like to have a TS meal and did not make ADRs you are at the mercy of the system. Good luck whatever you decide.

KatrinaJ91
05-25-2009, 07:07 PM
It's going to depend on how flexible or rigid you want to be in your days there. We made ADRs on one of our trips and I will never do it again. We like to "go with the flow" and do things as they come up and as we feel like doing them! So many times, we were not really ready to eat or wanted to do something else and HAD to stop and go because of the ADRs. I felt like we had to keep on schedule and there was absolutely so spontaneity on that trip! Every year since, we see where we are at the time that we want to eat and go from there. We have never really had any problems finding a TS restaurant with something available. Every once in a while, we will call a day or so out and make them then if it is a special place or event.
Like I said, it is whatever your family likes to do and how "scheduled" you want your days to be! I know most people will disagree with this, but it is how my family likes to do our trip.

Briansmom
05-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Like I said, it is whatever your family likes to do and how "scheduled" you want your days to be! I know most people will disagree with this, but it is how my family likes to do our trip.

Funny you should say this, KatrinaJ, cuz this was our second year with ADR's and I must say this year I felt totally 'controlled' by our ADR's. Last year it didn't feel that way at all. It seemed that this year they interuppted us and were a hassle to get to. I felt like they were making us miss our fun. Don't get me wrong, we enjoy having the break of a table service but I think part of it was because two of them were for late lunches. (well, and thinking about it, this year, the park hours weren't as long as last year either). It was much better when they were for breakfast or supper. So, Tink33333, keep that in mind when you are making your ressies.

Aggie97
05-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Like I said, it is whatever your family likes to do and how "scheduled" you want your days to be!

I think this is a good way to put it.

We don't like to have a TS meal scheduled for every day. On a seven day trip, we might have three TS dinners and one TS character breakfast. We always make ADRs for these meals.

We usually try to schedule our TS meals at times when we would not have to make a tough on-the-spot decision between continuing with our park activities vs. leaving for a TS meal. For example:

dinner on the evening we arrive at WDW
breakfast and dinner on our DTD/resort hopping day
dinner on the evening of our AK day (because the park closes early).

I really do feel it comes down to your personal vacation preferences! :mickey:

spoiledraf
05-25-2009, 08:31 PM
I think it also depends on what you are willing to settle for for your food choices. We have a breakfast ADR and a signature dining ADR for every day we are there. Thats my wifes idea of a vacation. Thats how I keep her happy and going back. But then again, we are not commando park people, even though I wouldn't mind trying that once. This year, we will have our grandkids with us so we'll be breaking mid-day for naps anyway so after naps it's dinner and back to a park,

But if you don't have an ADR, as mentioned, you are at the mercy of what is available. If you are going during free dining, you may have trouble getting a TS meal anywhere.

the other micki
05-26-2009, 12:26 AM
It just depends on how much you want to eat and how much you want to spend. If I were not on the DDP and staying for 7 days, I would make about 4 or 5 ADRs. I don't like to necessarily eat a huge meal every day.

brownie
05-26-2009, 07:32 AM
We've usually schedule one table service meal every day on our trips. It's a nice change of pace.