PDA

View Full Version : What is your absolute favorite meal in WDW?

KAT1811
05-24-2009, 04:27 PM
If you had to pick one restaurant for one meal while in WDW what would it be? There are tons and tons of fabulous restaurants in Walt Disney World but I am curious to know what meal is the absolute favorite for your family?

Why?

I will admit that the question is a tough one and I am having a hard time answering but if I had to pick one it would have to be. . . Crystal Palace for breakfast.

I suppose it is my favorite because . . .
It is the first restaurant I can rember eating in with my family as a child.
I love the walk down Main street first thing in the morning when the park is virtually empty.
I love the food.
The restaurant has great atmosphere.
Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Rabbit, and Eeyore

Duchess99
05-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Great question!

Mine would be dinner at California Grill, specifically having the pork tenderloin entree :tasty: I have always has a fantastic experience here. The food is fantastic and the views are just amazing, especially during sunset!

azcavalier
05-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Tough question. But, after thinking about it, for me it would have to be dinner at O'Hana. Since there is no real menu there, I would just say that it's everything that they serve! Wontons, the salad w/ Honey-Lime Dressing, the sweet and sour shrimp, Pork Sausage, Marinated Steak on skewers, the veggies, and of course, the Bananas Foster over Bread Pudding. Oooooooo.....

My 9 yr old DD would say Liberty Tree Tavern. All you can eat comfort food.

My 12 yr old DS would say O'Hana.

My 4 yr old DD would say Princess Dinner at Akershus. She doesn't really care about the menu. All she does is eat the fruits and veggies off of the salad bar.

My wife would say Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. Canyon Skillet. She loves that place.

DebK
05-24-2009, 05:25 PM
I would have to say the surf-n-turf at Narcoossee's with the almond crusted cheesecake for dessert. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-24-2009, 05:26 PM
California Grill is the one I could go back to again and again. The food is phenomenal. The service is friendly and attentive. The setting can't be beat. I love hovering above the MK to watch the fireworks, and then watching the Electrical Water Pageant, too. It's breathtaking. My favorite place without a doubt. But Narcoossee's is a close second for me.

Madame Leona
05-24-2009, 07:33 PM
That's an easy one. I like to go to Chef Mickey's for breakfast. My son (3) calls it his restaurant. We try to eat there are first full day before heading into MK for the day.

mouseketeer mom
05-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Easy! Ohana's!! Always our first meal, always a not miss!!

sisterdisco
05-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Fish and fries at Columbia Harbor House.
The fish is awesome and devilishly unhealthy!!
We always ate here when I was a kid and it brings back fond memories.:thumbsup:

BigRedDad
05-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Unfortunately, I have not eaten at all of the restaurants for all of the meals. If I had to pick only one, I would have to say dinner at O'hanas. The theming, taste, atmosphere, and variety is awesome.

Seasonscraps
05-24-2009, 08:56 PM
The best dining experience I ever had in Disney was at Shula's Steakhouse. Everything was delicious, perfectly prepared with terrific service.

Queen Stephanie
05-24-2009, 09:31 PM
There's no place like O'Hana! It is my fav experience at WDW.

estein80
05-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Though I loved CG when I went there 9 years ago, it was nine years ago. I have to say that DH and I loved Jiko this past trip and will probably make an effort to get back there again and again.

Nicki'sMom
05-24-2009, 09:57 PM
When I was a kid we never ate at a sit down restaurant inside the parks and I have had a little one with me on recent trips so I REALLY only have experience with the character meals and Ohana. I have to say at this point in my WDW eating history I vote for Disney breakfast in general. Cape May was really good. I can't wait to try all of the more sophisticated restaurants Disney has to offer in the future. We have 3 or 4 character breakfasts planned for our upcoming trip so for now my choice is any breakfast buffet! Yum

EeyoresBestFriend
05-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Hmmmmm . . that is a tough one.

