PDA

View Full Version : Just back and "dried out" trip report day 7,8,9

luvDaMouse
05-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Cast
Me--- Dana aka Luvdamouse
DH--- Tom
When--May 13th to May 22nd
Where-- AKV Sav view studio at Kidani Wed to Sat , 1st stay as DVC members!
Then a 1bdr at SSR (developers points) Sat to Fri

Day 7, 8 and 9 Tues Wed and Thurs.

Well all good plans….. have to change. I had planned things each day sort of. We had reservations at California Grill on Tues night at 7:25. We decided to go to Epcot today to do the otherside of the WS I wanted to get my daughter a fan from Japan with her name on it. We started out seeing Honey I shrunk the audience. Then went to Oh Canada. And then headed to France and the skies just opened up and the down pours began and it did not let up at all. We went to France. Got some pastries and left the park. Our feet were soaked. Nothing worse than wet sneakers. As a matter of fact we stopped at mousegear on the way out and I bought Mickey Crocs. And wore them out of the park. My husband got the Mickey Croc Flops. We got a bus and went “home” I put the sneakers and clothes in the dryer and we hung out and watched tv until it was time to grab the bus to DTD then to the Contemporary for our ADR. We were going to cancel and just get pizza but they charge 20$ per person so we put our ponchos on and headed out. Dinner was ok. It was not as good as our dinner there last year. I had a corn bisque soup which was good. My DH had the lobster and corn baguettes which he enjoyed. We both had the filet which was good. But the potatoes that they had were not as good as last year. We shared the banana crème brule which was very good. We watched wishes from a window seat. But I have to say I did not enjoy them as much as being on main st. Very different, strange to see them so far from the castle. Its amazing how they look from main st. they appear to be right behind the castle even though they are a shot off a couple miles away. My husband now wants to see them from the beach at the Poly. After dinner and alittle shopping in the gift shop we hopped a DTD bus and transferred to SSR bus and home to bed.

Wed, Day 8

Well, we have a golf tee time at 10 am at LBV which is right in our resort. We can walk to check in. We have breakfast and look out the window, it looks promising alittle over cast but not raining I can even see some blue sky! Maybe its over.. We head over to check in and get DH clubs, get in our cart and head over to the starter. They match us up with 2 golfers (very good golfers) Ralph is from St. Louis and Vern from San Diego. Both were friends. Vern didn’t talk much Ralph seemed nice enough. He bought at OKW when it first opened and he was staying at AKV this trip.This course is not forgiving at all very narrow fairways but much prettier than the Magnolia well the 15 holes we saw anyway. My husband is an average golfer. Shoots around 100 or so. These guys were good. They really should either match you with someone somewhat equal or let you go out alone. They always force you to match up so they have a foursome or at least a threesome. The pressure is just too much. My Dh did not play well, in the woods a bunch of times. He was getting frustrated. Anyone that plays golf knows how mental the game is and when you start to loose it your game does too. That said at about the 13th hole the thunder started. Mind you the sky was still blue. Then around the 15th hole the sky opened up and the rain came again… we took shelter in a covered bridge and when it seemed to pass we moved out to try to finish. Well, it started to rain again, my DH decided to pack it in (I was happy about that) We left the other two golfers, they were going to wait it out. We headed back to the clubhouse and they were nice enough to drive us back to our room. It poured and the fairway in front of our room was completely flooded as well as the cart paths (the ducks enjoyed it) Tonight we walked up (ponchos on) to the Turf bar and grill and had burgers walked back and watched the finale of American Idol Took advantage of the whirlpool tub and went to bed. No park today, just too wet out.

Thursday Day 9 last park day

Woke up had some breakfast and headed out to Epcot. Picked up the fan for my daughter in Japan, Bought a welcome Mickey rock and a Mickey gnome and a sun catcher I arranged for them to be shipped home. I would have to buy another suitcase to bring them home and it was cheaper to have them delivered. So far today no rain! Saw the France movie, American adventure, and watched the candy maker in Japan (that was pretty cool never saw that before) then we grabbed the boat to Mexico, had a farewell trip on spaceship earth then said goodbye to Epcot and hopped the monorail to MK. With the weather still holding out we got to MK in time to grab a couple of rocking chairs on the porch by Tony’s and waited to see the Flag retreat ceremony. What a moving thing to see. Between the band and the Magic kingdom quartet singers and the kids they pick to say the pledge of allegiance it made you cry! I was so glad to finally see it. After that we headed out to Rays cosmic Café to grab dinner. Watched allitle Sonny Eclipse had some burgers. We then headed over to Liberty Square and rode HM with no wait. Moved on the BTM the sign said 50 min. wait. Well, what to do. Fast passes will bring you back at 8:55 by then I had hoped to see spectro one last time. So we decided to wait. And wait we did. And waited… and waited…. About 85 minutes. Love this ride but the wait was crazy. I guess I was hoping it would not be accurate and would be less time (I was wrong) anyway we rode it then headed to main street. I needed to pick up flipflops for my older daughter and some candy and my husband went to the locker to pick up our ponchos cause you guessed it…it started to rain again. We grabbed a table right outside of the chapeau played a game of checkers ( I won, which never happens) and we watched spectro. They delayed it about 15 minutes and not all the floats or the people that watch were included in the parade due to the weather.We got some Ice cream and we grabbed our place on Main street and watched Wishes one last time. After a final turn to see the castle one last time we said our goodbyes and went to the bus to go back to the resort to pack up. Tomorrow we go home.

Thanks for reading.
Dana

faline
05-23-2009, 09:12 PM
That rain really put a damper on your trip! You're really troupers as it's clear you made the best of it!

the other micki
05-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Sorry about all the rain, but it sounds as if you made the best of it. Glad you were able to finally see the Flag ceremony! Thanks for your reports!

mouseketeer mom
05-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Oh Dana..the rain!!!! We had weather like that on our August trip during Hurricane Fay and I don't think we dried out the whole trip. It feels disgusting. Ugh. Loved the reports, sounds like you guys made the best of everything!!:mickey: Lisa

BluewaterBrad
05-26-2009, 03:39 PM
I enjoyed all your reports. Sorry about the rain ( we need it though real bad!):mickey:

princessgirls
05-26-2009, 07:30 PM
The rain is a downer....At least you guys made the best of it. Sounds like a nice day!

Thanks for reporting Dana!

Julie:mickey:

yjgirl32
05-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I can't wait to see the flag ceremony this year. I am really hoping to get my father-in-law signed up to help- he's a vet and possibly my son to say the Pledge of Allegiance for my father-in-laws birthday. That would be really great- but if not still be a good day to see it. Thanks for sharing.

Dixie Springs
05-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks for posting. We were there about the same time, and can truly empathize with the rain situation - unbelievable!

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: