PDA

View Full Version : Birthday surprise ideas?

bunnicula
05-24-2009, 02:16 PM
My mother will be celebrating a milestone birthday before our next trip to Disney, and I'd like to surprise her with a special experience on our next trip to the World!

She goes to WDW twice a year, so it's a challenge to find something she hasn't done. She's done most of the backstage tour, and I don't think just a nice dinner out is quite unique enough. I'm considering an Illuminations fireworks cruise, but am hoping for a couple more options...

I was hoping someone on the board may have an awesome idea for a unique birthday experience. I would love to hear your ideas!

faline
05-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Dinner at Victoria & Albert's might be an option if she has not done this in the past.
Has she seen Cirque?

It's seems to me I had seen a few options under private dining such as a meal served on your balcony at Animal Kingdom Lodge or on a table set on the beach point at the Poly. You could try giving private dining a call to see what your options are.

Beast_fanatic
05-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Would she enjoy a spa experience? You could get her a massage or a mani/pedi or something along those lines.

My other thought is an experience like parasailing or something along those lines.

You could also have Disney Florist send her a special surprise. Their web-site has some ideas, but if you don't find quite what she would like, they'll work with you if you give them a call.

teambricker04
05-24-2009, 10:23 PM
I took my mom to Afternoon Tea at the GF... just her and me. It was a GREAT time. We had champagne, tea, and various treats. It was nice and not terrible expensive all while being something we don't normally do. We felt fancy... except we were a tad sweaty and wearing sandals ;)

bunnicula
05-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Lot of cool ideas. I didn't even know they had private dining, so I'll definitely look into that. I know she love mani/pedis, and might really love the mother-daughter tea time. Thanks!

MicMouse
05-25-2009, 11:20 AM
The afternoon tea sounds like a wonderful idea!

After your tea, why not get a portrait of the two of you done by the caricature artist at the Grand Floridian?

Beast_fanatic
05-25-2009, 06:03 PM
I had another idea. You could have her do the pick-a-pearl in the Mitsukoshi department store in the Japan pavilion in Epcot, and then have it made into a piece of jewelry. That would be something she could keep to have a reminder of the experience.