PDA

View Full Version : Food and Wine Fest?

BiloxiMom
05-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Never been there while the festival was going on. What can you tell me about it? Is it fun for the kids or just grownups? Is it crowded? How does it work?

dmosher
05-23-2009, 05:42 PM
We are going for the first time this year as well. Seems like a lot of fun!
:pipes:
D

iceicebritney
05-23-2009, 06:06 PM
We are going to the FNWF for the first time this year as well. We planned to go lasts year, but for financial reasons that did not work out.

We are four adults on the DDP. We are not looking to spend money on any of the extra dinners or events... is there enough free stuff to do at the festival?

Our main concern: is it worth it to add on the "park hopper" option to our tickets to visit EPCOT every night while we are there (5 nights) or will we have our fill after a day or two of the festival?

Strmchsr
05-23-2009, 06:48 PM
The F&WF is neat, but not a lot for the kids. And, actually, if you're on the DDP it's kind of tough for adults, too, as you're already stuffed from the DDP. However, quite a few of the courty kiosks offer their specialties (like the chedder cheese soup at Canada) as a snack option with the DDP. So, very fun for grownups, but neither of my sons got too excited about anything.

biodtl
05-23-2009, 09:03 PM
There really isn't anything specifically for kids, but they can do the kidcot or passport stops (or from what I hear - the Kim Possible missions) while you enjoy the different countries' offerings. And my kids like to try some different stuff, so we're all happy.

CaptSmee
05-23-2009, 09:08 PM
I don't know if I would call it fun, it's different. There are little food kiosk counters set up around World Showcase Lagoon with all kinds of different foods from different countries. They are expensive for small portions, but give you a good opprotunity to try something new. I like to just sample my way around the World. Also, usually on the weekend they will have concerts as well that are often quite good and free. It does get a little crowded, but nothing that will prohibit you from having a great time.:beer:

mudpuppysmom
05-23-2009, 09:51 PM
We find it interesting for both adults and kids believe it or not!

For all involved there is "new" foods to try.....a good way to expose kids to different cultures with just a small taste of this or that, plus they usually have some sort of dessert item at the additional food kiosks.

I remember a few years ago going and trying to get DS#1 to eat Chicken Sha Cha....he just looked at it....then the next year, he ate it three or four times!:mickey:

My cousins and his clan meet up with us sometimes (they are from Daytona) and one of his DD's could not get enough couscous!!! I think she ate pounds of it!

So for us, it's a chance to try new things in smaller quantites and we don't have to make ADR's or sit down to do it -- it's fun!:beer:

I know that many of the booths are the same at the countries in WS, but there are some additional ones too and like I said you don't have to have an ADR or sit down for an actual meal to try the foods they have.

Duchess99
05-23-2009, 10:04 PM
I will be going for the first time in September and it's been something I've been wanting to do for quite some time. :yummy:
We will be on the DDP. Can you use snack credits for all of the items at the kiosks or just a select few?

Polynesian Dweller
05-23-2009, 11:05 PM
I will be going for the first time in September and it's been something I've been wanting to do for quite some time. :yummy:
We will be on the DDP. Can you use snack credits for all of the items at the kiosks or just a select few?

The kiosk will show which ones are on the DDP. Its usually all snack items. Wines and beer will not be covered.

Serving sizes are just sampler size for the most part. You can't make a lunch of it at any kiosk and will have to visit several. We usually check the list of countries and what they offer when they are posted on Disney (later in the summer likely) so we can plan out which ones we want to try.