PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Plan & Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue

David&Jane
05-24-2009, 05:08 AM
Looking to book for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue but I understand you have to pay up front for the tickets. However I wish to use credits from my Disney Dining Plan, how will that work or what do I have to do?
Can the Dining Plan can also be used still to get Category 1 seating at the 9:30 p.m. show

Thanks

DizneyRox
05-24-2009, 05:56 AM
You will tell them you're on the DDP, they will take a credit card to hold the seats I believe, but it will not be charged, unless you are a no show. I'm assuming they will also take your reservation number which should prove that you in fact have the DDP.

I don't know about CAT 1, I'm going to guess no.

A little about the HDD. First, it's a great show, but none of the dinner shows are worth spending two TS credits on. It reduces the value of the plan significantly. Still your choice, but I wouldn't do it. Second, the 9:30 show is LATE for that much food IMHO. I have no problem with the food, but I would never do the 9:30 show again becuase it just is too close to bed time. I wouldn't plan on getting back "home" until maybe 11:30 or midnight. Maybe it's just me...w

biodtl
05-24-2009, 11:24 AM
If you want Cat 1 seating, you will have to go OOP. We did that in Oct, because we preferred the better seating and we liked using our TS credits for other meals.

Figment78
05-24-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure about how the DDP credit/credit card upfront charge works. Interesting question.

I just wanted to chime in that we have done the 9:30 show and although it IS late, it was still a lot of fun. Since it's family style, you can eat as much or as little as you want. For all we know you are going on a night where the MK is open until 2am and plan to go to the parks until the wee hours of the morning!

As for it being worth 2TS credits, what others are saying is that since the "value" of a TS credit is around $40, and the HDD show Category 1 pricing is $58. So it would probably be a "better use of your 2 TS" to pay OOP for HDD and use those 2 TS credits for 2 other dinners. Or a different signature (2TS) meal. HOWEVER - this doesn't take into account the fact that the $40 you payed for the DDP also gives you a CS and snack. So the TS portion is more like, $25-30 which makes the HDD a little more reasonable. It also depends on your goal with the DDP. Some peole will use it and order the most expensive things just to get their money's worth out of it. I personally just want to eat what I want, not what my wallet or calculator tells me. Anyway, they are your credits and if you have all your other meals already planned and covered under the DDP, I see no problem with using the TS credits for HDD! For all we know, you;re on the Deluxe DDP and have more TS credits than you know what to do with! :)

Enjoy HDD! I love that show!

egospotter
05-27-2009, 10:21 AM
From everything I have read in guide books and on web sites you can use the DDP for Category 1 seating at the 9:30 show. I have yet to see any update that says this is no longer the case. We are going to do this in August, so I sure hope they don't change it!

We've always gone to the 9:30 show. It's not too late to eat as long as you space out your meals and fill your tummy with snacks to last you through the day.

I think it also gives you the most out of your days at the parks and you have a better chance at good seats because there are less people (we've sat front and center before.) Also less children for adults who care about that sort of thing. Plus we can sneak in the sing-along at the campfire program first as well as a few s'mores to tide us over to 9:30!

Have fun! :thumbsup:

Momof2boys
05-27-2009, 02:27 PM
We used our DDP credits for Cat 1 at the 9:30 show this past October. We were very close and we all enjoyed the show !

mreinventtt
05-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I just called and made dining reservations for hoopty doo and you need a credit card to hold the reservation. But they will not charge it. Unless you dont show up. But I could not get category 1. Category 1 is for people who are paying out of pocket fot the show and not with the free dining plan. Just so you know.
Missy:mickey:

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
05-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Yes, you can use the DDP for category 1 seating at the HDDR at the 9:30 show. This is what we are doing in August. Plus, the gratuity, as well as wine, beer, and sangria, are included so this increases the value of the show (if you plan on drinking ;) ). IMO, the 9:30 show is very late if that day is spent at the parks, however we are doing this on the day we arrive, having a late lunch at the resort, then just swimming, napping, or relaxing until we have to head over to the show. I can't wait!

Also, if you are going to use WDW transportation to get back to the resort after the 9:30 show, expect a LONG travel time. We'll have our car, so we can drive over and back.

egospotter
06-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Just want to doubly confirm that you can use DDP credits for Cat 1 seating at 9:30 - we made our ADR for this exact thing this weekend. :mickey: