PDA

View Full Version : Trip to OKW, Part 4

garymacd
05-23-2009, 07:49 PM
The next morning breaks bright and clear again. Today promises to be a busy day for everyone. Niece Patricia and I decide to get an early start and return to AK to again ride Everest and Dinosaur. We also watched Nemo and had a late breakfast/early lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue before heading over to DtD from OKW to meet up with the rest of the family.

Another family ritual is for everyone (except me and now Vince) to get a pearl from The Pearl Factory. The woman running the stand that day actually remembered us from past trips. We got some very beautiful pearls, a couple of big white ones, two blues and a set of twins (one oyster, two pearls) for Terri as a thank you for coming. From there we headed over to MK for rides, fireworks and the Spectro-magic parade. Terri wasn’t feeling well, so she headed back to her hotel for the evening. We ended up staying until park closing and then headed back to our hotel and had a late dinner at Good’s Food to Go. Not bad eating hamburgs and hotdogs at ten o’clock at night. We closed the place.

The next morning we got a call from Terri. She was sick with a fever and felt terrible. We decided to head out without her. She put her time to good use and studied her PALS manual. :sleepin:

We had breakfast in our rooms and then headed off to DHS to do all the things we missed the first time. Patricia wanted to try ToT. I was the only one brave enough to go with her. Great time. We ended up doing it again later in the thunderstorm that was brewing. Our youngest, Hillary, and Barbara wanted to go on RnRC, but Brianne and Vince weren’t up for it. I managed to talk Patricia into it, so the four of us lined up and waited in the brewing thunderstorm. Barbara and I have ridden RnRC many times, but those two poor saps had no idea what was in store for them. They did enjoy it, though.

Early dinner at Pizza Planet again. By this time we were soaked and cold. Coffee was the order of the day. We had gotten Fast Passes for Toy Story Mania as soon as we got to the park. Finally our ride time came at 9 pm. Another great attraction. By this time, we were soaked and everyone wanted to head back to OKW. I noticed the rain was lessening and almost stopped, so Patricia and I stayed for Fantasmic while everyone else wimped out and returned to the resort. Then we headed back, too for a late night snack of PB & J’s before bed.

This was our last day. We sadly got up and loaded our cars, really not looking forward to leaving and driving back home without A/C in one of the cars. Patricia wanted to finish spending her $75 gift card at DtD, so off she went on the boat while we got ready to go to MK and then finish the day at EPCOT for Illuminations. We finished the day with going back over some of our favourite rides and attractions. Patricia also was eager to try Mission: Space. Being the only one brave enough, I went with her. We really enjoyed it. Now she can’t wait to go back next year. All the kids are now making plans to save enough money over the next year to return. There is some talk about braving the train ride.

I personally can’t wait.

faline
05-23-2009, 07:59 PM
The last time our daughter went to Disney with us, she got a pearl from that location!

Kathy Jetson
05-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Sounds like fun.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Other than the cars it sounds like you are having a fantastic time.

artyboy
05-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Sounds like a great time!

dtootsie42
05-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

DizNee143
05-26-2009, 02:44 PM
yay shopping in dtd..i love it there..
sounds like you all had fun again..:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-26-2009, 03:49 PM