PDA

View Full Version : Trip to OKW, Part 3

garymacd
05-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Monday, May 11th is Barbara’s 50th birthday. We had a special dinner planned for the afternoon at Teppan Edo. She had no idea that her best friend was coming down for a few days as a surprise birthday present. At one point shortly before our reservation time, we were all headed to Test Track for a quick ride courtesy of judiciously planned Fast Passes. Our youngest daughter had been constantly messaging Barbara’s BFF Terri over the day and keeping me informed of her progress. It was easier for her to explain text messages than me. She left a new boyfriend back home and had been messaging back and forth ever since we left.

She told me that Terri was now in the park and was waiting for us by the washrooms near Test Track. I told her to get her camera ready. Again, something easier for her to do than me. She took over 2000 photo’s on this trip! Thank goodness for digital cameras! As we are walking toward Test Track, I spied Terri and suggested we all use the facilities before we go on a fast ride like that. As we walk toward the restrooms, Terri starts walking towards us. Barbara looks right at her and thinks, “Gee. That woman is walking right at me. And she looks a lot like Terri. OMG! It is Terri!” Screams, laughs, smiles, hugs. Good times. After Test Track we headed to Japan for dinner. Teppan Edo has to be our new favourite affordable restaurants at Disney. We enjoyed the food and camaraderie. Our eldest, Brianne, is training to be a chef and has always wanted to try one of these eateries. Something off of her To Do list. We spent the rest of the evening at EPCOT until Terri announced that she was just too tired to stay awake any longer. She had been up since 3:30 am to get to her flight at Buffalo Airport.

Next morning - sunny and hot, as usual - we all got up and drove over to Terri’s resort – POFQ, our favourite resort. We had breakfast at Sassagoula Floatworks which had to include beignets – three orders of them - then we’re off to Animal Kingdom. We did all the big rides: Everest, Dinosaur, Safari, and some of the shows. Late lunch was had at Pizzafari. Again it was pizza. Not great pizza, but still pizza. We had planned to spend most of the day at AK and then head to DtD for the evening. Unfortunately a thunderstorm was brewing, so we dropped Terri off at POFQ (she was still tired) and returned to our own resort for a quiet evening watching the rain and lightning.

No swim tonight. Former lifeguards should, after all, set an example and not become one.

faline
05-23-2009, 08:24 PM
What a wonderful surprise! Lots of fun!

Kathy Jetson
05-23-2009, 11:00 PM
thanks for the report. 2000 pics I thought I took alot but she has me beat.

artyboy
05-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Awesome surprise!

dtootsie42
05-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Great surprise!!!

vizsla
05-26-2009, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
05-26-2009, 02:04 PM
aww what a great surprise for you wife!!! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Great B-day present!:mickey::mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Great B-day

yjgirl32
05-28-2009, 11:31 AM
That is an awesome surprise. Good job. What a good husband & daughter. Thanks again for sharing.

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: