PDA

View Full Version : Southwest and ME

Dream'nDisney
05-24-2009, 10:11 AM
I know this has been covered before, but please remind me... if we fly in using SW, should we bring our own luggage to the ME counter since they are not an official airline of ME? We did this the last time we flew SW, but that was 3 years ago. I wasn't sure if anything changed. Thanks.

DisneyWithoutTheSpin
05-24-2009, 10:47 AM
We flew in on Southwest in February and used ME. Our luggage was tranported from the airport to the resort without any intervention on our part. However, for the return flight we manually checked the bags at SW after arriving at MCO on ME bus.

BigRedDad
05-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Arriving on any airline into MCO makes no difference. If you are taking DME and have luggage tags (not necessary), they will gather your luggage and bring it to your resort. It is only the return trip where there is airline check-in. This is no big deal for most people any way. You are at the airport with hours to spare.

CleveRocks
05-24-2009, 02:00 PM
BigRedDad is 100% correct.

Nothing has changed since your trip 3 years ago. Even back then, you didn't need to claim your own luggage and take it to the bus with you. "Participating airline" is a term that matters ONLY FOR THE TRIP GOING BACK HOME. But when you fly TO Disney World, everyone on every airline can use ALL of DME's services, including the automatic luggage delivery.

Dream'nDisney
05-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Thanks everyone. I think I remember now that the reason we took our own luggage to the ME counter upon arrival was that we decided last minute to arrive a day early. We ended up staying at a different resort for that one night, so our luggage stickers were incorrect. We didn't want there to be any mix-up, so we grabbed our own luggage and took it to ME.