PDA

View Full Version : Questions about heart patients

Noel04
05-24-2009, 11:14 PM
My son (3 yrs. old) had a successful heart surgery two years ago and is in excellent health, but obviously has the normal limitations associated with heart babies because of his past condition.

We want to take him to Disney World, but are obviously concerned in light of his condition.

Do you have any suggestions as to which rides he should avoid?? Are there any guidelines or anything of the sort posted on rides and if so, where can I find them?

Any help would be appreciated--thank you!

kakn7294
05-24-2009, 11:52 PM
:welcome: to Intercot! Most of what he probably should avoid would be the attractions he probably isn't big enough to ride anyway. Check with his doctor(s) about his restrictions and check here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/rideheight.asp) for a list of attractions with restrictions. Depending on his personal restrictions, this may not be a complete list, but it should give you a good idea of what to avoid. There is a great guidebook for persons with disabilities that would be helpful as well. Since I'm not sure if I can post that here, I sent you a PM with the name and link.

Noel04
05-25-2009, 12:29 AM
THANK YOU!!!!:mickey: