PDA

View Full Version : Just back and " dried out " trip report day 5 and 6

luvDaMouse
05-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Cast
Me--- Dana aka Luvdamouse
DH--- Tom
When--May 13th to May 22nd
Where-- AKV Sav view studio at Kidani Wed to Sat , 1st stay as DVC members!
Then a 1bdr at SSR (developers points) Sat to Fri

Day 5 Sunday

Today we got up and had breakfast in our room. My husband cooked. I ordered breakfast stuff from Garden Grocer. I also got a case of water. Next time I will not order as much food. We had stuff left over. (Lesson learned) We found that we could buy a lot of the same things in the stores in the resorts. It was nice though and I am sure will have saved us money not having to eat breakfast in the parks or at the counter serve restaurant in the resort. Plus I think it saved time. We headed out to DHS and went straight to Toy Story We got fast passes with a return time of 11:55. We went on Star tours, saw Muppets 3D went on Movie ride, highlight of the day was the new American Idol, thought it was really well done. The stage looks just like the one on TV. Our guy we voted for went on to the finals. They have 7 shows throughout the day with the final at 7pm. They tell you to make sure you get there at about 6pm if you want to get in and they mean it. It fills up fast! We used our fast passes for Toy Story (as fun as usual) went through One mans dream. Saw Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Indiana Jones. We had a 2pm reservation at Mamma Melrose today, which was outstanding! My husband and I shared the bread and dips plate. They had roasted garlic, a sun dried tomato and pesto and a veggie dip. The sun-dried tomato was my favorite. We shared a Tuscan chicken dish, which was very good, then DH had the tiramisu and I had gelato, Yummy! It was on the lunch menu which has nice options and it is less expensive than dinner so it saved some $$$ Then we went to American Idol and saw the final seven. The one we picked won. I think they and anyone that does this have a lot of guts to get up and sing in front of all those people! We got out of idol and had planned to go to Fantasmic (there was supposed to be two showings But…. then the rain came. We had only 3 opportunities to see Fantasmic and it rained (I mean poured) for every one of them. Disappointed we did not get to see it at all this trip. So we headed back to the resort. Watched some TV and went to bed. Epcot Tomorrow.

***** Correction to Friday day 3 Its funny, how you forget things I should have taken notes on what days we did what. I completely forgot that on Friday after AK we did not hang around the resort when we left. We went back to AKV and then went to epcot. Epcot had evening EMH and we had ADR at Rose and Crown. for dinner. We went through future world. My dh rode a segway, we did storm struck and tried club cool. We tried the Beverly ( I warned my dh) it was not bad at first but then the bitter flavor kicked in Gross! Then we headed to Rose and Crown. Well, the potato soup was excellent, my huband loved the salad. But the Fish and chips he did not like at all he said it was hard and it seemed like it was old and reheated. I was going to get some kind of chicken and veggies in a pastry I saw on the menu here on intercot but they did not have it on the menu so I got a pork chop with some kind of sauce it was terrible. We did eat outside which was nice but we will not be eating there again. No dessert, we went to Norway later and had a sweet pretzel and my dh had a piece of pastry. We watched illuminations then headed back to the resort.

Back on track Day 6 May 18th Monday

Ok I will do my best as my memory is spotty, maybe it is the rain that had gotten to me.
We woke up and had breakfast in the room, eggs, bacon, juice. Our view is that of the golf course. Very nice. Today I believe we went to Epcot again. Wanted to see some of the Flower and garden displays. And do the World showcase. When we went to Epcot on Friday it was dark after dinner and you just cant see a lot. We figured we would go half way around the WS today then the other half on Tuesday. Taking our time. It rained on and off, not bad not pouring but we needed the ponchos. We had an ADR at CRT at 8:05 so we hopped the Monorail and headed to MK. We got there at about 7:30 but they would not let you check in till 7:50 I heard a couple trying to get a table for dinner without reservations, they said it was their anniversary dinner. Come on people make a reservation early especially if it is your anniversary! It seemed a lot of people would try to walk up and try to get into restaurants without reservations I cant believe how many people are not very prepared. Its not like it used to be when you could just go on a waiting list or call ahead. Anyway it was a wonderful dinner and a cute show with the fairy godmother. We enjoyed it and will do this one again! After dinner we watched Spectro again it was raining lightly. And this time we watched Wishes from the top of the train station. A different perspective. But we did not like this one too much , they don’t dim the lights there and the music does not seem as loud. Its hard to beat the middle of Main st. But tomorrow will tell,. We will be at the California Grill watching.:mickey:

Sorry for jumping around,
Thanks for reading.
Dana

faline
05-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Once upon a time, you could go to Dinsey World and just wing it. These days, a trip really does require advance planning.

Mama Melrose's is a favorite of mine. Glad you enjoyed it!

the other micki
05-23-2009, 10:37 PM
You got alot done at the Studios today! Your evening at Epcot sounds very nice, too.

Magic Smiles
05-24-2009, 12:11 AM
We didn't even know that you had to make reservations for meals until our 3rd trip when we tried to get into Prime Time Cafe. We never even thought about doing a TS meal during our first 2 trips. Since then we have still only made a handful of reservations as we still prefer CS meals, as they are much quicker.

dtootsie42
05-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Sounds like it was another great couple of days. I always feel sorry for people who don't have reservations....I think some are first timers and don't really realize how hard it is to get reservations and I think people who don't go very often also don't realize how hard it is to get a reservation.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

artyboy
05-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Planning always pays!

Thanks for posting!

shan-ash
05-24-2009, 04:53 PM
your meal at Mama Melrose sounded so good--glad you enjoyed the days so far!

mouseketeer mom
05-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Too bad about Fantasmic...we had a dinner package booked for our last trip and bagged it, we were in the 95 degree heat all day and just didn't have the energy to stick it thru. We were zapped..I still kind of regret it, cause we didn't get to try Mama Melroses either then..Maybe the next trip for both of us Dana!!

BluewaterBrad
05-26-2009, 03:30 PM
:thumbsup::mickey:

princessgirls
05-26-2009, 07:24 PM
In spite of the rain, you are having a great time!

Thanks for sharing Dana!

Julie:mickey:

sleepingbooty
05-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Oh my gosh - we must have been in line for fastpasses at TSMM at the same time! We went to MGM that morning and I headed straight for the fp machine, and I also got a time of 11:55 - what a small world!

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
06-01-2009, 08:28 AM
We had lunch at CRT and loved it. I think it's because it's the castle- although the food was really good too. Sorry to hear about all the rain. Thanks for sharing.