PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Contemporary for Chef Mickey's

Kaptain Hook
05-23-2009, 11:45 PM
We're planning to have breakfast at Chef Mickey's and were wondering if we could leave our car there and just catch the Monorail to Magic Kingdom. Has anyone ever done this?

Kathy Jetson
05-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Thats what we did in November we had no problem.

Seasonscraps
05-24-2009, 02:52 AM
The resort parking lots are for for resort guests or for 3 hours while you dine at the resort. You are not supposed to leave cars to go to the parks if you are not staying there.

I think the exception is if you valet your car.

DizneyRox
05-24-2009, 06:06 AM
You CAN, but I wouldn't expect to have the car there when you return. People parking for meals at resorts are given a 3 hour permit for parking. After that, your car can be towed (at your expense). Some of the resorts take this very seriously, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Polynesian, Beach Club, etc. Parking is limited and can sometimes be a challenge for those actually staying there, it's not an alternative for theme park parking.

Strmchsr
05-24-2009, 08:32 AM
:ditto: A better plan would be to park at the TTC in the morning and ride the resort monorail to your breakfast. Then you'd be free to walk over to MK or ride the monorail after breakfast without worrying about your car.

ThanxForNoticin
05-24-2009, 09:53 AM
A better plan would be to park at the TTC in the morning and ride the resort monorail to your breakfast. Then you'd be free to walk over to MK or ride the monorail after breakfast without worrying about your car.

I agree. If they allowed too many people to use this parking strategy, there wouldn't be enough spaces for the guests at CR. That's why they give out 3-hour parking passes to guests coming in to eat or shop. It will be better to park at TTC (which is the MK parking), then head to breakfast and MK.

Harriet
05-24-2009, 03:11 PM
If you are staying on propertyyou can always take a bus to a park then get on the next bus for the CR. But as noted above the TT is the best way not have to worry about your car being towed. They are becoming very strick about people other then guest parking. I know I be very upset if I where staying at a resort and could not fine a parking place when I returned from wherever I was. Be kind to the hotel guest and park at TT or take the bus.

MinnieMommie
05-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I agree that parking at the TTC and taking the monorail is a good strategy. You will be given 3 hours to park if you have reservations but at CR they will check to see if your name is on their reservation list before letting you in to park. :mickey:

irish1967
05-24-2009, 07:32 PM
:ditto: A better plan would be to park at the TTC in the morning and ride the resort monorail to your breakfast. Then you'd be free to walk over to MK or ride the monorail after breakfast without worrying about your car.

Personally, I would do exactly this.

It really only takes about 10 or so extra minutes and personally, I would worry about my car being towed all day.

Also, if you have an early ADR, you'll probably be close to the front of the parking lot which means you don't have to wait for a tram when you are ready to leave!

wdwfan
05-24-2009, 09:06 PM
I would do the same park at the TTC and use the monorail. With BLT not sure how the parking is going to work, but I know that normally I've been given a 3 hr. pass to dine at CG.
It's not worth the worry wondering if they will tow your car and it's been known to happen.

mludman
05-25-2009, 10:08 AM
what time do the monorails start running in the morning?

MicMouse
05-25-2009, 11:11 AM
I can't be the only one out there that gets upset by posts like this....

To the OP, please park at the TTC. You may be taking up a parking space for someone who is paying to stay at the Contemporary. Wouldn't you be upset when you returned to your hotel at the end of that day to find out that there is no place for you to park because others are taking advanatge?

I don't mean to be a stickler, but really, don't cheat.:blush:

faline
05-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I can't be the only one out there that gets upset by posts like this....

To the OP, please park at the TTC. You may be taking up a parking space for someone who is paying to stay at the Contemporary. Wouldn't you be upset when you returned to your hotel at the end of that day to find out that there is no place for you to park because others are taking advanatge?

I don't mean to be a stickler, but really, don't cheat.:blush:

Please keep in mind the original poster was only inquiring as to whether this was an okay thing to do and did not say that was the poster's plan. Personally, I think it's quite nice that the poster thought about it and made this inquiry.

buzznwoodysmom
05-25-2009, 04:27 PM
If you are staying on property why not take a taxi that morning to your ADR, then you can monorail over to MK and then take the bus back to your resort at the end of the day. This way you don't have to worry about parking at all. That is what we do when we have an ADR at a resort other than the one in which we are staying.

Kathy Jetson
05-26-2009, 01:11 AM
I posted earlier that we parked at contemporary all day when we ate at chef mickeys. the man at the gate never said anything to us about 3 hour parking so we did not know we were doing anything wrong.:confused: however after reading everyones comments we will park at ttc and take the monorail over. sorry I was not trying to get anyone to break the rules:blush:

Kaptain Hook
05-26-2009, 11:19 AM
I didn't mean to create such a stir. Thanks for all of the responses. I've never left a vehicle there before. Just wondering if it was okay. We usually travel when crowds are low and the parking lots are not full. I would never want to take a spot from someone staying at the resort I'm visiting for a meal. We definitely will park at TTC or get a cab.

ThanxForNoticin
05-26-2009, 11:53 AM
I didn't mean to create such a stir. Thanks for all of the responses. I've never left a vehicle there before. Just wondering if it was okay. We usually travel when crowds are low and the parking lots are not full. I would never want to take a spot from someone staying at the resort I'm visiting for a meal. We definitely will park at TTC or get a cab.

I don't think you caused a stir. You asked a legitimate question and got responses based on the experience of some folks here on Intercot - that's what these boards are supposed to be used for! Enjoy your time at the CR and MK!

RBrooksC
05-26-2009, 12:06 PM
My experience back in September 2007 was this. We made plans to have breakfast at the Kona Cafe our last full day at Disney. So, since we rented a car, we drove from the WL to the Poly, and parked the car. We didn't have an ADR since it was the Kona Cafe in September. We passed through the hotel gate without issue and they didn't have me any Poly Pass. We parked in the Poly lot, had breakfast and then rode the Monorail to the MK on the spur of the moment because we had nothing planned for that day.

So, I don't know if they have gotten stricter or we just got lucky.