PDA

View Full Version : room choice for bwv

Mushu11756
05-24-2009, 12:28 PM
We are staying at bwv villas 2 bedroom preferred view in sept. and I cant decide if I should switch it to boardwalk view since it cost the same in points. How loud is the boardwalk view? Can you see fireworks from the boardwalk view? Help what would you do? I'm going with my ds ( 23 months old when we go) dh and my in-laws. :help::thanks:

Zone Stop
05-25-2009, 12:32 AM
How loud is the boardwalk view?
I was on the Inn side, but it wasn't bad at all.

Mushu11756
05-25-2009, 08:10 AM
We asked a valid question on a DVC board. Hoping for some help from fellow DVC members who actually have experience staying at the BWV.

DVC Mike
05-25-2009, 11:15 AM
We are staying at bwv villas 2 bedroom preferred view in sept. and I cant decide if I should switch it to boardwalk view since it cost the same in points. How loud is the boardwalk view? Can you see fireworks from the boardwalk view? Help what would you do? I'm going with my ds ( 23 months old when we go) dh and my in-laws. :help::thanks:

The boardwalk view rooms at BWV are some of our favorite rooms. We love watching the Epcot fireworks from our balcony, as well as just people watching the boardwalk.

DestinationWDW
05-30-2009, 12:50 PM
We just returned from a week stay. Our room faced the pool and it was hot - pool always busy - never heard any noise! Rooms very quiet! All rooms seemed convenient to everything to us! We really enjoyed this resort (first time there)! And loved being able to walk to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. We rented a boat and got some great pics of the Studios shoreline.........you will enjoy it! Have a great trip!!!!!!:mickey:

Jeffybob
05-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Rooms overlooking the Boardwalk can be on the louder side depending on where your room is located and the floor you are on.

If you are located on a lower floor, over the Red River Grille, patrons forget that there are rooms above and it can get loud. If you stay near the amusement area, toward the middle of the resort, it can be a bit loud as well. In the morning it is extremely quiet, however.

If your room overlooks the Luna Park pool, it can be loud during the day. However, if you overlook the pool at the Community Center, it is very quiet.

Overall, the rooms are well insulated for noise, but if you are near any public areas, you will hear people.

Hope this helps. :mickey:

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98)

2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan

Mushu11756
05-31-2009, 10:04 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies. They were all very helpful . We are wait listed for bcv first then bwv boardwalk view . All we could get was the 2 bedroom preferred view. Either way we'll be at Disney and that's all that matters:cloud9:

threeh
06-23-2009, 12:55 PM
We were in a 2 br in January boardwalk view and we were on the 4th floor right above big river. Let me tell you the view was amazing. We had a wonderful view of spaceship earth. I loved sitting on the porch in the am and pm watching the boats come. We have 3 kids and never noticed any problems with the noise. I think the boardwalk view is my new favorite.
Here's hoping your waitlist comes thru:magic:

Happy planning!!