PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier restaurant

motherof4
05-24-2009, 07:30 PM
I am a little puzzled ,I called exactly 90 days before my 14 day trip for dining reservations I asked them to check for Le Cellier they checked every day for dinner and they said that it was booked solid. If everyone going at the same time I was called 90 days in advance how can it be fully booked ?I called exactly at 7 am when they opened I find it hard to believe that it got booked up in the 2 min that I was on hold does any one know how this is possible It is very frustrating

irish1967
05-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Because if you are staying on property you can book 90 days before your check in day + 10 additional day. So everyone who is arriving (and staying on property) up to 10 days before you have the opportunity to book that day.

GINNY69
05-24-2009, 08:04 PM
We are going in August and we could not get Lecellier either for dinner , but we are there for lunch instead..

TheRustyScupper
05-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Because if you are staying on property you can book 90 days before your check in day + 10 additional day. So everyone who is arriving (and staying on property) up to 10 days before you have the opportunity to book that day.

1) People forget that 90+10 works against them, not just for them.
2) Others have more ability to book your days, than you do.
3) I have always said that 90+10 was a bad idea for many people.

disneymom2000
05-24-2009, 09:29 PM
I got on my soapbox about this in a previous post earlier today.

Hopefully Disney will change this policy soon before - opps I guess it already has become a frustrating situation.:(

dsnyfan001
05-24-2009, 09:52 PM
The same thing happend to us we called in to make our reservations and LeCellier was booked we got in for lunch but I think this new reservation thing is stupid. Its actually worse than last year I remember booking with really no hassles this time it was a complete nightmare. Waiting for over an hour at seven in the morning then somehow getting accidentally hung up on by a cust service rep, then to hold for yet another hour it was so frustrating!:mad:

deedeenmickey
05-24-2009, 10:52 PM
I am curious about this because the OP's signature says he is staying at POP. Did you try everyday? For 14 days there should have been an opening on one day shouldn't there?:confused:

spoiledraf
05-25-2009, 01:18 AM
I am curious about this because the OP's signature says he is staying at POP. Did you try everyday? For 14 days there should have been an opening on one day shouldn't there?:confused:

Keep in mind you can't book past 10 days so the last four don't count. But it is surprising you couldn't get one of the later of ten.

princessesmom
05-25-2009, 11:13 AM
It is a small restaurant and very popular because it only requires 1 TS credit on the DDP. Keep trying, a cancellation might pop up.

Daddy Mouse
05-25-2009, 03:27 PM
DW called at four different times and was able to get Le Cellier, but we could only get it at 4:30. Two time CM's told her not to even try for LeCellier. We had more problems getting the Crystal Palace, they wanted us to take CRT instead.

JavaDuck
05-25-2009, 03:30 PM
We made our ADRs for our August trip a couple of weeks ago. My other half really likes Le Cellier so we are eating there twice. We were able to get ADRs for two different days.

We were able to get the two ADRs by being really flexible with the days and times for the ADRs. Initially, we weren't doing that and we were only able to get one day. When we became flexible with the day and time, it all worked out.

Hope something opens up for you!

SheLovesDisney
05-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I called at 7 am on Saturday to make my ADRs and was initially told that there was no availability at Le Cellier during our 10 day stay. In fact, on my first try I was only able to 3 out of 9 restaurants. However, when I called later that same day, I was told that the reason I couldn't get anything at first was that the new reservation system had some glitches and that several restaurants were not showing all possible availability. On my second try, I had my pick of dinner times at Le Cellier and was able to get a 6 pm seating without a problem.

The crazy thing was that some CMs seemed to know that a glitch was responsible for the lack of times, while others insisted that the restaurant was full. I finally was able to speak with a helpful CM who could explain exactly what was going on. But, I spent WAY too much time on the phone and it seems completely unfair that it was a matter of calling at the "right time" instead of calling first that got the ADR. I guess I would say to keep trying and don't necessarily assume that a place is full due to free dining...I know this whole process is really frustrating these days! Good luck!!

PixieMagic
05-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Same problem here and I am VERY upset about this one!!

moe513
05-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Are you goung during free dining?? We had trouble a couple of yrs ago during free dining. We are going again not during free dining and got ressies and was not onhold for more than 2 min.

bostomco
05-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Ya, I'd also be interested to know if you were going during free dining! We're going then and now I'm nervous about it. :confused:

JPL
05-26-2009, 02:11 PM
This is a problem with the DDP especially during Free Dining. I am going in mid-June and got every restaurant I wanted withing a half hour of the times I wanted. Disney needs to go back to their old walk-up policy where they reserved 20% of the tables at eachh restaurant for walk-ups to give people a chance.

Woozle
05-26-2009, 07:18 PM
When I booked, the only ressie that I didn't get that we wanted to try was Sci-Fi. But it wasn't that big a deal. We were really lucky, I made ressies for 10 days for 11 of us. Thpse include Le Celllier and Crystal Palace.

:mickey: 2 weeks to go!!!

PlutoPlanet
05-26-2009, 09:25 PM
We were not able to get Le Cellier for late Aug. either. I wish I knew what was up.