At this point in our DisneyLife ( as everytime we go down we discover something new :thumbsup: ), I would have to say Prime Time 50s Diner. With the Teppan bar as a REAL close second. . . . .
I absolutely adore their chocolate malted shakes!!! :cloud9:

Fun thread! :D

Kairi_7378
05-24-2009, 10:14 PM
One of the best meals I've EVER had was at the CA Grill. We ate there for a belated 5 year anniversary dinner but didn't tell the staff when we made our ressies. We ate there at sunset and the food and the service were both phenomenal. It is the one place that DH insists that we eat on any subsequent trip. We loved the sushi and the cheese plate dessert, the wine, and... everything!

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
05-24-2009, 11:32 PM
:thumbsup: Can't speak for my whole family, but personally it is Boma. Their salmon is just the best - and the soups are wonderful. This is not your "run of the mill" WDW buffet, there are always food items that are just a little different. Wish I was there right now!

LudwigVonDrake
05-25-2009, 12:00 PM
The BEST lunch I ever had was at the Kona Cafe :tasty:

I must eat every trip at the 50s Prime Time and 'Ohanas.

buzznwoodysmom
05-25-2009, 12:19 PM
This is one of the easiest questions for me. Without a doubt....Ohana's. Its my family's favorite meal. If I asked anyone of my family members, including our extended family that we travel to WDW with occasionally they'd all answer with Ohana's. Its almost always the first meal of the trip.

TheRustyScupper
05-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Mickey Bars, ala mode.

hlkeck
05-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Not to sound too fancy-schmancy, but we ate at Victoria and Albert's at the Chef's Table for our 10 yr anniversary...and it was the best meal EVER in the whole wide world and we will never be able to top it. Unless we go back.:thumbsup:

2lilboys
05-25-2009, 03:05 PM
'Ohana dinner is my favorite!! We tried it on our honeymoon when we were staying at Poly and it is now a "must do" everytime we go back. On our most recent trip, we tried 'Ohana Character breakfast for the first time and loved that too.

Aggie97
05-25-2009, 04:25 PM
I think dinner at 'Ohana is our favorite. Narcoossee's is a close second, though. :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
05-25-2009, 04:48 PM
The steak is wonderful at Le Cellier that is my favorite meal. The whole meal experience is at O'hanas is another one we love. The food at both places is exceptional so I could not pick one.

markyv
05-25-2009, 06:31 PM
We love the Garden Grill at Epcot, but from this post, I believe that I must give Ohanas a chance on our upcoming trip.

CaptSmee
05-25-2009, 09:49 PM
I've had so many at WDW. The most recent that made me think I'd died & gone to heaven was at Narcoossee's. My mouth was wanting more, more, more!:cloud9:

elmjimmlm
05-25-2009, 10:32 PM
I would say Boatwrights breaksfast, but sadly its gone...:cry:

I will have to say 1900 Park Fare...This is the 1st year that we all went as a family and my brother and his crew and my Mom and Stepdad...It was a great meal and we had a cake for all the girls because their birthdays were close together...It can't get any better than that...

BugeyedMuggy
05-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Mine would be Le Cellier.

Pretzel Bread
Prince Edward Island Mussels
Mushroom Filet
Maple Creme Brulee
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

thejens
05-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Cali Grill- grilled fois gras and cheese plate appetizers - adults first choice
Our boys must go to Sci Fi everytime-gotta eat in a car and watch monster movies!!
The breakfast buffets are always a big hit.

Kathy Jetson
05-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Ours is Chef Mickeys. Just the look on ds5's face was worth it. Oh and the Mickey waffles too.

*Liz*
05-26-2009, 12:34 AM
I *love* the tacos at El Pirata y el Perico. I've been there several times and it's so good. :cloud9:

Rhetoric2000
05-26-2009, 11:02 AM
This is so difficult. So difficult in fact that really it would depend on whom I was with at the time. Under various groups I could easily say Crystal Palace breakfast (with anyone who has never been before), Biergarten Lunch (with mates), Whispering Canyon Lunch (with the younger members of my family), California Grill (with a special someone) or Le Cellier dinner (just with my folks). But on aggregate I would say....

Tusker House for Lunch would be a contender.

That said I've only been for luch once since the re-open so it's difficult to make that my final choice.

So in the end I would say Kona Cafe for Dinner.

I know Ohana is more spectacular but Kona has an emotional hold for me - and of course the food is wonderful.

Marilyn Michetti
05-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Our favorite for breakfast is CP or 1900 Park Fair.

Our all time best is the Cape May Buffet.

This next trip, we're not making any other ADR's - just one of the two for breakfast, and dinner at CM. It involves too much time, too much planning, and too much $$. (It's getting to be a real racket).:(

Magic Smiles
05-27-2009, 06:59 AM
Mine is so simple. Mickey waffles topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries, along with a side order of bacon. I ask for it specially everytime I am there. All served at the food court in the POFQ and eaten outside on a sunny morning. I could do this every morning. Oh wait......I pretty much do when on vacation in WDW.

Dragongirlx
05-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Mamma Melrose

Calamari to start - I hnever had calamari this nice any where else
Then Chicken Bruschetta
and a Bellini to drink

Happy happy joy joy

cinderella crazy
05-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Hmm...I'd have to pick dinner at Boma.

1. Love the food (especially the soups)
2. Love the atmosphere
3. Love looking around at the resort before and after our meal.
4. Their wine is pretty good too.
5. Love their desserts. (the pineapple upside down cheesecake I had last week was to die for!)

ThanxForNoticin
05-27-2009, 12:45 PM
This one is pretty easy for us - another vote for Boma. It's a little different each time, and always an outstanding meal. We love the soups and desserts.

bostomco
05-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Mine was at the California Grill during Wishes. I started with the tuna sashimi and one of the better mixed Jack and Cokes I can remember. For the entree I had the filet mignon. I don't exactly remember the desert, but it was chocolate and amazing. :thumbsup:

LandFan
05-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Yep - Boma seems to me to be very consistent in taste and quality. We really like it too.

Hull-onian
05-27-2009, 05:51 PM
DH likes Boma. Me not so much. I loved the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary. It's not longer there.:( My favorite this past trip I must was Coral Reef. Everything was prepared to perfection, we loved it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toughbug
05-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Kona Cafe for breakfast - Tonga Toast. Nuff said.

But since so many people have Ohana as their favorite, we may have to seriously consider this for our Thanksgiving trip.

:mickey:

RAIDER
05-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Brilliant Question by the way :thumbsup:

I have to go for Ohana's with a lapu lapu by my side :cloud9:

also the Pork Shank at T-REX is amazing

DakandZakMom
05-28-2009, 09:54 AM
I have to go for Ohana's with a lapu lapu by my side :cloud9:

I second that!! :thumbsup:

lightyearfan
05-28-2009, 10:43 AM
wow this is a tough question to answer, boatwrights has(had) a wonderful breakfest, le cellier nuff said there, rose & crowne and so on, but mine and dw's choice is Ohana's. we went there for the first time in 06 and it was awesome, the best wings in WDW, and since then we always start and finish our vacation with a dinner at Ohana's. we love the whole atmosphere of Ohana's, they have great apps, and all the meats are done perfectly, it's just a shame that i can't eat shrimp (im allergic:ill:) other than that it's all wonderful

VIctor

stitchaholic
05-28-2009, 07:25 PM
wolfgang puck express

brownie
05-29-2009, 07:27 AM
My choice would probably be Goofy's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe. It would be tough to limit it to only one.

Kaps
05-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Ohana's has been a family favorite last three trips. I have never been disappointed in the experience. :thumbsup: We usually eat here twice a trip.

Wiggum
05-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Ohana. Meat on a stick. As much as I want. :thumbsup:

SFTrny
05-30-2009, 09:31 PM
This might not be "on topic" but our favorite meals at WDW are the ones that we cook in the cabins at FW.

Mickey052501
05-30-2009, 09:47 PM
My favorite restaurant at WDW is Le Chefs de France and my DH's favorite is also Le Chefs de France.

Jen:thumbsup: